Author Topic: Shoot the guy down and no kill  (Read 501 times)

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
Shoot the guy down and no kill
« on: April 13, 2014, 01:01:47 AM »
Had this happen several times just tonight. I shot the wing off of a lanc, he continues flying and then the whole formation disappears, no kill. Shot down a brewster tonight took his wing off he lands on the beach far from his base and no kill.

Had this happen a couple of weeks ago where I shot a guy down he crashes into the water far from his base and no kill.

So what's causing this?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Re: Shoot the guy down and no kill
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 01:29:23 AM »
 Time for a new pc? :P

~AoM~

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:33:03 AM »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 09:12:32 AM »
Had this happen several times just tonight. I shot the wing off of a lanc, he continues flying and then the whole formation disappears, no kill.

Could have been a disco in progress he was already discoed so you didn't shoot anything down.

Shot down a brewster tonight took his wing off he lands on the beach far from his base and no kill.

if he was closer to a friendly base than an enemy base he gets a ditch. Doesn't matter how far from a friendly base, as long as its closer than an enemy base.

Had this happen a couple of weeks ago where I shot a guy down he crashes into the water far from his base and no kill.

So what's causing this?

Same as above, as long as he is closer to a friendly base than an enemy base it's a ditch.

Offline Acidrain

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
because in AH shooting an aircraft and causing it to crash does not always mean you shot it down  :headscratch:

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »
Its pretty easy to exploit the kill award system.  I have lit up guys without landing a killing blow (wing or tail gone) and just let someone else waste ammo finishing them off and I still get the kill.  Doesn't make sense at all, but it is what it is... countless times I've de-winged aircraft that are completely undamaged, manuevering as normal. and only received an assist.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 09:50:39 PM »
Could have been a disco in progress he was already discoed so you didn't shoot anything down.

if he was closer to a friendly base than an enemy base he gets a ditch. Doesn't matter how far from a friendly base, as long as its closer than an enemy base.

Same as above, as long as he is closer to a friendly base than an enemy base it's a ditch.

That's why I didn't go around pointing fingers. Thought it use to be if they were beside a base and not that far out.