Author Topic: ENY FLAW  (Read 3571 times)

Offline Fox

• Copper Member
Re: ENY FLAW
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2014, 09:37:09 AM »
I think the main problem with the ENY system is that it assigns a single ENY value to a plane, regardless of how the plane is loaded.  If the ENY factored in bombs, for example, then it would be possible to have ENY start restricting plane / bomb combinations without completely restricting the plane.  Why does a P51D (as an example) loaded only with 4 guns and no bombs or rockets have the same ENY as one with everything on it? 

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2014, 09:44:48 AM »
Why does a P51D (as an example) loaded only with 4 guns and no bombs or rockets have the same ENY as one with everything on it? 

Because even a 4 gun p51 doesn't need ord to be effective, and when your side is getting whooped, its nice not to have the sky filled with runstangs.

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »
Why does eny bother u guys so much? Lol. If that's the case I take a d11 but usually I don't have eny problems because I'm mostly in a 25 eny f4u-1. There are so much good planes like 38g, ki61.......the list goes on. If less spit16 and la7 flew around I personally think fights would be much more fun.                                                                      (Rud3boi)
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2014, 10:29:13 AM »
Fly a 109F or E. Problem solved.  :aok

Plenty o' perkies too!  :D

Exactly. The best fighter in game, balance-wise, has an ENY of 30. Once you get past the headrest/visibility issue, it's a damn competent furballing machine.

Meanwhile, worst case, if you're ganged, you might "lose the war". What's the problem? Is the problem here one of realism? We all know that real war is always fought at numerical parity, right?

Or is this some argument about "fairness" and wanting to always be on the winning side?
Clearly, the OP is trying to communize AH, infiltrate our way of life, and dilute our precious bodily fluids.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2014, 10:44:05 AM »

Clearly, the OP is trying to communize AH, infiltrate our way of life, and dilute our precious bodily fluids.

And that is why I only drink pure grain alcohol and rainwater.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2014, 11:20:04 AM »
And that is why I only drink pure grain alcohol and rainwater.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Now relax, there, ReVo, and make me a drink of distilled water and grain alcohol.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2014, 11:30:28 AM »

I think you have totally misread him ;)

Yap, I think you are right.

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2014, 12:50:46 PM »
I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Now relax, there, ReVo, and make me a drink of distilled water and grain alcohol.

:rofl  :cheers:
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2014, 11:49:01 PM »
Since you say I put this in the other "wrong" thread, I'll put it here for your delight as well:

It is far from a valid complaint. As I said before the wish stems from a desire to be able to club whichever side has the fewest number of defenders.

ENY exists to balance the MA when one side has substantially more players. It may not stop the horde but at least you don't have to fight Ponies, LA7's, and Spit16's while outnumbered three or four to one. The solution to all of this is to switch to a side with fewer players, then they can climb back in the 5 ENY ride of their choice.

On a side note as I said before I have been flying off and on all day, I am well aware of what happens in the MA.  

Of course you would be far better off bringing this up in the proper thread, rather then trying to derail this one because you're upset.

This was quite the proper thread for your whine, you attack me in another thread calling it a whine, I reciprocated.

You don't spend any time in the wee morning hours when there is eny any way, so how do you know? I'm there almost every day, I know, the same thing happens ever morning. Just as Bill Cosby would have said, whoever the lower side countries are almost always gang the larger country. You know how much larger? Usually by about 8-10 players (in total actually smaller,) and with that the eny difference as high as from zero on one country, to well over 25 on the other. Try it some morning, it's been happening to Knights a lot lately, I'm sure that's just lately, but that's where you fly Teacher. Come in about 5-6am EST, see what you think.

Also You really think it's necessary and without it there would be ponys and la7s all over the place when the whole MA has 30 ppl in it???   :headscratch:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2014, 11:52:22 PM »
Are you afraid of facing all 51's and La7's? Aren't you so good you're a teacher, and fly the K-4 pwn'n all these uber rides? Why would you be scared of 51s and La7s then?

I'm not, nor do I think that's what we'd see anyways.

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2014, 12:25:38 AM »
I hate to break it to you but you're not the only ones who get double teamed. I have seen every side being horded by the other two.

Paging Captain Obvious.......paging captain obvious white curtesry phone.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2014, 04:05:20 AM »
    Really beginning to feel like we're beating a dead horse on this, Cause HTC refuses to listen !

This morning is a perfect example of how the ENY is hindering the game.  I logged in to see once again the Bishops had a 25 ENY.  the problem is, while we may have had more players online, and in flight.. We were once again being double teamed by the NIT /ROOKs. a quick glance at the map would prove, not a single base on the Nit / rook front flashing, And the Bish bases being horded by both sides, with only outdated, underpowered under armed planes for us to try and put up a meager defense.   Outnumbered and ENY handicapped  :bhead

Truth and perception have always cracked me up in this game:

Perception: Nits and Rooks have a secret alliance and only fight Bish.
Truth: It is much easier to herd cats than it is to have 2 people (never mind 2 countries) to work in cohesion

Perception: They don't fight each other and horde us
Truth: I wish they would fight each other so we can horde them

Map, lay out of bases and just sparking country mates interest plays a major role in game dynamics than anything here. Has absolutely nothing to do if you are bish, nit or rook.

If I log in and see a decent dar bar at an opposing field some green dots hovering over it, I assume there is decent fights going on with the opposition being much lower in alt (perhaps trying to protect the town from troops coming in). of course I am going to up from  the nearest field and see if I can score some kills. If I see that there is all green dots and no red dar, mostly I wouldn't waste time in upping as I am sure the base is going to be taken shortly.

Double teaming is just part of the game you have to deal with. It happens on all sides but at different times. Sometimes you are the road kill and sometimes you are the 18 wheeler. Find your own fun to adapt to every situation or you will just end up frustrated.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2014, 04:25:07 AM »
Perception: Nits and Rooks have a secret alliance and only fight Bish.
Truth: It is much easier to herd cats than it is to have 2 people (never mind 2 countries) to work in cohesion

Perception: They don't fight each other and horde us
Truth: I wish they would fight each other so we can horde them

Map, lay out of bases and just sparking country mates interest plays a major role in game dynamics than anything here. Has absolutely nothing to do if you are bish, nit or rook.

:aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2014, 07:48:34 AM »
P-47d11 for the win... 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2014, 11:38:02 AM »
I think a lot of this whole thread has been misread.

ENY (plane choice) seems to only apply to where it matters in the wee/early morning US hours. When there are all of 20-50 ppl playing. There is hardly a time where I see the higher ENY side doing the hording regardless of what country it is. Although lately it's not the Rooks, but their low numbers are causing it. Take into account guys sitting in the tower, and you can have 8 guys attacking a base who have lower ENY than you, two of you up to defend but many can't fight in the planes they would like to in this situation, so others choose not to.   OH well,  :bhead  , you guys keep calling it a whine, keep saying you know better - fact is you are not there from what I've seen.

Login and see how many ppl are unhappy with it sometime, even heard one guy today say he's done after many years here...

It does not stop me, I'm not advocating to be able to horde in uber rides. I'm advocating for players who spend money to be here to be able to choose to fly the plane they like.  :bhead

Today this happened at 7:30am EST

P.S. My squad does not allow me to switch, or I would.