Author Topic: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR  (Read 7561 times)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: 2.2 CENTS PER HOUR
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 08:03:56 PM »
I quit.  You win.

Were we competing?  :huh

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 08:29:20 PM »
I didn't say he was ignorant, I said the assertion one chess piece is superior to another is.
Bear, I will grant that not every single Rook is like all the others, but as in the world, people of like minds tend to congregate. Thus knights have the reputation for liking the fight more than winning the war. I'm not as concerned with winning the war, or protecting my score. That's not why I play. I play for the fight, I don't get out of furballs if I have a kill or two, and I'm not worried about landing my kills. The test of skill is my adrenaline booster. Even then, I've been constantly in the 300 rank range, so I'm not a total slouch. I gun, I tank, I bomb and I get in fighters. my favorite planes are the 110G and the 109s. I turn fight them all. I don't get high and protect my score, I don't run to ack or call in help. I call it off most often. Play the way that makes you happy. That's fine. All I'm saying is that, when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that the rule isn't going to be changed, those who say change it or I'll quit should put their money where their mouth is, and give it a rest.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2014, 08:54:34 PM »
Bear, I will grant that not every single Rook is like all the others, but as in the world, people of like minds tend to congregate. Thus knights have the reputation for liking the fight more than winning the war. I'm not as concerned with winning the war, or protecting my score. That's not why I play. I play for the fight, I don't get out of furballs if I have a kill or two, and I'm not worried about landing my kills. The test of skill is my adrenaline booster. Even then, I've been constantly in the 300 rank range, so I'm not a total slouch. I gun, I tank, I bomb and I get in fighters. my favorite planes are the 110G and the 109s. I turn fight them all. I don't get high and protect my score, I don't run to ack or call in help. I call it off most often. Play the way that makes you happy. That's fine. All I'm saying is that, when it's BLATANTLY OBVIOUS that the rule isn't going to be changed, those who say change it or I'll quit should put their money where their mouth is, and give it a rest.

I don't think it's written in stone, it's been changed before and I don't know anyone threatening to quit., but I do know some that would resubscribe if it did change.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2014, 08:55:41 PM »
I don't think it's written in stone, it's been changed before and I don't know anyone threatening to quit., but I do know some that would resubscribe if it did change.
^ This
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

Even though I don't care either way 12 hrs 1 hr. whatever...I posted for the change +1.

Whatever brings more guys to the dar...to the game.  The whole spies thing is a load of bullocks....lmao - the same thing we get now from buff pilots...They just can't seem to understand how dar bar works.  Hello...we see you...don't know you are buffs...that is true...but who else would be upping from back there?  It's laughable.

No problem finding action tonight along the rook front...Damn you guys use nose plugs or what? 

When Zoney calls someone out 'High'...oh boy...I am into the deck for something tastier...

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2014, 09:45:22 PM »
Look for us SW's...  We rarely break 10k..   :D
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2014, 09:50:00 PM »
Look for us SW's...  We rarely break 10k..   :D

and we arrive at bases to stir up a fight for those looking to dog for a while, unless we take it, which opens up a new front for you fighter jocks to explore.
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »
and we arrive at bases to stir up a fight for those looking to dog for a while, unless we take it, which opens up a new front for you fighter jocks to explore.

True, we like to stick around for a fight too.
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2014, 10:57:49 PM »
I think that perceived differences between the three countries are a combination of illusion and nominal random fluctuation.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2014, 11:23:37 PM »
I'm really beginning to question the fiscal aspect of maybe flying in FSO once every 6 weeks or so.

I think that perceived differences between the three countries are a combination of illusion and nominal random fluctuation.
Agreed. I flew Rook and only Rook for years and had the usual "Knits always do this" and "Bish always do that" mentality. After being a side switcher for so long now there really is no difference.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2014, 01:14:05 PM »
This is our house.  If you feel you hate this place so much you have to piss on every positive thing said, then you will be shown the door.

We are done with putting up with the lack of respect shown to us and others in the community.  That goes for the game as well as this board.

If I were a new person and came to this forum, I would head for the hills and never look back.  If you feel you need to run off customers, then please go do it someplace else.

If that is so, why run a public forum anyway?
If you would run a "Subscribers only" part of the forum it might be way more respectful and contributing than it is nowadays.

Makes it way easier to split ways with the trolls you do not want in game nor BBS.

Just my 2 cents.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2014, 01:23:23 PM »
If that is so, why run a public forum anyway?
If you would run a "Subscribers only" part of the forum it might be way more respectful and contributing than it is nowadays.

Makes it way easier to split ways with the trolls you do not want in game nor BBS.

Just my 2 cents.

Most new people need help and this can be the best place for them to reach out for it.

The board should not have to be restricted to those potential players due to the handful which may be problematic.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »
Most new people need help and this can be the best place for them to reach out for it.

The board should not have to be restricted to those potential players due to the handful which may be problematic.

Just add the two weekers in as well.

Like you said yourself...the state of the forum right now...would run even you off.  So we are not helping any new guys that way.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2014, 01:44:19 PM »
So, let's fix it.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2014, 01:47:54 PM »
So, let's fix it.

You know I'm in.  Always have been.  

Why I rarely venture to the Main bbs.  Not much good happening out here, and most of that...coming from people who don't even play.

Seems like a (and I hate to use it) win/win for a user only forum.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -