Author Topic: External Views for Fighters in MA  (Read 3531 times)

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
Re: External Views for Fighters in MA
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 06:58:42 PM »
Not cool, dude....even in jest.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 07:10:53 PM »
It would not help in a 1v1... hence my last post..

I'd bet a majority of good 1v1r's would back me on this.. Take 2 even opponents.. force one to fly F3.. they will not be even any longer.. The F3 guy will lose majority.. I'm not saying one couldn't learn to do well in F3 mode.. I'm just saying prolly more that 98% of the crowd I'm referring to wouldn't bother.. In F3 view they would lose all feelings of timing, position, and angles..
Not fly F3 mode solely! I think that you could rig a button for a snap shot view from front to rear... see through the seat back that way, the whole tail for that matter. No need to side slip and waste E. Snapshot when con passes under u, again, retain your E with no aircraft movement. Also trac-ir seems to have a blind spot just aft of straight up, again a possible snapshot for a cure.
I don't bother with it (DA), was just wondering why on more that one occasion, while a vulcher is circling from a nearby base, with no one else around, the DA challenge goes up. I by no means know much about 1v1 in the DA, just curious why even have it at all (in any arena), for fighters in the air. It's there for a reason!!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 07:14:59 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:21:39 AM by Skuzzy »
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2014, 07:15:36 PM »
I am done with this, it degenerated... peace out. I won't be back
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Hoplite

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2014, 07:17:51 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:21:55 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:22:07 AM by Skuzzy »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:57 PM »
It would not help in a 1v1... hence my last post..

I'd bet a majority of good 1v1r's would back me on this.. Take 2 even opponents.. force one to fly F3.. they will not be even any longer.. The F3 guy will lose majority.. I'm not saying one couldn't learn to do well in F3 mode.. I'm just saying prolly more that 98% of the crowd I'm referring to wouldn't bother.. In F3 view they would lose all feelings of timing, position, and angles..

You or I would, because every trained instinct we have is orientating the fight from inside the cockpit. Someone accustomed to using F3, I am not so sure this is true. Of course, they would be lost themselves as soon as they were forced into a locked cockpit.

I've done the base defense with buff things a bit, and it seems to me like F3 has some potentials that just don't exist in a locked cockpit such as 1. Being able to simply "fly around" where their nose is aiming for gun defense in a manner difficult or impossible from the cockpit. (Difficult one to explain clearly, but a lot of guns defense in the furball lake in fighters certainly consists of exactly this) 2. Being able to track EXACTLY where they go during an overshoot, even if it would be in a "blind spot" from a locked cockpit view 3. Being able to keep sight of the bandit even when they are in cold-side lag/low six positions-this is what makes #1 possible, and 3. Being able to keep sight of both the bandit and the tracer stream in extreme blind-lead shots.

So, no external views for the MA, and I don't really see why they exist in the DA.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 08:53:08 PM by BnZs »
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2014, 02:31:41 AM »
-1 to this wish.

Should be removed from Da also
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2014, 06:18:58 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:22:25 AM by Skuzzy »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2014, 07:18:44 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:22:34 AM by Skuzzy »
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:02 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:22:45 AM by Skuzzy »
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2014, 05:41:20 PM »
Hi Cashew,

I did for six months, but I just came back to fly FSO mostly with a little practice time in the MA :aok

No more Rough Puppies though :bolt:
You should find me man. Miss my old friend!!!  :salute
Peanut1 in game.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2014, 06:25:21 PM »
Not fly F3 mode solely! I think that you could rig a button for a snap shot view from front to rear... see through the seat back that way, the whole tail for that matter. No need to side slip and waste E. Snapshot when con passes under u, again, retain your E with no aircraft movement. Also trac-ir seems to have a blind spot just aft of straight up, again a possible snapshot for a cure.

I'll just say imo I don't believe one would have time/need to switch to F3 to ck6 in a 1v1.. In reality, if you're looking for the opponent in blind spots on your 6, you're already dead...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2014, 06:34:13 PM »
You or I would, because every trained instinct we have is orientating the fight from inside the cockpit. Someone accustomed to using F3, I am not so sure this is true. Of course, they would be lost themselves as soon as they were forced into a locked cockpit.

I've done the base defense with buff things a bit, and it seems to me like F3 has some potentials that just don't exist in a locked cockpit such as 1. Being able to simply "fly around" where their nose is aiming for gun defense in a manner difficult or impossible from the cockpit. (Difficult one to explain clearly, but a lot of guns defense in the furball lake in fighters certainly consists of exactly this) 2. Being able to track EXACTLY where they go during an overshoot, even if it would be in a "blind spot" from a locked cockpit view 3. Being able to keep sight of the bandit even when they are in cold-side lag/low six positions-this is what makes #1 possible, and 3. Being able to keep sight of both the bandit and the tracer stream in extreme blind-lead shots.

So, no external views for the MA, and I don't really see why they exist in the DA.

Yea, i use f3 in bombers for sure.. For instance an A20.. I'll use F3 to see someone coming up behind but the second I start to maneuver I'm back in the cockpit just for proper orientation..

Don't misunderstand me, F3 could be a learned ability.. My only point is the better 1v1r's wouldn't bother and it would end up being a negative if they tried.. The cockpit guy will win majority.. I guess we could find whomever thinks they are the best F3 dueler and we'll find who the best cockpit dueler is.. Sunsfan at the moment.. Let'em go at it and see how it falls.. lol

Maybe I was taking a poke at the non-dueling nancys that cry F3 a little too.. 8)
- TWBYDHAS

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2014, 08:40:32 PM »
I'll just say imo I don't believe one would have time/need to switch to F3 to ck6 in a 1v1.. In reality, if you're looking for the opponent in blind spots on your 6, you're already dead...

Haven't caught all of this conversation, but with macros you don't need any extra time. You could program an f3 macro to a single key that checked six in f3 and goes right back to f1 when you release.

As for f3 being an advantage or not, it is! The reason most can't see/understand that is because of comparative pilot skill levels. I know of a couple of fairly talented F3 sticks that did/do fly the DA, When I have found them in the MA, their skill level is noticeably less.

F3 has no place in the MA except for bombers. Don't care for it in the DA either.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod