Author Topic: Kindergarten Lessons  (Read 20763 times)

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
Re: Kindergarten Lessons
« Reply #150 on: May 09, 2014, 01:04:50 PM »
How have they hurt the game?

I mean, if one is to make such claims, it would be nice to have empirical evidence of it.

Here you go.

Quote from: LCADolby
Saying the BBS is a turn off is a ridiculous excuse to use.

You have no idea how wrong you are.  This BBS drives off more customers than the game could ever do.  People use the bulletin board for help.  It is the first line of support, for many people.

The general complaints I get involve words such as arrogant, egotistical, nasty, rude, inconsiderate, and so on.  Notice a theme?

Yes, the training and support aspects of the board are decent and helpful, but if someone accidentally strolls into the general forum and tries to get help, they are met with a rather caustic bunch of responses.

I am part of several other game boards and while there is no end of negative posting, if someone asks for help, most of the responses are helpful.  I have tested that, many times.

Quote from: Kazaa
For Skuzzy to say that the community is driving away more customers than the game itself is just so bizarre.

Do you understand I am only regurgitating what is said in many emails and PM's I get weekly?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:13:47 PM by Brooke »

Offline Pepprr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: May 09, 2014, 01:07:12 PM »
Do not put words in my mouth, where in my post did I say anything in any way hinted at implied or eluded to the concept of a group being different then an individual.

HiTech

My apologies.  By no means was I trying to put words in your mouth.

I took Shores comment as an attack on a group of people that he thinks should be weeded out of the community.  Therefore thinking that attacking a group of people was
ok as long as you didn't name names and attack an individual person.  My mistake.  

:salute

...and it is AoM not AoP..  ;)

~AoM~

SSACIFMTSHU 
My vids :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk0db9fARH0

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #152 on: May 09, 2014, 01:10:39 PM »
Here you go.

This BBS drives off more customers than the game could ever do.  People use the bulletin board for help.  It is the first line of support, for many people.

The general complaints I get involve words such as arrogant, egotistical, nasty, rude, inconsiderate, and so on.  Notice a theme?

Do you understand I am only regurgitating what is said in many emails and PM's I get weekly?

I want pie charts.  Someone get Lusche  :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #153 on: May 09, 2014, 01:15:40 PM »

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #154 on: May 09, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »
Thanks for the responses HT.  I'll sthu now and not contribute to the problem vis a vis you're programming time any longer.

<S>

Offline TheForce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #155 on: May 09, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
Grizz has been band before for the specific case I sighted. We were gracious enough to give him changes again, but he was constantly pushing the edge of acceptable behavior. The avatar was just the final straw.  The other people are simply either 2 or 1 week suspensions.

It got so bad we had to shut down the bbs for periods of time to get peoples attention.

On this we agree, long development cycles , like we are in right now, always create more unrest.

HiTech

From what grizz told me, he hasn't been banned in five years. You make it sound like he has always been a problem. Actually if you look back at his posts he rarely is moderated and a valued contributor.  You png banned him for a silly avatar?  :aok

P.S. Hlbly did not make that webpage you speak of until AFTER he was banned, according to him. Somebody's version of the story is not accurate.

:headscratch: :bolt:

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #156 on: May 09, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
What do you think was in the mind of the instigators of the avatar when they made it?

HiTech

To show what they are in favor off. There's as much harm in it as displaying an avatar saying 'bring on the Bruster'. It was not a secret society plotting on killing the Fuhrer and create anarchy. You asked, don't ban me for answering  :lol
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #157 on: May 09, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »
P.S. Hlbly did not make that webpage you speak of until AFTER he was banned, according to him. Somebody's version of the story is not accurate.

The only reason we banned him  was because of the sight.

HiTech

Modified for typo
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 01:31:33 PM by hitech »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: May 09, 2014, 01:39:55 PM »
Summary:

Some folks kept poking a Tiger with a stick.  Result is they are either PNG'd or taking a little vacation.  It also resulted in the HTC Crew eating up time having to deal with them instead of working on upgrading the game.  Since the crack down, the forum looks a lot better now, as we do not see the SAME bloody complaints REPEATEDLY showing up all the time and getting out of hand.  That wasn't doing well for AH's image.  But hey, they wanted to keep poking the Tiger with a stick, so the Tiger gave them a little mauling.  It would appear that some where tasty. :)

In all honesty, I am surprised that the HTC Crew let all that slide for so long.  I wanted to gnaw on my keyboard a few times reading some of the stuff, which was the same thing under different titles. :lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
« Reply #159 on: May 09, 2014, 01:53:53 PM »
The only reason we banned him was because of the site.

HiTech

Modified for typo

Modified for typos
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: May 09, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
Summary

In all honesty, I am surprised that the HTC Crew let all that slide for so long.  I wanted to gnaw on my keyboard a few times reading some of the stuff, which was the same thing under different titles. :lol

I am surprised dale puts up with that crap so long honestly. My rental business i deal with over 175 tenants daily. I keep my cool most of the time, dale deals with customers and i deal with tenants. The amount of crap he gets daily amazes me. I wouldnt put up with it honestly. My father always told me to have patience, but i only went so far. I would of banned a few by now with my attitude, i only hope i can model myself after dale in the way he and skuzzy handles things.
JG 52

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #161 on: May 09, 2014, 02:16:44 PM »
We have a bunch of BBS "lawyers" in here, I think. This ain't court, and HiTech would be judge, jury and executioner if it was. One day folks are going to grow up and let the subject drop. Right now, the whole think is imploding on them. The more they keep this up, more people will grow tired of the monopolizing of so many threads and space on the BBS. They aren't making allies, they're alienating many who either have no opinion on the rule in question, along with those who want the rule in place. I don't care about the rule, but the whole topic and the way they continue ad nauseum is ridiculous.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: May 09, 2014, 03:25:52 PM »
We have a bunch of BBS "lawyers" in here, I think. This ain't court, and HiTech would be judge, jury and executioner if it was. One day folks are going to grow up and let the subject drop. Right now, the whole think is imploding on them. The more they keep this up, more people will grow tired of the monopolizing of so many threads and space on the BBS. They aren't making allies, they're alienating many who either have no opinion on the rule in question, along with those who want the rule in place. I don't care about the rule, but the whole topic and the way they continue ad nauseum is ridiculous.

Some people on the BBS are attorneys...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline shoresroad

• Copper Member
« Reply #163 on: May 09, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »
Pepprr, I wasn't talking about AoM.  I was talking about a category of behavior I've seen exhibited by a few players both in-game and on this board.  I did disagree with Bear's suggestion that Halo46 should consider not playing just because "that's the way it is."
"Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant."
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: May 09, 2014, 03:33:20 PM »
What do you think was in the mind of the instigators of the avatar when they made it?

HiTech

I can't speak for them exactly.. I would guess it represented their desire for a change.. I do not believe it spoke negatively or otherwise portrayed HTC in a negative light.. It was not an offensive image... It represented no ill will..

May I ask what was in the mind of the moderator that banned them? Of the banner and the banee, which mind do you believe posed more ill will? You don't have to answer that obviously.. Just don't say it was a business decision.... We're all human at times..  thx for the replys though..
- TWBYDHAS