Author Topic: two sides  (Read 2536 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: two sides
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2014, 07:12:36 PM »
It might help with the problem of finding a fight.  Last night about midnight CDT the Rooks and Bish had a nice furball going and I looked over in Nitland and they had no dar-bars on either border - nothing.  If you were a Nit and had already used your switch earlier in the evening you had nothing to do except watch the grass grow.  I actually felt sorry for them.  I would get shot down 15 minutes later and look again and still nothing in Nitland - not good for the game.

Many knights prefer to play on the ground.  :old:

That or they were so wore out from three dar bar horde against a lightly defended bish small air field a few hour earlier while the rooks were working us over.  :bhead

This is what happens when people follow ignorant fighter pilots in obscure easy mode ball bashings.  :old:

This scourge will take many years to overcome.  :uhoh
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 07:20:29 PM by NatCigg »

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2014, 07:16:58 PM »
Because that makes game play worse instead of better?
Trolled  :rofl
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2014, 07:37:53 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if the knights have all the 30 guys Hitech says are on really old machines that won't handle Shader 3.0. And because of that, they GV ALL the time no matter how much extra hands in the air are needed.

On the other hand, knights lately seem to be convinced they can take bases with GV's and that Aces High is no longer an air combat game. While this takes place, the bish and rook simply fly 4 boxes of lancs over their spawned from field, run some jabo in to clean up, and drop troops. Then move on to the next knight field capture. And about the same 20 knights are immobile in their tanks plinking away at one or two uppers. Who's whole purpose is to hold them there while planes capture their home field behind them.

The only difference between when knights actually drive bombers over a field they want to capture and the bish or rook. The knights show up one box at a time taking down the field and town out of sequence, while the bish\rook show up with 3-4 boxes at the same time and drop the whole place in 1-2 passes. Jabo clean up and troops are dropped. If the attack fails, it's because of the few knights left who still fly along with wirbels.

Except for a few nights a week, knight land has devolved into WoT.

In Aces High, if you want to express force, send airplanes. If you want to loose your fields and watch another country win the map. Sit in tanks and try to use them for everything you once used a bomber and jabo for. And if you want to quickly take bases, send a minimum of 4 lanc boxes at the same time to shut everything down.

Today the knights are happy to sit in tanks and fiddle while their Rome burns down around them.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2014, 07:40:43 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if the knights have all the 30 guys Hitech says are on really old machines that won't handle Shader 3.0. And because of that, they GV ALL the time no matter how much extra hands in the air are needed.

On the other hand, knights lately seem to be convinced they can take bases with GV's and that Aces High is no longer an air combat game. While this takes place, the bish and rook simply fly 4 boxes of lancs over their spawned from field, run some jabo in to clean up, and drop troops. Then move on to the next knight field capture. And about the same 20 knights are immobile in their tanks plinking away at one or two uppers. Who's whole purpose is to hold them there while planes capture their home field behind them.

The only difference between when knights actually drive bombers over a field they want to capture and the bish or rook. The knights show up one box at a time taking down the field and town out of sequence, while the bish\rook show up with 3-4 boxes at the same time and drop the whole place in 1-2 passes. Jabo clean up and troops are dropped. If the attack fails, it's because of the few knights left who still fly along with wirbels.

In Aces High, if you want to express force, send airplanes. If you want to loose your fields and watch another country win the map. Sit in tanks and try to use them for everything you once used a bomber and jabo for. And if you want to quickly take bases, send a minimum of 4 lanc boxes at the same time to shut everything down.

Today the knights are happy to sit in tanks and fiddle while their Rome burns down around them.

:lol ...  :rofl ...  :aok

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2014, 09:00:57 PM »

Horrifyingly true :eek:

Also, whatever you do, do not, and I mean DO NOT deack the field.
i flew around tonight amongst probably the highest knight concentration i have seen in months, I was hitting acks whilst 15 guys tried to kill enemy planes amidst a barrage of ack ack :bhead
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2014, 09:26:25 PM »
Horrifyingly true :eek:

Also, whatever you do, do not, and I mean DO NOT deack the field.
i flew around tonight amongst probably the highest knight concentration i have seen in months, I was hitting acks whilst 15 guys tried to kill enemy planes amidst a barrage of ack ack :bhead

So, you are bashing people for vulching where there is a chance they might get shot at too?  The nerve of those guys not being complete eunuchs and de-acking first!  :furious
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 09:30:12 PM »
So, you are bashing people for vulching where there is a chance they might get shot at too?  The nerve of those guys not being complete eunuchs and de-acking first!  :furious

Seriously, wtf are you drooling about? If you want to take a field, de ack the damn thing first, then the defenders don't fly in little circles whislt you get torn to shreds, Bish and Rook seem to have worked this out, they hit the dar, ack and vh's, then the fh's and bh's, field is shut down, troops in  :banana:

Not entirely sure what your issue is Caldera, not had your rusks yet? :uhoh
The GFC

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 09:32:50 PM »
I thought if you wanted to take a base, you have to destroy the town.  My mistake.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
I thought if you wanted to take a base, you have to destroy the town.  My mistake.

Yes you have to destroy the town, then you have to get troops in, all the time guys are upping off the field to defend and the air cap are being killed by ack, honestly, sure this is teaching you to suck eggs and you are simply being obtuse :confused:
The GFC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2014, 09:39:08 AM »
Yes you have to destroy the town, then you have to get troops in, all the time guys are upping off the field to defend and the air cap are being killed by ack, honestly, sure this is teaching you to suck eggs and you are simply being obtuse :confused:

I think the point he is trying to make is after you kill the town you should then spend the time fighting the planes that up to defend INSTEAD of deacking a field and popping defenseless fighters rolling down the runway. I know it takes more skill and you might NOT capture the base, but look at how much fun you would have FIGHTING!

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 11:21:26 AM »
I think the point he is trying to make is after you kill the town you should then spend the time fighting the planes that up to defend INSTEAD of deacking a field and popping defenseless fighters rolling down the runway. I know it takes more skill and you might NOT capture the base, but look at how much fun you would have FIGHTING!

I am all for fighting, just not fighting against guys doing figure 8's through their act. If you ever saw me in game you know that I am always in the middle of fights and usually doing badly. Having to fight Ai acts as well is anything but what I would consider fun
The GFC

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2014, 11:26:37 AM »

The worst part of the game.  Deack the field is sad when it is used just to vulch.  Of late I have noticed defending players just leave and not give the vulchers the easy kills. 

In the DA the other day a guy in an F4U waiting at the end of the runway to shot slow planes taking off..  Not much of a duel.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2014, 11:44:32 AM »
It might help with the problem of finding a fight.  Last night about midnight CDT the Rooks and Bish had a nice furball going and I looked over in Nitland and they had no dar-bars on either border - nothing.  If you were a Nit and had already used your switch earlier in the evening you had nothing to do except watch the grass grow.  I actually felt sorry for them.  I would get shot down 15 minutes later and look again and still nothing in Nitland - not good for the game.

I really don't believe that you could not find a fight, heck to attack either sides base your going to get a fight going. its never failed for me to find a fight like that.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »

That pretty much spells it out.

The worst part of the game.  Deack the field is sad when it is used just to vulch.  Of late I have noticed defending players just leave and not give the vulchers the easy kills. 

In the DA the other day a guy in an F4U waiting at the end of the runway to shot slow planes taking off..  Not much of a duel.

That is the only reason for de-acking a field: to make it easier to vulch. 

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2014, 12:32:33 PM »

That is the only reason for de-acking a field: to make it easier to vulch. 

We have captured fields by deacking to preserve the hangers but it is a low percentage chance capture.