Author Topic: A strange perception of the DA  (Read 8823 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: A strange perception of the DA
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 10:23:27 AM »
LESS WHINING..MORE DYEING!! JUST CHILL AND KILL!! :devil :cheers: it's a game and you Allllllllllllll are my friends..that helps keep my ego in check.:) F3?? Personally if you want to use it against me in DA..more power to Ya..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 10:28:59 AM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
Skyrr....who happened to have a very rough night last night ;) :rofl and who seems to have quieted down quite a bit over the last few weeks.
how did he have a rough night?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2014, 10:29:28 AM »
how did he have a rough night?

He got kilt repeatedly
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2014, 10:31:20 AM »

I'll be perfectly honest with you Midway. After my son was born prematurely I was away from the game and normal life for three months - and it was a hard three months. I watched four premature babies die in our ward and thought ours was going to die on two occasions. I watched him puffed up on Morphine one night on a ventilator waiting for it. Sat up all night, couldn't look away. Life was no longer care-free nor relaxed. Everything was pressure, consequential and important.

When we came home and I was able to return to flying I embraced it as a sort of normalcy, something to balance my recent experiences. I also decided to try and learn some other aircraft and was derping around one night in a Bf109G-14 with a drop tank and everything. I ran into your high Spitfire Mk IX three times on climb-out initially afk I think. The first two times sub-e, heavy, unprepared and trying to fly the 109 like my Ki-84 I was slaughtered as one might expect.

Then you wrote on 200: 'I remember, when you taught me how to Immelmann. Now I can pwn you at will'. There were even comments from other players, telling you to steady on. The third fight went less well as I got a better position and you tore your own wings off in a very high G turn. Do you remember that incident?

Well I felt very betrayed and offended by what you said and regretted helping you to the point where I haven't helped anyone since.

It took me a year to piece my life and flying back together after the premature birth of Tiny Shida. I don't know that I've forgiven what I considered a rude and undeserved comment that evening. I have naturally learned a lot about other people through this game, what they think, how they think.

What I still find fascinating however about this activity, above all, is what you learn about yourself. Your comments bugged me enough to look into myself and see why. Since that night I have done nothing but disassemble and reassemble my ACM. I learned to not care about performance, the result, the victor or the loser. I no longer value shooting an opponent in a skill-v-skill fight. I discovered something more rewarding. That one learns more through defeat than victory, how to research and develop my own ACM, how to advance my technique, how to approach this activity with a sport psychologically.

I fly now with a liberation and serenity I never had before. I don't care to be quantified or evaluated against another pilot. AH flying is for me the Zen activity I wanted it to be. I am centred, alone, content.

So ironically I have learned more from you, than you ever did from me.

Very well said Shida.....  if this doesnt cause Midway to reconsider his ways.... then there is truly no hope for him ever gaining the respect he so desperately seeks.  

:salute Nishizawa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2014, 10:34:28 AM »

I'll be perfectly honest with you Midway. After my son was born prematurely I was away from the game and normal life for three months - and it was a hard three months. I watched four premature babies die in our ward and thought ours was going to die on two occasions. I watched him puffed up on Morphine one night on a ventilator waiting for it. Sat up all night, couldn't look away. Life was no longer care-free nor relaxed. Everything was pressure, consequential and important.

When we came home and I was able to return to flying I embraced it as a sort of normalcy, something to balance my recent experiences. I also decided to try and learn some other aircraft and was derping around one night in a Bf109G-14 with a drop tank and everything. I ran into your high Spitfire Mk IX three times on climb-out initially afk I think. The first two times sub-e, heavy, unprepared and trying to fly the 109 like my Ki-84 I was slaughtered as one might expect.

Then you wrote on 200: 'I remember, when you taught me how to Immelmann. Now I can pwn you at will'. There were even comments from other players, telling you to steady on. The third fight went less well as I got a better position and you tore your own wings off in a very high G turn. Do you remember that incident?

Well I felt very betrayed and offended by what you said and regretted helping you to the point where I haven't helped anyone since.

It took me a year to piece my life and flying back together after the premature birth of Tiny Shida. I don't know that I've forgiven what I considered a rude and undeserved comment that evening. I have naturally learned a lot about other people through this game, what they think, how they think.

What I still find fascinating however about this activity, above all, is what you learn about yourself. Your comments bugged me enough to look into myself and see why. Since that night I have done nothing but disassemble and reassemble my ACM. I learned to not care about performance, the result, the victor or the loser. I no longer value shooting an opponent in a skill-v-skill fight. I discovered something more rewarding. That one learns more through defeat than victory, how to research and develop my own ACM, how to advance my technique, how to approach this activity with a sport psychologically.

I fly now with a liberation and serenity I never had before. I don't care to be quantified or evaluated against another pilot. AH flying is for me the Zen activity I wanted it to be. I am centred, alone, content.

That is good, I think.  I too have dealt with severe tragedies but won't go into them... and understand that a comment by someone at the wrong time can, unbeknown to the person making the comment, be taken the wrong way. 99% of the time silly game comments are meaningless or carry very little weight, but occasionally one has more impact than it should. I apologize to you, Nrshida, for having said that to you at that moment in time.  I did not know.  

I will tell you that I sincerely love you in a human way for your kindness and strongly empathize with the difficulties you've had to deal with.  Almost everyone will during some point in their life deal with severe loss and tragedy. Some earlier than others and some more than others.

I won't let comments here from anyone, or let any event here for that matter, affect me when I know they are not related to other real life events.  

If I were there with you in real life, I would be the first to do what I can to help.  I've been through very sad and difficult situations myself and expect to see more of them over time.  But the opposite is also true and make dealing with the difficult events worth it.

Know that I am very sincere in my appreciation of you, wish you would not have had to deal with tragedy, and wish for that moment I would have said nothing, had I known.

I hope nothing but the best for you, always.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2014, 10:35:51 AM »
Very well said Shida.....  if this doesnt cause Midway to reconsider his ways.... then there is truly no hope for him ever gaining the respect he so desperately seeks.  

Nishizawa, your premise is incorrect.  :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2014, 10:36:22 AM »

I disagree...you didn't "learn" that from mid....but yourself...it just happened to be a mouthy tard that made you look further into yourself.... :salute

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2014, 10:41:03 AM »
I disagree...you didn't "learn" that from mid....but yourself...it just happened to be a mouthy tard that made you look further into yourself.... :salute

I am not a tard. I am a human being. A bit mouthy, true, but not a tard, whatever that is.  :)

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2014, 10:41:24 AM »
Nishizawa, your premise is incorrect.  :)
Seek and recognize truth.... even when it hurts.   :old:   enough about you...back on topic.

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2014, 10:42:28 AM »
Seek and recognize truth.... even when it hurts.   :old:   enough about you...back on topic.

Indeed. :aok

:salute

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2014, 10:46:12 AM »
I think the problem is that most people in the game DO get over inflated egos in the MA doing what they do and know that if they go the the DA with the Muppet type guys they'll get their feelings hurt. In order for someone to go to these DA fights one has to absolutely leave the ego and attitude at the door, and realise that dieing repeatedly is just part of the learning process. Unfortunately most players find a comfort zone in their habits and don't want to leave that place.

I for one have never used F3 or that hack you call "track IR"  :angel:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2014, 10:50:54 AM »
Being back on subject now, to further accentuate the point of this thread, only the people that go to the DA have posted here.  The absence of the naysayers (with the exception of R105) is proof of their abject fear of having their egos smashed. 

But they'll continue their lame excuses on 200 and they'll continue to run to the safety of their gaming-the-game claim, forever cementing their persona to one of fear, rationization and false confidence.  How small.

So when you see them on 200, don't forget what it looks like. 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
First, midway, you are rude and a troll. That's my only comment to you.
nrshida, I remember what you went through, being one of the folks that you respected enough to update on little shida's progress, and i felt your worry and pain. I also rejoiced with you when he went home and am still thanking God for his growth and good health. Shida, I would not still be playing this game if it weren't for your teaching and good will. Thank you!
The ONLY good thing about the DA is the private areas. The lake is a cesspool of wannabes and no-talent Hoers and pickers. They would all ruin a wet dream. They cant even stay out of private fights in the private areas. Pfffffffffft on the DA. It could go away and the game would be better for it.
As I continue to fly in the LW MA, I am growing more pragmatic about the way others fly (or play the game). I don't let runners, ack hiders or anything else bother me, because the truth is, if I get killed, it's MY fault. I work to improve. I also notice that if I send a good willed PM to opponents, I generally get good willed replies and often they up again for another fight. Isn't that novel? Others should give it a try....good will never hurt anyone, and  benefits the entire game.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2014, 11:03:13 AM »
I miss school.
-AoM-

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2014, 11:12:15 AM »
He got kilt repeatedly

It is called experimenting with new planes/techniques.  Don't get your hopes up.  His dying repeatedly won't be a trend.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)