Author Topic: ENY FLAW  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
Re: ENY FLAW
« Reply #105 on: March 07, 2014, 11:04:23 AM »
It still makes sense.  It gives the outnumbered side an edge with better AC available.

why does that make sense? Is the war supposed to be a draw?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #106 on: March 07, 2014, 11:06:59 AM »
This a game ,not "war" and players cry if things are not fair in their games.  ;)
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: March 07, 2014, 11:16:36 AM »

No, one country will win, they always do.  My point is the ENY is not only used to encourage players to switch sides
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: March 07, 2014, 11:38:25 AM »
No, one country will win, they always do.  My point is the ENY is not only used to encourage players to switch sides

"the war" is never ending.  and eny has never encourage players to switch sides to where it will actually balance the sides.  been playing for 7 or more years and eny has very seldom lasted more than a few minutes.  and only because new people will log in.

pretty sure all this "myths" about eny, switch times and such other non-sense would go away if hitech would release data to back it up.  then again it's not something that most of the players base really care about.  the ones who really care or complain take your pick  are in the minority. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #109 on: March 07, 2014, 08:32:09 PM »
It still makes sense.  It gives the outnumbered side an edge with better AC available.
No, now the people disgusted with ENY only have the option of logging, NOT a good option if you want the game to survive.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: March 07, 2014, 08:33:51 PM »
We had two LWMAs and one hour side switches for almost all the years I previously played. Often the prospect of more targets, avoiding ENY, finding a fight, perk bonuses or some combination thereof led to me switching sides.

"the war" is never ending.  and eny has never encourage players to switch sides to where it will actually balance the sides.  been playing for 7 or more years and eny has very seldom lasted more than a few minutes.  and only because new people will log in.

pretty sure all this "myths" about eny, switch times and such other non-sense would go away if hitech would release data to back it up.  then again it's not something that most of the players base really care about.  the ones who really care or complain take your pick  are in the minority. 

semp
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zodiac

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »
ENY works or would work rather if people complained less.People can still fly anything they want. I know miraculous right? What is this secret I have learned that allows it all to work out in everyone's favor you say? It's actually easy, here it is: Switch sides. ENY encourages people to switch to the outnumbered side so they are not restricted in what they can fly, thus balancing the sides. So barring squad restrictions switch to the low number side and enjoy flying anything you want. Since switching to 1 arena and 12 hour switch ENY swings have stabilized quite a bit (Where's Lusche?  :lol ) I remember quite often seeing crushing ENY numbers in the 2 arena setup with the 1 hour switch, that said with 1 arena I think it would be worth a shot to at least try out 1 hour switch time and see how it goes. ENY is just there to encourage players to balance the sides themselves, so if you are complaining about ENY and don't have any squad restrictions on side switching then honestly you only have yourself to blame. I no longer switch sides (squad) and accept that at times my side will have ENY restrictions, though personally I usually don't realize it until someone else mentions we have ENY.
Member DFC
Quote from: Skuzzy
No cookie for you.
Quote from: Wiley
If they want to run to their ack or friendlies that's fine.  It's up to me to catch them and not get killed in the process if I can.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: March 08, 2014, 04:40:34 PM »
ENY is just there to encourage players to balance the sides themselves, so if you are complaining about ENY and don't have any squad restrictions on side switching then honestly you only have yourself to blame. I no longer switch sides (squad) and accept that at times my side will have ENY restrictions, though personally I usually don't realize it until someone else mentions we have ENY.

With one switch every 12 hours it doesn't work, you'll just be stuck on the over-numbered side later.

Last night Knit ENY got too high to fly a 190A5 at times. But if I had switched at 3 or 4, hours and hours of my playing time today would have been spent on the high numbers side AND on the wrong side for my squad.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 04:42:26 PM by BnZs »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2014, 04:07:34 PM »
It does not make sense. How is that it makes sense when ENY is 25+ when there is a difference of 8 players when the arena totals less than 50, but when one side outnumbers the other a weekend night by 50 there is no ENY at all.  :headscratch:

I know how it works, it's a %, I'm saying how does that make sense?

:bhead  thought I was finished in this one
They're casting their bait over there, see?