Author Topic: two sides  (Read 2498 times)

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: two sides
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2014, 12:37:24 PM »
We have captured fields by deacking to preserve the hangers but it is a low percentage chance capture.

You de-acked the base but left the FH up, yet that had nothing to do with vulching?  I call "shenanigans".
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2014, 02:46:52 PM »
Without control of the air every base take is low percentage.  You can not completely control the air without A: killing all planes with E. B: Destroying the vh, gvs and or all AA ack guns. C. having a horde of skilled players to control the enemy. D: Destroying the hangers.  You can see, the needed traits are, killing planes, bombing objects, and destroying guns.  Throw in a time limit and coordination becomes critical.

Unfortunately Knights lack in the coordination aspect.  More or less a team of dysfunctional individuals with a strong dose of self righteousness.

:salute
 :airplane:

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2014, 04:56:50 PM »
 Most of you know I've been around for awhile,seems to me there's always been only 2 sides or teams if you will!

The green guys against the red guys......

Maybe the answer isnt to change the amount of teams but maybe use smaller maps when the numbers are lower. Once a certain threshold is met an arena announcement would popup "do to lower numbers the map will change".

Sounds simple but I suspect that it would generate as many whines when whatever team was leading has to start all over to win the map..... :rolleyes:

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2014, 03:29:33 AM »
Morf is awesome :)

And a very nice man :old:

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 06:13:24 AM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2014, 03:35:09 AM »
I like the idea of 2 sides! We can call them "The Horde" and "The Fighters". If you like ganging up on 1 plane and fighting over the kill then you can fly on The Horde. If you enjoy fighting and killing everything red then you can fly on The Fighters! I expect the ratio of numbers to be somewhere in the 10 to 1 in favor of the Horde. Sounds like a TON of FUN to me!!!!!  :x :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2014, 02:58:33 PM »
 Zack make great pies but cant hold on to a drumstick when he's turning Japanese.... :D

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2014, 03:52:45 PM »
I like the idea of 2 sides! We can call them "The Horde" and "The Fighters". If you like ganging up on 1 plane and fighting over the kill then you can fly on The Horde. If you enjoy fighting and killing everything red then you can fly on The Fighters! I expect the ratio of numbers to be somewhere in the 10 to 1 in favor of the Horde. Sounds like a TON of FUN to me!!!!!  :x :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Or how about the Muppets vs everybody else!  With the lineup the Muppets have it would probably be a balanced fight :cheers:
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »
it's OK when you're in a three way.............  :x
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2014, 04:27:42 PM »

the fighter side would be most definitely the way to go  :aok
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »

This would be bad IMO.

2 countries would not work to improve play. I think "humans being humans" it would encourage "like minded folks" to gravitate to the same side. Imagine all the "good players or experienced, anti horde" ones on one side and all the lesser experienced, new and base takers on the other. One generally considered the "elite side" being less inviting to new folks and very "anti horde" and crammed full of "lone wolves". The other side clearly being more inviting to new folks and embracing a "work together attitude". This would create 'as experience increases" a natural exodus from one to the other and never the opposite.

This would be terrible and would guarantee stagnation.

The experienced side would have a field day, for a while. Until they got bored as hell, and they would get bored as hell.
 The less experienced player would get discouraged or just gravitate to the other side, and without a reasonable switch time you would have the same problem as now.

I always thought there was one of 2 ways to improve the play for all.

#1 - bring the "base takers/new folks" up to the standard and experience of the more experienced. Ha we all no this is not possible as improvement comes in it's own good time.

#2 - Find some way to get the experienced to "buy in" enthusiastically to the 'WAR". This one is more possible imho. But the way bases are taken and how the "war" progresses now doesn't do this.
     The 'war" needs to foment interest from the experienced 1st, then through they're excitement the others will follow and emulate.

Otherwise, reduce switch time to 1 hour and all will balance itself!

$.02

JUGgler
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:05:46 AM by JUGgler »
Army of Muppets

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 11:12:41 AM »
Radar VH Ack :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Online JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
See rule 14.  :D
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2014, 12:05:32 PM »
Hordes vs Fighters?  Never work unless the names are reverse phycology.   80% would sign up to fly as a "Fighter" ignoring the fact that now they are the horde.  Many have a hard time seeing in themselves the same behavior they find unacceptable in others.

The ones that do want to be outnumbered would have to fly labeled as the Horde.
AMAX  in game

Offline blutic

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2014, 08:25:47 PM »
We could call the 2 sides "Knighish and Knighooks"  :lol
This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.—Dwight Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »
Well last night Rooks were watching grass grow as there was NO action. 

The Bish and Nits were going for it so I upped a 262 and helped defend a Bish field and defended a set of Bish Lancs from the hethan Nits lol .. was the only source of entertainment I could find at the time.  The Lanc peelot had probably thought all his christmas' had come at once.
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7