Author Topic: ENY FLAW  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: ENY FLAW
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »
I think a lot of this whole thread has been misread.

ENY (plane choice) seems to only apply to where it matters in the wee/early morning US hours. When there are all of 20-50 ppl playing. There is hardly a time where I see the higher ENY side doing the hording regardless of what country it is. Although lately it's not the Rooks, but their low numbers are causing it. Take into account guys sitting in the tower, and you can have 8 guys attacking a base who have lower ENY than you, two of you up to defend but many can't fight in the planes they would like to in this situation, so others choose not to.   OH well,  :bhead  , you guys keep calling it a whine, keep saying you know better - fact is you are not there from what I've seen.

Login and see how many ppl are unhappy with it sometime, even heard one guy today say he's done after many years here...

It does not stop me, I'm not advocating to be able to horde in uber rides. I'm advocating for players who spend money to be here to be able to choose to fly the plane they like.  :bhead

Today this happened at 7:30am EST

P.S. My squad does not allow me to switch, or I would.

Your squad might not let you switch sides but there is most certainly many other players online (especially during the early hours) who can switch sides, and they'd love to do so but the 12 hour rule keeps them from doing so. Reducing the 12 hour rule would solve all of the imbalanced side problems and ENY problems.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread into another side switch timer debate. I'm just saying that it would fix the problem even better than changing the min-ENY limit.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2014, 11:53:17 AM »
Your squad might not let you switch sides but there is most certainly many other players online (especially during the early hours) who can switch sides, and they'd love to do so but the 12 hour rule keeps them from doing so. Reducing the 12 hour rule would solve all of the imbalanced side problems and ENY problems.

I'm not trying to hijack this thread into another side switch timer debate. I'm just saying that it would fix the problem even better than changing the min-ENY limit.

+1
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »
109F is a lovely substitute for the Spit IX.

The Fredrich was a fighter/bomber/bomber hunter....... to bad it not in this game. We might see more of them up if the other variants were added back to the game.

Wheres Bruno,
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2014, 12:15:13 PM »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2014, 12:26:52 PM »

LaTrobe, from my recollections, when we had 2 arena's and could switch every hour the sides were no more balanced than they are now.  Maybe even less so, compounded by the fact that if you went to the other MA you would mostly find the same thing but with different countries outnumbered.  I believe there is only the presumption that changing the one hour limit would solve anything.  Yes players like you that want to keep the sides balanced would switch but I would put forward the idea that there are just as many that would go against the "side balancing" and switch just to be in the hord.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: March 05, 2014, 12:45:26 PM »
LaTrobe, from my recollections, when we had 2 arena's and could switch every hour the sides were no more balanced than they are now.  Maybe even less so, compounded by the fact that if you went to the other MA you would mostly find the same thing but with different countries outnumbered.  I believe there is only the presumption that changing the one hour limit would solve anything.  Yes players like you that want to keep the sides balanced would switch but I would put forward the idea that there are just as many that would go against the "side balancing" and switch just to be in the hord.

that may be, but at least the rest of us would have a choice to not be part of it.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: March 05, 2014, 02:45:13 PM »
The Fredrich was a fighter/bomber/bomber hunter....... to bad it not in this game. We might see more of them up if the other variants were added back to the game.

Wheres Bruno,

? I'm not sure I understand.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2014, 06:56:20 AM »
Just fly the Ki-43 and all your ENY problems are solved.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2014, 07:19:04 AM »
The irony is, the same people that complain about ENY are the same people that would screaming "WE NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!" if they were on the low numbered side, and were being pummeled by Pee-51's.  <shrug> 

Some people are just born to complain...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2014, 08:24:08 AM »

Latrobe,

What if the majority decided to switch to the side with bigger numbers?  Not all are looking for balance; some just want to win the war or force a map reset.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2014, 08:32:05 AM »
Latrobe,

What if the majority decided to switch to the side with bigger numbers?  Not all are looking for balance; some just want to win the war or force a map reset.

The last post that wanted change with the hour switch limit aspen suggested this.

12 hours for any side
1 hour for lower populated side

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2014, 10:29:39 AM »
P-47d11 for the win... 

Yep!  My go to AC.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2014, 12:54:47 PM »
The irony is, the same people that complain about ENY are the same people that would screaming "WE NEED TO FIX THIS!!!!" if they were on the low numbered side, and were being pummeled by Pee-51's.  <shrug> 

Some people are just born to complain...

I've stated several times in here, at least for me that would not be the case, don't lump all of us in there.

I know that I'm not alone on thid based off of what I hear almost every early morning I log in. Numerous times this has been talked about on 200 during those very high eny times, and at least those that chime in are in favor of getting rid of it, players from all 3 countries. Sure 200 may not be the prevailing opinion, no way to know. But what's really the difference? Tons of P51's when there's no ENY, if you're playing when there is high ENY, you know that there is too few players on for it to really matter, at most you'd be dealing with what 8 of them? Up from a base one removed; problem there solved. I'll just do what dirt said and up a turny bird...However, I don't think what you said will happen, least not in the early morn hours.

I'm imagine it's not going to change  - thread out  :airplane:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
I just don't get the ENY.

Again, I'm not sure what problem it solves.

I do know that it generates a bazillion complaints.

It's enabled to handicap a side that has more players....why?   :salute

Who is John Galt?

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »
I just don't get the ENY.

Again, I'm not sure what problem it solves.

I do know that it generates a bazillion complaints.

It's enabled to handicap a side that has more players....why?

1. It prevents the side that has an overwhelming advantage in numbers from flying the best planes too. This forces people that what to fly the hot planes to move to the disadvantaged side if they want to. If they don't want to change sides, they fly what's available until the sides get even numbers.

2. see #1

3. see #1

4. see #1
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."