Author Topic: Kindergarten Lessons  (Read 20770 times)

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
Re: Kindergarten Lessons
« Reply #165 on: May 09, 2014, 03:33:35 PM »
Summary:

Some folks kept poking a Tiger with a stick.  Result is they are either PNG'd or taking a little vacation.  It also resulted in the HTC Crew eating up time having to deal with them instead of working on upgrading the game.  Since the crack down, the forum looks a lot better now, as we do not see the SAME bloody complaints REPEATEDLY showing up all the time and getting out of hand.  That wasn't doing well for AH's image.  But hey, they wanted to keep poking the Tiger with a stick, so the Tiger gave them a little mauling.  It would appear that some where tasty. :)

In all honesty, I am surprised that the HTC Crew let all that slide for so long.  I wanted to gnaw on my keyboard a few times reading some of the stuff, which was the same thing under different titles. :lol

:lol I know right? I said that before, and Changeup labeled it as 'sucking up/brown nosing', nice to see others see HTCs generosity and patience. I think the ban hammer should swing more often, personally.  :aok
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: May 09, 2014, 03:35:45 PM »
I can't speak for them exactly.. I would guess it represented their desire for a change.. I do not believe it spoke negatively or otherwise portrayed HTC in a negative light.. It was not an offensive image... It represented no ill will..

May I ask what was in the mind of the moderator that banned them? Of the banner and the banee, which mind do you believe posed more ill will? You don't have to answer that obviously.. Just don't say it was a business decision.... We're all human at times..  thx for the replys though..

Since I am unaware as to what image(s) or content 'provoked' the PNG. If possible, can anyone give information as to what the 'offending' image(s) or words were?

:salute
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: May 09, 2014, 03:38:55 PM »
Pepprr, I wasn't talking about AoM.  I was talking about a category of behavior I've seen exhibited by a few players both in-game and on this board.  I did disagree with Bear's suggestion that Halo46 should consider not playing just because "that's the way it is."

If you are going to quote me do it properly. That's the way it is in other games as well.

Offline TheForce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2014, 03:47:04 PM »
The only reason we banned him  was because of the sight.

HiTech

Modified for typo

I confirmed that, I believe you, but you are basically saying grizz was banned again because he pm'd someone a nasty message in addition to the avatar stuff, which lets call a spade a spade, was 100% non offensive. The Pm in question happened five years ago and he apologized to the player in question, it was a huge mistake and he owned up to it and expressed remorse. It's not exactly fair to speak of an isolated incident that occurred in 2009 against him and phrase it like it happened concurrently with this debacle.

At this point complaints have transgressed from an in game rule to customer treatment, right or wrong, in my opinion.  :salute

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2014, 03:48:06 PM »
Since I am unaware as to what image(s) or content 'provoked' the PNG. If possible, can anyone give information as to what the 'offending' image(s) or words were?

:salute
It was a fist with the number 12 on it. Most of us were in the process of adding it to our avatars as a silent protest about the 12 hour rule. Along  lines of "Perk the La-7" or "Give us the Meteor" or whatever.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »
:lol I know right? I said that before, and Changeup labeled it as 'sucking up/brown nosing', nice to see others see HTCs generosity and patience. I think the ban hammer should swing more often, personally.  :aok

In direct response to this post only, that's because Changeup has seen the exact same people to whom he was speaking, post rule violations blatantly but when the company owners are present in the thread they are posting, suddenly their behavior changes to syrup.

That, and only that, is the reason for Changeups statement and due to that consistent behavior, he stands behind it. 

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #171 on: May 09, 2014, 03:56:21 PM »
It was a fist with the number 12 on it. Most of us were in the process of adding it to our avatars as a silent protest about the 12 hour rule. Along  lines of "Perk the La-7" or "Give us the Meteor" or whatever.

This is exactly what I thought was in the mind of the people who used the image. I was farly forcefully  shutting down threads on the 12 hour rule issue, and hence the "Protest" is doing nothing more but wanting to continue the issue after being told other wise.

As I have said all along, people do not get to do "protests" with picket signs "Avatars" in my place of business.

What went threw my mind was I saw it was "Oh man, they really didn't do this after they were just warned about protesting stuff in their signature, Crap I got to deal with it again"

HiTech

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2014, 04:00:01 PM »

I see, thanks for the clarification.

In direct response to this post only, that's because Changeup has seen the exact same people to whom he was speaking, post rule violations blatantly but when the company owners are present in the thread they are posting, suddenly their behavior changes to syrup.

That, and only that, is the reason for Changeups statement and due to that consistent behavior, he stands behind it.  

While I can't say I know of any examples you may have on the topic. If that is how you feel, then so be it. It is never my intention to overstep my bounds or to offend, but if I do I sincerely apologize, for again, that was never my intention.
HiTech

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #173 on: May 09, 2014, 04:01:00 PM »
I see, thanks for the clarification.

While I can't say I know of any examples you may have on the topic. If that is how you feel, then so be it. It is never my intention to overstep my bounds or to offend, but if I do I sincerely apologize, for again, that was never my intention.

Let's just call it a day on this.  The whole thing makes my hair hurt.

See you guys tonight so come kill me if you can...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline TheForce

• Zinc Member
« Reply #174 on: May 09, 2014, 04:03:17 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:13:04 PM by hitech »

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: May 09, 2014, 04:04:18 PM »
See rule #2
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:13:27 PM by hitech »
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: May 09, 2014, 04:12:16 PM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:13:16 PM by hitech »
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: May 09, 2014, 04:13:17 PM »
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:13:50 PM by hitech »
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Fish42

• AvA Staff Member
  • Silver Member
« Reply #178 on: May 09, 2014, 04:17:51 PM »

Protesting a rule with aggressive imagery (yes a clenched fist is) in every thread is different to showing support of the addition of a plane to the game. Coming just after a flood of 12 threads it was an overt show of disrespect to the owners and others on this forum.

I personally do not care if the country swap time stays or is lowered.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 04:19:47 PM by Fish42 »

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: May 09, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »
Protesting a rule with aggressive imagery (yes a clenched fist is) in every thread is different to showing support of the addition of a plane to the game. Coming just after a flood of 12 threads it was an overt show of disrespect to the owners and others on this forum.

I personally do not care if the country swap time stays or is lowered.

I did not feel that it was aggressive.  In fact, I didn't even feel mildly threatened...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.