Author Topic: A strange perception of the DA  (Read 8557 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: A strange perception of the DA
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 09:32:49 PM »
lol, good one.  snortsnort That's about as classy as you've been wearing dresses for the last 13 years.  

Lmao!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Rogue9Volt

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 09:50:35 PM »
IN.

Do you see lots of trickery and F3 moders or reasons to avoid it?  Do you hear those comments when you guys get back to the MA after your sessions?

Never seen anyone accused of trickery.  We get the occasional HO accusation, as that stuff happens on tight angles in a close fight.  Never more than that though.  Once we got accused of ganging up on some guy cuz he just jumped into our furball without asking. lol
InGame:  SW9volt

-Born To Lose, Live To Win-
Recruiting Officer,125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 09:52:34 PM »
Never seen anyone accused of trickery.  We get the occasional HO accusation, as that stuff happens on tight angles in a close fight.  Never more than that though.  Once we got accused of ganging up on some guy cuz he just jumped into our furball without asking. lol

Which is to be expected if you're him, lol

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 10:01:12 PM »
Next time you get called to the DA, you go, or forever lose your podium to talk a big game!  :aok

There would be a very slim chance I even knew I was called out to the DA since I pretty much ignore the text buffer (unless I start something which is... well... like... never).

Gotta run... time to step up to the big game talking podium.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »
lol, good one.  snortsnort That's about as classy as you've been wearing dresses for the last 13 years.  
He is renowned after all, for his classiness.   :rolleyes:

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 10:11:54 PM »
So why not make a message when one switches to F3 mode. Clear it all up, wouldn't it?

IF it doesn't happen in there, or as much as ppl say they don't use it, then it shouldn't clog up chat box, right?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 10:17:34 PM »
If Skyyr's there, that's another reason to avoid it.
Retired

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 10:24:11 PM »
What fascinates me about the DA is the duplicity of the environment. At the same time it caters to the gayest of the gay at fireball lake and allows true fights and toon honor to be played out on the side bases. In the profundity of universal law - balance, the legitimacy of the DA challenge is proven out.

When someone denies a challenge to the DA they prove their cowardice and their ilk. By flaking out based on the sad practices of "Furball Lake" they prove that they have never known the honor of a true fight in the DA. They prove that they are of that mold. They prove their nature is the nature of gayness because they only see the DA as it is in "Furball Lake".  They have never known the higher calling of a fair fight. They are weak. They are of no account.

Only the weak refuse a fair fight in the DA.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 10:32:35 PM »
When someone denies a challenge to the DA they prove their cowardice and their ilk.

:lol
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 10:44:42 PM »
::DISCLAMER:: Not work, child and or wife friendly!!!!

However, if you would like to DA and this goes for EVERY (explicit) ONE!!!

Please... find me and so I can beat the piss out of your fist with my face! Please?  :neener:

Link below provided for your auditory enjoyment of our DA engagement.  :devil

http://www.jukebo.com/mickey-avalon/music-clip,my-dick,x5p5zr.html

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2014, 11:00:46 PM »
The best is when some dude is filling up the text buffer with toughness and then trips over himself back peddling from the DA.  It makes me laugh out loud.

:lol    <--- similar to this

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2014, 11:52:41 PM »
If Skyyr's there, that's another reason to avoid it.

Why?  Those kind of hate-fights are the best.  They generally end up in laughing affairs where both become friends but at a minimum, you now know HOW he fights.  Just like NrShida has always said...ACM is like a fingerprint.  When you've fought some one enough, you recognize them in the merge or shortly thereafter.  But the thing is, you DO go fight which is better than 90% of the limpwristed, sissy girls that come up with reasons to put knew planes in the set;  mind you  they'll never fight in them ever they'll just jackjaw excuses and reasons why they'll get you in the MA instead of going to an equal footed fighting arena.

Here is the best part.  You fight and they don't.  They'll go on blathering on 200 about how they'll pwn...but they're words are hollow.  Just excuses...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 11:54:45 PM by Changeup »

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 12:38:55 AM »
The best is when some dude is filling up the text buffer with toughness and then trips over himself back peddling from the DA.  It makes me laugh out loud.

:lol    <--- similar to this

I remember one time we were doing DA fights two guys were talking tough on text about how they were the best duo ever and no one in the arena could beat them. Me and RedBull took them up on that challenge, but all they did was continue to talk big and refused to fight us.  :lol

As for the DA as a whole, I will avoid the Furball Lake as much as I can. It has become a mini-MA with nothing but people running away from 1v1's as they try to land their 2 kills, or flying around at 20K in Tempest and 4-Hogs. Heck! I even saw someone up from a base outside of furball lake so he could climb to 40K in a Brewster!  :lol

Death Canyon and the side bases though are a blast!! The only fights you ever see over there are people who are willing to fight to the death. There has not been a single night where I didn't have one heck of a great time fighting at death canyon or a side base! Muppet Duels with friends, Operation Kill The Crab, or just some idiotic event like Rocket Duels are some of the most fun I have on this game!

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 01:03:15 AM »
I remember one time we were doing DA fights two guys were talking tough on text about how they were the best duo ever and no one in the arena could beat them. Me and RedBull took them up on that challenge, but all they did was continue to talk big and refused to fight us.  :lol

As for the DA as a whole, I will avoid the Furball Lake as much as I can. It has become a mini-MA with nothing but people running away from 1v1's as they try to land their 2 kills, or flying around at 20K in Tempest and 4-Hogs. Heck! I even saw someone up from a base outside of furball lake so he could climb to 40K in a Brewster!  :lol

Death Canyon and the side bases though are a blast!! The only fights you ever see over there are people who are willing to fight to the death. There has not been a single night where I didn't have one heck of a great time fighting at death canyon or a side base! Muppet Duels with friends, Operation Kill The Crab, or just some idiotic event like Rocket Duels are some of the most fun I have on this game!
....this..especially operation attempt to kill the crab:)
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline jododger

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2014, 02:13:21 AM »

So, what's your excuse?

I think most people are just scared to lose.  What they don't know is that some of the best friendships I have in this game came directly out of the DA.  Everyone should find a way to have fun in the game, but remember, if you crash in the game you get to up a bran new ride.
Dodger
It's about the fight.