Author Topic: Been gone awhile....is Trinity still dead?  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Been gone awhile....is Trinity still dead?
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2014, 12:34:48 PM »
that is far from true.  A1 is also another battle, the port and coastal bases on either side are always busy with battles as we're the coastal bases to the south. If you couldn't find a fight on Trinity it wasn't the maps fault, it was your own fault.

Lemme guess... another peak time US flyer...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2014, 12:39:16 PM »
I wonder about that too... because I can't really think of any when lowering the mountains from a rather ridiculous 30k (how high was Mt. Everest again? ;)) to a more reasonable value.
wasn't this supposed to be happening?   The only downside I suppose would be making bomb****ing 135 a little easier, but it's not terribly difficult to just fly through the canyon to accomplish this.  

I think it's Compello, but I can't remember exactly. The big differences here lay in the fact that the v85 spawn can easily be knocked out by bombers, whose only physical barrier is the cross-channel flight. Also, you have close air bases in which fighter defenders or anti-Gv planes can launch. There are many ways to battle over v85. Furthermore if you that map has many other areas where combat takes place.

The problem with v135 on Trinity is that the mountains make it a chore to fight with an aircraft. so the GV spawn camp often goes on in stalemate. If you don't want to fight for v135 then your SOL because that's the only battle.

You are describing what I believe was a conscious effort by the map designers to allow GVers to have their fun and make it difficult for planes to interrupt their lil spawn battle.  I know that's the case with Greebos map.... It's evidently the case with the southwest 135/136 spawn off to itself many islands map.     If the planes are lacking action with the trinity map, wouldn't my other discarded unquoted points address that? Why must air to air game be promoted at the expense of the GV game?    The "GV spawn camp often goes on in stalemate" if I'm reading you right is EXACTLY what the GVers have a blast with.....  A frantic spawn battle....   That is what the 135 spawn was and why it's so sorely missed.    

:salute Nishizawa  

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
wasn't this supposed to be happening?  

So it's been said...  :old:  ;)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2014, 12:48:42 PM »

Aren't the majority of ah players peak time US flyers? Sorry you live across the pond, and there aren't enough of your people playing during your peak time. Why are we catering to the minority of players again?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2014, 01:03:53 PM »
Aren't the majority of ah players peak time US flyers? Sorry you live across the pond, and there aren't enough of your people playing during your peak time. Why are we catering to the minority of players again?

Peak time is only a small time window and thus I wouldn't be so sure it's only a (small) minority of players playing during that time. And for sure it's not only those "across the pond", many US players playing during non peak times as well, for various reasons.

And only a fool would think making AH an attractive playground only during a 4h period each day beign a wise move for overall numbers, business and in the end not having a negative impact on peak hour as well.

As been said, trinity worked much better when we had about twice the numbers airborne at any given moment.
By the way, the numbers you are currently having at US peak hours had about been the numbers we had at euro prime time when I joined...

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 01:10:57 PM »
that is far from true.  A1 is also another battle, the port and coastal bases on either side are always busy with battles as we're the coastal bases to the south. If you couldn't find a fight on Trinity it wasn't the maps fault, it was your own fault.

Always? Not even close. The A1 fight was just as stationary as the v135 GV spawn camp. Could good fights exist there? sure. But it could easily be snuffed out  with a horde or a group of 262. If the A1 fight goes sour, then what? likewise, the taking a CV to the south coast is fine if the CVs are close. But then the fools on defense sink the boat and it takes 4 hours to get back there. Very rarely could a country grab a foothold via CV and hold it.

I play in the US peak time. It still sucked.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2014, 01:23:53 PM »
wasn't this supposed to be happening?   The only downside I suppose would be making bomb****ing 135 a little easier, but it's not terribly difficult to just fly through the canyon to accomplish this.  

You are describing what I believe was a conscious effort by the map designers to allow GVers to have their fun and make it difficult for planes to interrupt their lil spawn battle.  I know that's the case with Greebos map.... It's evidently the case with the southwest 135/136 spawn off to itself many islands map.     If the planes are lacking action with the trinity map, wouldn't my other discarded unquoted points address that? Why must air to air game be promoted at the expense of the GV game?    The "GV spawn camp often goes on in stalemate" if I'm reading you right is EXACTLY what the GVers have a blast with.....  A frantic spawn battle....   That is what the 135 spawn was and why it's so sorely missed.    

The tank town in the center was built for that explicit reason. V135 is the opening move to enter the other country's territory, but it's placment prevents progress with air power.

The GV's were put in this game to facilitate a greater battle. IL-2 types attack the tanks, bomber's attacking the Vbases, and fighters atacking anything that flies. Think of the greater game like the food chain in the ocean, then the v135 spawn is a lobster tank. And it shouldn be so limited in scope.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2014, 02:38:32 PM »
The tank town in the center was built for that explicit reason. V135 is the opening move to enter the other country's territory, but it's placment prevents progress with air power.
   Be that as it may the topography of the 135 spawn is what I believe accounts for its popularity over tank town... Again you dismiss suggestions that directly address this.

The GV's were put in this game to facilitate a greater battle. IL-2 types attack the tanks, bomber's attacking the Vbases, and fighters atacking anything that flies. Think of the greater game like the food chain in the ocean, then the v135 spawn is a lobster tank. And it shouldn be so limited in scope.
I'll not be so bold as to presume to speak for Hitech and and his motivations for adding GVs to the game but whatever the reasons I'm betting he's not disappointed with the life all their own that they took.  I also wonder if Hitech would agree that GVs are simply nothing more than il2 food in today's AH food chain.   

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2014, 04:14:42 PM »
{snip}
Assuming the issue is distance to a decent air to air fight, I would think it would help:

1)if a few more ports/carriers were added along each sides respective seaboards

2)throw a couple "Malta's" in each of the seas

3)I wonder what unintended consequences lowering the mountains ranges would have....  Perhaps a high alt AF to fight over in the midst of the mountains....  Just plant it away from 135.  ;)

If the inability to win the map is the issue:

4)if the map is still sitting there for the full rotation time, why not lower the rotation time to 4 days per map?  Give the perkies to the side with the most bases at the end of 4 days.  

Those who would like to see trinity banished forevermore are biased as well, but I hardly think Hitech's gonna go along with their true desires to banish GVs altogether along with trinity.  

We agree!   :aok  If these issues would be addressed, I would LOVE to see you and other Trinity supporters have their map back into rotation.  I wish more folks could admit their can be compromise. 

So, you see I don't want Trinity banished forever.  I would not however like to see it return to its former state  (addressing none of the problems and returning it to rotation as it was would infuriate many more players than support it).