Author Topic: This game is dead unless things change  (Read 9397 times)

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: This game is dead unless things change
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2014, 09:28:54 AM »
It's hard to tell who is new and who is not these days...the griefers have been given the ability to change there name at will. Cause they  :cry ed

Should be 1 acct 1 name...then we could more easily tell when a noob is on.

As it stands CanOCorn and CanOBeans might not be the same person.

But... I digress,

I agree. While we're at it we could implement fingerprinting and random cavity searches.
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »
FORK:

:aok all of these.  Some of the best advice you will get.  Don't give up on the game.  Take a break if need be. 

Look beyond the silliness and you will find it's a great game.

Most of the players who appear to be jerks are really pretty decent people.  Some players just allow themselves to get caught up in the competition or temporarily lose control of their emotions.   The number of actual jerks is very, very, very small....but that's something you will realize only by giving the game more time.

I apologise :cry
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Megalodon

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2014, 09:30:18 AM »
I agree. While we're at it we could implement fingerprinting and random cavity searches.

If you  :cry loud enough  :aok
Okay..Add 2 Country's at once, Australia and France next plane update Add ...CAC Boomerang and the Dewoitine D.520

Offline ReVo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2014, 09:31:58 AM »
If you  :cry loud enough  :aok

Perhaps DNA testing with the requirement that you send a sample before your account becomes active?
XO Jagdgeschwader 53 'Pik As'

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2014, 11:04:41 AM »
I apologise :cry

Fork:

That reminds me...while you are at it...be sure to avoid Zack.  Zack is one of the biggest jerks in the game.  I take that back...he's the BIGGEST! 

Ignore him and watch out for pie theft. 

:D :bolt:

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »
Had a real good long rant worked up...but the game is dying so it doesn't matter...Fork2 I've seen you around and offered you help...what you are saying is terrible...and I feel for you...come fly with our squad we will show you how to deal with the riff raff of AH...or just come check out FSO with us...don't give up because of people like (insert name here) run their mouths 24/7...chit talking is the nature of the beast....you either let it go or go off...letting it not bother you is a virtue that most do not have....  :salute
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2014, 11:39:12 AM »
...don't give up because of people like (insert name here) run their mouths 24/7...chit talking is the nature of the beast....you either let it go or go off...letting it not bother you is a virtue that most do not have....  :salute
Don`t want to encourage rude behaviour, but I for one am a great fan of receiving genuine raging private messages that come from the hart after I shoot somebody down. The sad part of this game is that seemingly nice people like Fork2 who would like to fly in a friendly environment get all the name calling. During the last 8 months or so playing I have had only 5 or so rude pm-s and I have used the ack to clear my 6 more than once. I am not on channel 200, but most of the stuff posted there is pointless anyway.

"Come back you lousy excuse of a fighter pilot", "Crappy pilot", "FU", "Thinking of visiting you on my next summer vacation sissy girl"  :lol
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
I think part of the problem here is neutral or positive responses get ignored while the negative ones get a lot of attention. 200 and here.

In game I've got far far more positive PMs from other players than negative ones, an most of the negative ones are from a small minority who have a reputation for it.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2014, 12:21:39 PM »
The only complains I currently have are;

1. Maps are often too big for the current player base on them.  

A. From what I've seen many of the larger maps lead to stale gameplay, particularly when the center area between all the countries is captured.
         B. The current numbers on line, particularly in the off hours can't fill the larger maps.

2. There is no need to hang around after you take a base.

A. It is fun taking off and going towards the biggest red dar on the map.
         B. Unfortunately, if they take the base when you're on route, they entire mission can be landed and gone across the map within 3 minutes.
         C. It would be better if the flag stayed white regardless of resupply, ack didn't go up instantly, the field was a neutral field (ie they couldn't land on it) and this period of vulnerability lasted about 15-20 minutes.
         D. If C was implemented, I would recommend making field captures easier through a lower number of buildings needing to be destroyed. This would have the side effect of decreasing the size of missions as well.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:25:10 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2014, 12:25:53 PM »
I think part of the problem here is neutral or positive responses get ignored while the negative ones get a lot of attention. 200 and here.

In game I've got far far more positive PMs from other players than negative ones, an most of the negative ones are from a small minority who have a reputation for it.

Definitely. In the last months I've only gotten one hateful message (you know who you are  :neener:), but I've had plenty of positive PM exchanges. When I have a particularly nice fight with someone I'ts nice to receive a salute and PM afterwards.  :salute

...and yes, I too am guilty of cleaning my tail with the ack...some weeks ago a P-51 was chasing my mossie and I made him run through our CV. I felt so dirty afterwards... :cry
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline matt

• Silver Member
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2014, 12:47:20 PM »
Yes, I understand. Give the game time. I have. Two weeks, which I believe was enough. Why pay for a game that turns me off? But, I got the free stick for two months sub so I guess i'm here for another 6 weeks.

BTW I think Coogan was just joking.

Perhaps I was hasty in my judgement on SOME things but not all. I appreciate the feedback.

I do know the numbers are falling and I will try to do more. I think I'll try out some of the other features.

One last point, none of my ideas need be implemented or even listened too, but, I hope I have raised awareness and hopefully there will be a more welcoming tone from the old timers. When there are only 25 people on a side and you can't get an answer on anything from anyone, you know after three days, relationships are set. To new people you're acting like you  DO NOT WANT them to know anything so they can't compete with you. And that's pretty sad for a competitive game play...In the end, whether you like it or not, you're just running off people to feel special.
This is the bestww2 flight sim out takes alot longer than 2weeks or even 4 months to learn all there is to know depends on how much time you invest, find a few squads to fly with they'll be happy to help to out. :rock

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #101 on: April 10, 2014, 01:02:47 PM »
The game  has a large learning curve for new players you simply cant learn everything in 2 weeks infact very few players come in and climb to the top within 2 years i can remember when i was a noob this was the very first game i ever played online i saw it on military channel back in 2008 i was 17 at the time and gave it a try i was always a playstation hero lol i came here thinking i was gonna learn this game as fast as i could playstation games and no that is not the case for 3 years i let my ego play the game for me and did not learn much other then i was getting my arse handed to me every sortie i then settled down and started flying for fun and taking time to fly with veteran pilots that showed me how to fly and i am very thankful for that considering i was an ego type player. i have played many games online and yet aces high is still the one you cant just learn in a set time i still learn things everytime i play even after a few years of playing that is what is cool to me many other games you can be good and at the top within a month or less but not aces high and thats what keeps me here is the difficulty and the love for WW2 fighters. Fork its a very rough game on new players and will take alot of time to learn sir thank you for your service and if you see me in game and need help please ask sir i will be glad to help you if i can. my name is Biggamer ingame as well  :salute . sorry for the wall of text
G3-MF

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: April 10, 2014, 01:18:24 PM »
This game is hard there is no beating around the bush....the difficulty and thrill of the fight and my love for WWII fighters keeps me here too....you have to have patience and lots of it to play this game...its not for the faint of heart...its not for those who's feelings get hurt easily...its not for people who get all bent out of shape when they fail....it takes time, money and lots of patience...many of these people don't have
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: April 10, 2014, 01:37:53 PM »
Fork, "endeavor to persevere"! :aok

As everyone has mentioned already, this game as a STEEP learning curve, been at it just over 2 years now and I'm still amazed at what I don't know. But I haven't found any game online or on the game machines that compare to this. I enjoy every aspect of it, the aircraft, the tanks, the strategy, tactics and the other players. While the game does have its elite, whiners and know it all's, for the most part players are friendly and supportive, or at least in your "country". :D

While I'm not as knowledgeable as most here in the forum, if you catch me online and I can help feel free to ask, I will be more than happy to share what I know. :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2014, 01:39:18 PM »
Fork, if i am on I will be more than willing to share my limited knowledge. Flying name is Ted, easy enough to remember. I have even offered advice to people i have shot down, for example a  new guy the otherr day was in an energy fighter and i in a spit. He tried to turn with me died. I told him, next time fight the fight your plane was designed for, you could quickly outrun me, get alt come back and work me from above.
Like most players i want a good fight, it is there where i learn. Yes i hate the ones who fly around at angel 20 and kill wounded birds to make their score better and ho'rs i come to expect that now.
You advive was good and the tone of it (spirit) well in keeping with constructive criticism.

My idea... shut down 200!!! why do we need to talk with the enemy anyway. We can always PM and of course .s   That would kill a lot of the negativity Fork mentioned. Yes I have and do spout on 200, out of frustration mostly. If it wasn't available I wouldn't be able to do that lol.
Good luck fork... and if you see me online, stop by and say hi! Ill wing with you. Respect for your service!
"Harden The F_ck Up”