Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 11131 times)

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #150 on: May 06, 2014, 02:55:20 PM »
What Ammo said.

And Skuzzy, I mean more of a written update than a video.  Just a short "been working on the waves this week, trying to get the look of breakers right from 1,500ft", for example.  Something to wet the appetite of subscribers and give HTC a more personal image.....videos don't do that, unless there's commentary anyway.  Lets have a word from the man himself, or anyone else on the team who'd like to tell us what they're working on next.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #151 on: May 06, 2014, 03:06:22 PM »
What Ammo said.

And Skuzzy, I mean more of a written update than a video.  Just a short "been working on the waves this week, trying to get the look of breakers right from 1,500ft", for example.  Something to wet the appetite of subscribers and give HTC a more personal image.....videos don't do that, unless there's commentary anyway.  Lets have a word from the man himself, or anyone else on the team who'd like to tell us what they're working on next.

We wish it was that fun.  When you are re-writing a graphics engine there are days, if not weeks, filled with nothing but trig/geometry/calculus/algebra equations.

Sure, we could say, "We did more math this week!".

This is not glamorous work being done right now.  It gets good when we get to applying the art.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #152 on: May 06, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »
Yes, you are wrong.  

of course I am... how did I know...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #153 on: May 06, 2014, 03:24:53 PM »
of course I am... how did I know...

If you knew, then why ask?  Is that all of my post you read?

My post is not meant to be antagonistic, but the way you worded it made it impossible to have any discussion.

Let me help.  None of what has transpired with the suspensions and PNG's have anything to do with the 12 hour side switch timer.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:52:22 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: May 06, 2014, 03:30:16 PM »
If you knew, then why ask?  Is that all of my post you read?

I read the post.. Your board.. You're right.. I understand my help is not needed and certainly not asked for..  :salute
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #155 on: May 06, 2014, 03:31:43 PM »
Read my edit.

Until everyone stops running around, with their hair on fire, screaming, "It's about the 12 hour timer!", we are not going to get passed this.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:33:58 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2014, 03:36:25 PM »
I read the post.. Your board.. You're right.. I understand my help is not needed and certainly not asked for..  :salute

It is our board, but it is for the community, at large.  If someone does not oversee it and take care of it, then it will degrade to the point where a meaningful discussion cannot be had.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2014, 03:38:20 PM »
It is our board, but it is for the community, at large.  If someone does not oversee it and take care of it, then it will degrade to the point where a meaningful discussion cannot be had.

Like Youtube comments.  :devil

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2014, 03:49:53 PM »
Like Youtube comments.  :devil

Pretty much.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2014, 04:19:23 PM »
A customer is not an employee.  A customer is my boss.  Part of my responsibility makes the customer my boss.  That is how I look at it.

When the boss decides he is going to be disruptive, and you ask him to please stop, and he does not, then you are left with little choice.  Then when the boss seeks out others to join him in his disruptive binge, it has to be stopped.

This is not about people asking questions.  This about people being disruptive to the entire community.  Much like someone ranting and raving in a restaurant.  Until you take care of that disruption, you cannot deal with anything else.  If you do not take care of it, others will join in.

It is a lot easier to have a discussion when everyone is acting with a modicum of respect.  That is all we have been asking for.  I am really sorry there was no other way to deal with this mess, but we were given no other choice.

I am not going to get into the details of private dealings with members of the community.  Please respect that.

Just think about this.  Do you really think we enjoy doing these things?  It was the last thing we wanted to do.

We are always open to rational, respectful communications.  What has happened in the last week, or so, was anything but that.  The rationalization used was, "Well, if HiTech had only responded to us.."  There is no rationalizing bad behavior.  Not at all.

It went from bad to worse and there seemed to be nothing we could do about it because the instigators refused to listen to any voice of reason.  They were clinging to an untenable position and then they drug others into it.  It was looking more like a plague or cancer than anything else.

Of course, there are those who would say, "you could have stopped it had you only made the change".  Guess what?  A business cannot survive by making decisions based on threats.

First, I understand your point of view on this.  I do not agree with your analogy.  No one bans their boss and no one is able to put a stop to what their boss does.  Right to work gives the boss the ability to fire anyone who doesn't pass his muster.

Lets move on to the correct analogy:  you're the bartender and the PNG guys are at your bar and they've drank too much and are getting too loud because they felt the bar was short-pouring them a little bit.  The tough part for you is that they are good customers.  They've been coming to your bar for YEARS.  You've personally served them for years and when others got loud with them it created an environment that caused others to be loud against their loudness.  Chaos could have ensued had you not stepped in and thrown them out of your bar. 

My point was this:  as long standing customers, taking each one aside (PM or email) and explaining the nature of your position and offering them a cab ride home would have been an exceptional course action to take with them.  You chose to throw them out of the bar.

Would this option have required more time?  Yes.  How much goodwill would you and your bar received and how many threads and signature changes would have been avoided? 

That's all I was saying.   

One question though:  if the riot-inciters were PNGd for gathering a herd to push for the changes, why weren't the herd-haters thrown out of the bar for acting just as bad with their anti-change behavior?  Furthermore, why weren't the fence setters who felt the need to post their neutrality in an obvious attempt at flame baiting kicked out too? 

As it appears, the customers who wanted to check their pours were treated worse than the guys who created their own riot to stop the first complaints.  Then, you had a large group in the corner of the bar by the pool tables screaming "KICK THE PISS OUT OF HIM!!!!"

There's a bit of inequity here regarding the dispensation of corrective action.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2014, 04:26:29 PM »
Corrective action was done based on history.  That is only accessible at HTC and we are not going to discuss it.

Suffice it to say, we did not just ban people without trying other things first.

Now, I will admit we did not try taking a baseball bat to their noggins to get their attention.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2014, 04:26:46 PM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:18:49 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2014, 04:54:04 PM »
First, I understand your point of view on this.  I do not agree with your analogy.  No one bans their boss and no one is able to put a stop to what their boss does.  Right to work gives the boss the ability to fire anyone who doesn't pass his muster.

Lets move on to the correct analogy:  you're the bartender and the PNG guys are at your bar and they've drank too much and are getting too loud because they felt the bar was short-pouring them a little bit.  The tough part for you is that they are good customers.  They've been coming to your bar for YEARS.  You've personally served them for years and when others got loud with them it created an environment that caused others to be loud against their loudness.  Chaos could have ensued had you not stepped in and thrown them out of your bar. 

My point was this:  as long standing customers, taking each one aside (PM or email) and explaining the nature of your position and offering them a cab ride home would have been an exceptional course action to take with them.  You chose to throw them out of the bar.

Would this option have required more time?  Yes.  How much goodwill would you and your bar received and how many threads and signature changes would have been avoided? 

That's all I was saying.   

One question though:  if the riot-inciters were PNGd for gathering a herd to push for the changes, why weren't the herd-haters thrown out of the bar for acting just as bad with their anti-change behavior?  Furthermore, why weren't the fence setters who felt the need to post their neutrality in an obvious attempt at flame baiting kicked out too? 

As it appears, the customers who wanted to check their pours were treated worse than the guys who created their own riot to stop the first complaints.  Then, you had a large group in the corner of the bar by the pool tables screaming "KICK THE PISS OUT OF HIM!!!!"

There's a bit of inequity here regarding the dispensation of corrective action.

HTC has rules. Someone broke one, which one is irrelevant.   Personally, I think HTC is too nice in terms of the PNG/ban hammer. They have allowed members of this BBS to get away with alot, and now that they are starting to get tired of it and 'crack down', people are complaining.   And, in your analogy, sometimes people can't be reasoned with. Just look at many of the purse fights here on the BBS.

What Ammo said.

I think the reason why they do NOT do that is because they want to show that they actually did something. Saying they are working on this or that without being able to actually show the work/effort is pointless to them (from what I gather based on their actions).  So while I understand that it seems like they aren't be responsive or whatever the case may be, I understand why they run things that way.

Like I've said before, multiple times, it is our job as players (some who say they understand business/gaming industry and how games are made) to be patient and understanding with HTC. They are working hard to create a game for, in my opinion, many whiny old men who can't wait. Seriously, just wait it out, I know it isn't fun, but whining at HTC isn't going to do anything and complaining because someone got PNG'd (whether you determine it was right or wrong is irrelevant). 

Whether you start a riot or participate in it, the police still arrest you, this case is no different.
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2014, 04:57:24 PM »
I'm hearing these people have been given bans for this, when there is nothing I offensive or rule breaking, about the avatar/picture they have displayed.

I am confused

Unless you heard this from HTC, you are basing your opinion on rumors and personal agendas from those saying it. I don't think HTC owes anyone an explanation for why someone got PNG'd.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2014, 05:05:45 PM »
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 07:19:06 PM by LCADolby »
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10