Author Topic: HE kills from tanks main guns shooting into ground  (Read 4274 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
HE kills from tanks main guns shooting into ground
« on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:48 PM »
Tanks killing planes by shooting HE into the ground, filmed one today, maybe its lag on my part but looking back at the film I am more than 220 odd feet away from the explosion and traveling at 257 mph away from the blast? Anyone else think this is quite gamey?

Heres a link to the film

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=361289.0;attach=19110

When I die is about half a sec later, I am 120 odd feet away from the site of the blast and travelling at 257 odd mph away from the blast? Seems odd to me that this can be so effective, anyone know the mechanics of this?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: HE kills from tanks main guns shooting into ground
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »
That Stuka doesnt shoot HE.

Just watched it. A perfect hit to the weakest part of the T34 with a special anti-armor shell the Germans equipped that Stuka model with. Ive blown up plenty of T34s hitting that rear engine hatch.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 01:50:24 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 01:52:42 PM »
That Stuka doesnt shoot HE.

Just watched it. A perfect hit to the weakest part of the T34 with a special anti-armor shell the Germans equipped that Stuka model with. Ive blown up plenty of T34s hitting that rear engine hatch.

:headscratch:

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 02:00:01 PM »
T34s do that phaggotry all the time. It's one of the things that is so off putting in AH.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 02:13:27 PM »
T34s do that phaggotry all the time. It's one of the things that is so off putting in AH.

Hes shooting into the ground hes actually nowhere near shooting my actual plane? What kind of destructive range do these shells have?

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 02:15:37 PM »
:headscratch:

http://books.google.com/books?id=ayoncdaxYkQC&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=stuka+anti+tank+shell&source=bl&ots=rQMSklLwYO&sig=nym-mqV2XLQZyVKi0JyIjdFiMlY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=S9ZOU4PcLZKNyATq6YKYBQ&ved=0CH4Q6AEwCw#v=onepage&q=stuka%20anti%20tank%20shell&f=false

Hes shooting into the ground hes actually nowhere near shooting my actual plane? What kind of destructive range do these shells have?
Your saying he shot you down by shooting into the ground with an HE shell? At no time in the film do I see your plane going down, or even him shooting.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:18:03 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 02:35:00 PM »

SMAG Shells, otherwise known as;

Sooper Mega Awsum Gheyness Shells
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 03:02:46 PM »
http://books.google.com/books?id=ayoncdaxYkQC&pg=PA178&lpg=PA178&dq=stuka+anti+tank+shell&source=bl&ots=rQMSklLwYO&sig=nym-mqV2XLQZyVKi0JyIjdFiMlY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=S9ZOU4PcLZKNyATq6YKYBQ&ved=0CH4Q6AEwCw#v=onepage&q=stuka%20anti%20tank%20shell&f=false

Your saying he shot you down by shooting into the ground with an HE shell? At no time in the film do I see your plane going down, or even him shooting.

Using the film viewer pause and then slow the film down now go to external and look were he is acually shooting and play it.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 03:15:34 PM »
Interesting, that kills a plane but not even an M3 or M8 when the round is put just as close. Blast radius is more out than up. 

I'd imagine this is a bug you've uncovered, unless you are <~30ft off the ground. Furthermore, the round's explosion appears to be behind you, of course on his FE you could be closer to the blast. What was your alt?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »
In the defense, a plane's skin isn't proof against a butter knife, while an M3 is supposed to be armored against infantry weapons fire and shell fragments, and the M8 has the armor of an actual tank, albeit an EW light tank.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 03:32:39 PM »
Interesting, that kills a plane but not even an M3 or M8 when the round is put just as close. Blast radius is more out than up.  

You can't judge by the victim's film how close the plane was to the round going off. You need to see the shooter's film, as it's his FE on which a 'hit' is determined. The inherent lag means you see the tank shoot later than he actually did.
Just as on many of my films enemy bullets strike empty space behind my plane, yet I am hit. That's not a result of a bug, that's just the effect of combined lag.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 03:36:36 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 03:35:41 PM »
Tanks killing planes by shooting HE into the ground, filmed one today, maybe its lag on my part but looking back at the film I am more than 220 odd feet away from the explosion and traveling at 257 mph away from the blast? Anyone else think this is quite gamey?

Heres a link to the film

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=361289.0;attach=19110

(Image removed from quote.)

When I die is about half a sec later, I am 120 odd feet away from the site of the blast and travelling at 257 odd mph away from the blast? Seems odd to me that this can be so effective, anyone know the mechanics of this?

Reminds me of the collision model in a way.  He probably seen you much closer to the round than you seen yourself.  Explaining why he got the kill and you got the "WTF" moment. 
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 03:41:33 PM »
Reminds me of the collision model in a way.  He probably seen you much closer to the round than you seen yourself.  Explaining why he got the kill and you got the "WTF" moment. 

I actually thought he had reverse gunned me IV is a decent enough shot, I have seen other guys doing this HE thing but never actually filmed it.

Does anyone know how its modelled the blast? I have never heard of people doing this in RL except maybe for Bismarck shooting its main guns into the sea against the swordfish bombers.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 03:45:29 PM »
I'm aware it's on an opponent's FE that hit/kill is determined. That's why I wrote 'the round's explosion appears to be behind you, of course on his FE you could be closer to the blast...'

What is at issue to me is Pervert's alt. What would be the maximum effective range in altitude (upward blast) of the T34 (85mm, ircc) HE shell be? If for example it is 30ft (upward) and Pervert was at 31ft, then...

They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 04:00:05 PM »
I'm aware it's on an opponent's FE that hit/kill is determined. That's why I wrote 'the round's explosion appears to be behind you, of course on his FE you could be closer to the blast...'

What is at issue to me is Pervert's alt. What would be the maximum effective range in altitude (upward blast) of the T34 (85mm, ircc) HE shell be? If for example it is 30ft (upward) and Pervert was at 31ft, then...

Thats even if dispersion is modeled at all on HE, knowing AH it will be a box of some sort, I kinda wondered the same when I was being bombed in a GV guys were missing me by miles with the bombs and I still got blown up  :headscratch: