Author Topic: F-35  (Read 14841 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
F-35
« on: May 08, 2014, 05:40:54 PM »
The F35 has arrived at luke AFB in Phoenix, Arizona.

I live just 10 minutes from the base, in the landing pattern just before they turn final.

I am in Heaven.

http://www.luke.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123410034
Wag more, bark less.

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Re: F-35
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 05:42:08 PM »
See rule 14
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 05:49:36 PM by hitech »
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 06:29:59 PM »
Are you going to go and see it?  If I was in your shoes and nearby, I would want to see it fly, and most of all hear what it sounds like with that single engine.

I didn't know you were from AZ, most of my family comes from Scottsdale, and the ones that didn't move up to Canada right around the time I was born moved up into Happy Jack. 

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:07:36 PM »
See rule #4 & 2
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 08:33:41 PM by hitech »
Retired

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »
Joint Strike Failure.   Just So Failed.   The 21st Century F-111 (or even F2A) just less capable.  The Flanker will pwn that thing.

They need to cancel it and restart the F-22 line.

Still cool you get to see it.  I saw the demonstrator in London.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:19:54 PM »
Total waste of taxpayer money
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »
Joint Strike Failure.   Just So Failed.   The 21st Century F-111 (or even F2A) just less capable.  The Flanker will pwn that thing.

A wing loading of 107 pounds per square foot seems a little high.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 09:22:58 PM »
Total waste of taxpayer money

I cried when the Comanche project ended, I always thought it was going to be the next stealth helicopter with a variety of roles to fill for the Army.

I can understand the F-35, USAF/USMC/Navy all will use it, unfortunately from what I remember, nobody bothered to check whether the arresting gear would work for it. Can it still bother to land on carriers yet?
JG 52

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2014, 09:58:28 PM »
Always amazes me how many people just trash something that they probably dont know anything about. Yes, they fixed the carrier tail hook and it will start carrier testing later this year. Things are looking good for the program. All testing is going good here. Yes there are hic-ups, but what program didnt. My plane is flying great. We are hitting many test points, and the ones we miss, we are going back, making sure we get it right, then fly it again. The F-35 is twice as loud as an F-16, and I would compare it to a F-22 taking off noise wise. How is it a waste of taxpayer money? Do you have proof? How did it fail? Proof? Just curious how people make these claims, but no proof to back it up. Apparently we are doing something right, Turkey just secured a order of 100. Japan has bought 50. South Korea just placed an order. From what I have seen, the flanker will never know the F-35 is there till its too late. This plane has a lot of amazing things going on with it, its a shame the general public only knows little of it....

BTW, if your curious about how I may know this. I am a Crew Chief on the F-35 at Edwards AFB, AF-03 is my bird.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »

The flanker won't get close enough to see it.  Ain't gonna be any dogfights in the world of BVRAAM.  He who targets first and last wins.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 10:05:37 PM »
Always amazes me how many people just trash something that they probably dont know anything about. Yes, they fixed the carrier tail hook and it will start carrier testing later this year. Things are looking good for the program. All testing is going good here. Yes there are hic-ups, but what program didnt. My plane is flying great. We are hitting many test points, and the ones we miss, we are going back, making sure we get it right, then fly it again. The F-35 is twice as loud as an F-16, and I would compare it to a F-22 taking off noise wise. How is it a waste of taxpayer money? Do you have proof? How did it fail? Proof? Just curious how people make these claims, but no proof to back it up. Apparently we are doing something right, Turkey just secured a order of 100. Japan has bought 50. South Korea just placed an order. From what I have seen, the flanker will never know the F-35 is there till its too late. This plane has a lot of amazing things going on with it, its a shame the general public only knows little of it....

BTW, if your curious about how I may know this. I am a Crew Chief on the F-35 at Edwards AFB, AF-03 is my bird.

I probably know more about it than you.  Don't buy the LockMart hype.  The airplane is over budget, hugely behind schedule, and cannot survive emerging threats.   The Super Hornet brings far more to the fight than the Joint Strike Failure.

The thing is garbage.

The avionics don't work.

The helmet doesn't work.

Compromises to cram the lift fan into the design for the Marines wrecked it.  

Bulkhead failures.

Hundreds of hours in depot post-delivery to fix screw ups.

Massive electrical problems due to insufficient cooling.

Not enough ordnance to fight its way into a target.

Can't go high enough to get any range.

Awful kinematics.

Creates persistent vortex trails that  can be detected from hundreds of miles.

I could go on for a week.

Without someone to pave the way this thing is dead meat.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 10:06:25 PM »

Ok, I love THIS guy.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 10:07:49 PM »

I probably know more about it than you.  Don't buy the LockMart hype.  The airplane is over budget, hugely behind schedule, and cannot survive emerging threats.   The Super Hornet brings far more to the fight than the Joint Strike Failure.

The thing is garbage.

The avionics don't work.

The helmet doesn't work.

Compromises to cram the lift fan into the design for the Marines wrecked it.  

Bulkhead failures.

Hundreds of hours in depot post-delivery to fix screw ups.

Massive electrical problems due to insufficient cooling.

Not enough ordnance to fight its way into a target.

Can't go high enough to get any range.

Awful kinematics.

Creates persistent vortex trails that  can be detected from hundreds of miles.

I could go on for a week.

Without someone to pave the way this thing is dead meat.

Ok, I'll bite.  How do you know more than an active wing crew chief?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 10:09:09 PM »
The flanker won't get close enough to see it.  Ain't gonna be any dogfights in the world of BVRAAM.  He who targets first and last wins.

The Flanker will extend away from the puny AMRAAM shot and then run the JSF down and kill it.

The stealth on the JSF is not stealthy at all.   Only front aspect and only one band.  The Flanker can out persist, out maneuver, out gun, outrun, and has a longer pole length.   JSF is garbage.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 10:10:38 PM »

The Flanker will extend away from the puny AMRAAM shot and then run the JSF down and kill it.

The stealth on the JSF is not stealthy at all.   Only front aspect and only one band.  The Flanker can out persist, out maneuver, out gun, outrun, and has a longer pole length.   JSF is garbage.

Sources please...