Author Topic: Food for thought ...  (Read 15919 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Food for thought ...
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2014, 01:52:21 PM »

Ah. You lead people in battle. Which golf course was that?  :D

All of them. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2014, 01:54:55 PM »
All of them. 

And the leadership skills you developed on 'all' those courses shows.  :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2014, 01:58:07 PM »
And the leadership skills you developed on 'all' those courses shows.  :aok

Some folks called them golf courses or country clubs and thank you!!

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »
Some folks called them golf courses or country clubs and thank you!!

Don't allude. You do that a lot. Here's your chance to take your brag full speed ahead.  :D

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2014, 02:01:39 PM »
   Again, I am fairly new player that has returned after a five year break, and would like to throw just his two cents in.....
First, I'm going to comment on the Community Forums. As I've read through several posts, to include this one, I've observed on many occasions players bashing each other over a wide range of topics, the most prevalent being style of play, and skills in ACM (or, if you are anything like me, the extreme lack  :bhead) To the ones that talk crap in the first place and start screwing with others, please first look at a few factors....First, is YOUR ACM that great to begin with? So good that you can't learn from a better player (and trust me, they are out there, weather you like to admit it or not.) Second, instead of talking a bunch of trash in these Community Forums, you could instead choose to either A. Take the B.S. to the dueling arena, and hash it out there, minus the trash talk (after all, if you plan on waxing the other guys butt, let your flying speak, why talk crap on top?) or even better, requesting a meet in the TA. Teach the other player skills. Be a teacher and leader. As one teaches the mechanics of the game, ACM, and gunnery, you just may teach respect and etiquette, and instill a sense of belonging into the community. The Community board is meant for all of us. Please don't start whining and generally showing your anus on for the whole player base to see. It makes you look like a donkey.
   And then I'd like to address the disrespect, foul play, and other behavior that is not what we as a community in general want to foster in the arenas. You get shot down, deal with it. Something happened for you to get shot down. You screwed up (started a fight from a poor position, dived into a melee, ect.) or the other guy (or gal) was the better player today. In the instance of a techno glitch, they happen. It's something that all of us deal with as players of an online game. I hate when someone gets onto 200 and just lets loose with a whiny stream of BS because something didn't go in their favor. To the guys that bail, Alt F4, or otherwise can't take getting shot down, go ahead and do whatever it is that your doing. You will learn exactly nothing, and never improve. Learn to at least attempt to fight your way out of whatever situation has been presented. As for HO tactics, again, like techno glitches, they happen. Good pilots will learn to sidestep the HO shots, come around and throw a stream of lead. I'd like to suggest again that through the game's commo system, if someone does something stupid, put the word out. Advise squaddies and countrymen. One doesn't need to get on 200 and start raising sand. As a side thought, if someone is speaking disrespectfully, regardless of channel, there is always the .squelch command. I use it on a frequent basis. When the crap talker realizes that he lost his listeners, he may just shut up. When someone gets onto the help channel asking something, if all you cant think of is to tell him "Alt+F4," or some other bull, just don't answer. Great way to run a new player off.
   In short, be respectful of your fellow players, both on the Forums and in the arena. There is nothing wrong sending a player that killed you a PM says "great shot!" or something. Don't like someone? Squelch. Someone talking to the point of screwing up the atmosphere of competition and companionable play? Report them and screen shot or record what's going on. I for one am attracted to this online world through my interest in World War Two Aircraft, and the huge base of knowledgeable players. I'm sure others may feel the same, and enjoy participating in an online world that lets you play the role of a fighter pilot, bomber pilot, ect., while in an online environment that fits your interest.
                                                                     Respectfully Submitted,
                                                                                       SwampBug  
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »
  Again, I am fairly new player that has returned after a five year break, and would like to throw just his two cents in.....
First, I'm going to comment on the Community Forums. As I've read through several posts, to include this one, I've observed on many occasions players bashing each other over a wide range of topics, the most prevalent being style of play, and skills in ACM (or, if you are anything like me, the extreme lack  :bhead) To the ones that talk crap in the first place and start screwing with others, please first look at a few factors....First, is YOUR ACM that great to begin with? So good that you can't learn from a better player (and trust me, they are out there, weather you like to admit it or not.) Second, instead of talking a bunch of trash in these Community Forums, you could instead choose to either A. Take the B.S. to the dueling arena, and hash it out there, minus the trash talk (after all, if you plan on waxing the other guys butt, let your flying speak, why talk crap on top?) or even better, requesting a meet in the TA. Teach the other player skills. Be a teacher and leader. As one teaches the mechanics of the game, ACM, and gunnery, you just may teach respect and etiquette, and instill a sense of belonging into the community. The Community board is meant for all of us. Please don't start whining and generally showing your anus on for the whole player base to see. It makes you look like a donkey.
   And then I'd like to address the disrespect, foul play, and other behavior that is not what we as a community in general want to foster in the arenas. You get shot down, deal with it. Something happened for you to get shot down. You screwed up (started a fight from a poor position, dived into a melee, ect.) or the other guy (or gal) was the better player today. In the instance of a techno glitch, they happen. It's something that all of us deal with as players of an online game. I hate when someone gets onto 200 and just lets loose with a whiny stream of BS because something didn't go in their favor. To the guys that bail, Alt F4, or otherwise can't take getting shot down, go ahead and do whatever it is that your doing. You will learn exactly nothing, and never improve. Learn to at least attempt to fight your way out of whatever situation has been presented. As for HO tactics, again, like techno glitches, they happen. Good pilots will learn to sidestep the HO shots, come around and throw a stream of lead. I'd like to suggest again that through the game's commo system, if someone does something stupid, put the word out. Advise squaddies and countrymen. One doesn't need to get on 200 and start raising sand. As a side thought, if someone is speaking disrespectfully, regardless of channel, there is always the .squelch command. I use it on a frequent basis. When the crap talker realizes that he lost his listeners, he may just shut up. When someone gets onto the help channel asking something, if all you cant think of is to tell him "Alt+F4," or some other bull, just don't answer. Great way to run a new player off.
   In short, be respectful of your fellow players, both on the Forums and in the arena. There is nothing wrong sending a player that killed you a PM says "great shot!" or something. Don't like someone? Squelch. Someone talking to the point of screwing up the atmosphere of competition and companionable play? Report them and screen shot or record what's going on. I for one am attracted to this online world through my interest in World War Two Aircraft, and the huge base of knowledgeable players. I'm sure others may feel the same, and enjoy participating in an online world that lets you play the role of a fighter pilot, bomber pilot, ect., while in an online environment that fits your interest.
                                                                     Respectfully Submitted,
                                                                                       SwampBug  

Excellent post, Swampbug.  :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Don't allude. You do that a lot. Here's your chance to take your brag full speed ahead.  :D

Like you evade.  Your bait is weak.  I talk about that with people I call friend.  That isn't you or a public BBS.  Don't project Arlo, I don't have the same needs you do

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2014, 02:18:40 PM »
Like you evade.  Your bait is weak.  I talk about that with people I call friend.  That isn't you or a public BBS.  Don't project Arlo, I don't have the same needs you do

Bait? Either your allusions have something behind them or they don't. I'm seeing don't. Maybe your friends are brave enough to share.  :D

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »
Bait? Either your allusions have something behind them or they don't. I'm seeing don't. Maybe your friends are brave enough to share.  :D

Don't get your feelings hurt.  What you do believe or don't believe isn't important to me.  You don't matter Arlo

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2014, 02:30:26 PM »
                                                                     Respectfully Submitted,
                                                                                       SwampBug  

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2014, 02:32:02 PM »
Don't get your feelings hurt.  What you do believe or don't believe isn't important to me.  You don't matter Arlo

Sure I don't. I'm not easily impressed enough to.  I'd suggest leaving said allusions to strictly those that are (as you said, no place on a public forum where not everyone buys it).  :aok

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2014, 02:37:55 PM »
Sure I don't. I'm not easily impressed enough to.  I'd suggest leaving said allusions to strictly those that are (as you said, no place on a public forum where not everyone buys it).  :aok

Your suggestions don't matter either Arlo.  Lol

Offline noobnite

• Zinc Member
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2014, 02:41:30 PM »
Oh man I could go for a table full of those crawfish, taters, and corn......a Bud Light, some music, and Id be a happy fat boy
Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »
Your suggestions don't matter either Arlo.  Lol

Meh. Heed. Don't heed. It's only 'bait' if you're a liar and can be trapped into revealing such. I'm fully prepared to concede if you can back your allusions with something concrete (to the point of never posting on this forum to or about you again - even if you don't reciprocate in turn).  :)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2014, 02:44:14 PM »
Oh man I could go for a table full of those crawfish, taters, and corn......a Bud Light, some music, and Id be a happy fat boy

You said it.  :)