Author Topic: Knights can't win!  (Read 4162 times)

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
Re: Knights can't win!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2014, 01:27:27 PM »
+1 to the above.  I like it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2014, 01:48:08 PM »
Well, we can surely agree that neither system was great. We need something to discourage vast hordes.

It could be local sector ENY auto adjustments (ENY is increased within the sector, decreasing perks gained, and increasing cost of losing perk planes or vehicles) to discourage massive attacking hordes.

I'm not a friend of this personally, because I love full red enemy darbars myself ;).   Also I wonder if it would really change anything.

It could be by perking some ordnance.

I have always been a friend of this thought and was eagerly awaiting the once promised perked ordnance system... which never happened.  :(

It could be by perk penalizing bomb and bail players.  

Too many ways to get around it. A few years ago even HT himself opened a thread about it askign for suggestions. Every 'solution' that came up was either not workign at all or had serious downsides.

It could be by greatly increasing base ack lethality and/or adding auto 88s.

Drop the radar height to 50 feet at the radar ring.

Move GV spawns closer to towns (that were part of the map's original country base allocation). That will make it harder to capture and harder to keep.

Redesign towns, dispersing buildings around the area, not just concentrated. The town should not have enough buildings to change to white flag. Make them get the outlying buildings too.

It's very likely that all of this has actually the opposite effect to what you are looking for. AH rule number 1: The tougher the nut, the bigger the hammer.
We once had much less ack, smaller towns that were easier to capture, much higher dar altitudes. Did the hordes got any smaller or rarer since all of the above got more severe/difficult/restrictive? Certainly not.
Each additional restrictive measure that requires more effort is usually being answered by even greater numbers (and more aggressive tactices like almost mandatory killing of all hangars).

One thing I would like to see is turning on friendly collisions while airborne. Be careful how you take off, because once the wheels come off the ground, collisions can occur. This will result in much slower massing of hordes, and lots of deaths in the process (until players get smarter).

I totally abhor the thought of friendly collisions in the MA. It opens the gates for massive grieving abuse and chaos. Unless I know (and trust a player well), I would have to treat any plane with a green icon like a potential enemy, because he could simply slam his ride into mine because he doesn't like me (or what I'm doing), or because he's new and can't control his plane, or just for the lulz. What does work in SEA because of structure, control and trust doesn't necessarily work in the rather anonymous, uncontrolled and chaotic MA.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:50:34 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2014, 02:02:54 PM »
I was busy fighting 2 other people when you got a lucky hit on me, just a bomb**** bragging about shooting down a fighter, you should try it more often.

My apologies for participating in the e peen contest, just couldn't pass the chance to call out a noob.

Wow... Widewing is making a bunch of them mad this week. As I said in another thread, Widewing is one of the nicest guys you'll meet within Aces High. What gives him credibility is the fact he is one of the most knowledgeable regarding historical aviation within the Aces High community and even beyond.

That said, I'll put my money on Widewing in the duel.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2014, 02:23:39 PM »
Well, we can surely agree that neither system was great. We need something to discourage vast hordes.

It could be local sector ENY auto adjustments (ENY is increased within the sector, decreasing perks gained, and increasing cost of losing perk planes or vehicles) to discourage massive attacking hordes.

It could be by perking some ordnance.

It could be by perk penalizing bomb and bail players.

It could be by greatly increasing base ack lethality and/or adding auto 88s.

Drop the radar height to 50 feet at the radar ring.

Move GV spawns closer to towns (that were part of the map's original country base allocation). That will make it harder to capture and harder to keep.

Redesign towns, dispersing buildings around the area, not just concentrated. The town should not have enough buildings to change to white flag. Make them get the outlying buildings too.

One thing I would like to see is turning on friendly collisions while airborne. Be careful how you take off, because once the wheels come off the ground, collisions can occur. This will result in much slower massing of hordes, and lots of deaths in the process (until players get smarter).

Surely, there is some way or ways to make horde flying far less profitable, and encourage creative solutions to base capture rather than just mass attack.

Here is a link to an idea I had a few weeks back. Take from it what you like.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,360194.0.html

I agree that something needs to change. I think having multiple ways of winning the war or capturing a base, would be beneficial.  Maybe for 'auto 88s' if more than X enemy are within the radar ring then the ack doubles or triples.   I don't really know a way that would work 100%, which is why I suggested having multiple 'mini' ways of winning the war, or capturing a base.

:cheers:
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »

Wow... Widewing is making a bunch of them mad this week. As I said in another thread, Widewing is one of the nicest guys you'll meet within Aces High. What gives him credibility is the fact he is one of the most knowledgeable regarding historical aviation within the Aces High community and even beyond.

+1

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2014, 02:29:04 PM »
Our NOE was spotted by a 262 that came from 2 sectors away nose on the whole time, also, I was busy fighting 2 other people when you got a lucky hit on me, just a bomb**** bragging about shooting down a fighter, you should try it more often.

:rofl  N00bs...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2014, 02:29:06 PM »
Lol I would certainly DA you in any plane buddy. Just tell me the time.

Btw, if you think my 5 to 1 kd sucks, then look at your self, ALL you do is bomb****, the only easy way to get kills. Next time I meet your a20 I won't have an f4u and a P51 on my six as well.

*A quick look at your score and almost all your kills are in A20, Wirblewind, and ship gunner... I lolled.*

My apologies for participating in the e peen contest, just couldn't pass the chance to call out a noob.

If you think WW is a noob you are clueless.  :lol

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2014, 02:58:59 PM »

I said nothing to him, and he felt the need to tell me he is better because he picked me while I was fighting someone else.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2014, 03:07:53 PM »
I said nothing to him, and he felt the need to tell me he is better because he picked me while I was fighting someone else.

" ... just couldn't pass the chance to call out a noob"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:36 PM »
" ... just couldn't pass the chance to call out a noob"

Someone bragging about shooting down a fighter, when their score shows gv kills only... was I unreasonable to assume all he does is bomb gvs and got a lucky hit?

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2014, 03:38:47 PM »
. was I unreasonable to assume all he does is bomb gvs and got a lucky hit?

Yes, because you only did look at a single score card of a tour only a few days old.
He's been playing for many, many years ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2014, 03:47:41 PM »
Yes, because you only did look at a single score card of a tour only a few days old.
He's been playing for many, many years ;)

Ok, my apologies then and maybe he can show me I'm wrong.  :salute

HiTech

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2014, 03:58:01 PM »
The war is not being won by an epic push to Berlin, but by doing a massive surprise raid on a remote Norwegian fishing village.

They're after the Lutefiske.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »
Widewing, in light of all the angst you have put up with this week, I hope you don't mind if I start carrying eggs on my P38. I'll call it the 'Widewing Principle' and post the complaints on the forums for you.   :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 04:01:56 PM »
Guys... shut up play the game.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"