Author Topic: F-35  (Read 16975 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: F-35
« Reply #240 on: May 12, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »
A bit more about the plane types Brewsters shot down for those who have genuine interest regarding the subject:

This list should cover all kills claimed by LLv24 and LLv26 (those are the only squadrons that operated the type):http://www.warbirdforum.com/scores.htm

Rough numbers of types shot down:

88 I-153/I-15bis
53 MiGs
50 I-16s
47 Yak-series (added Spitfires here as they were usually misidentified Yaks)
44 Hurricanes
43 LaGG-3s
34 La-5s
25 Pe-2s
5 P-40s

I'll let everybody draw their own conclusions based on that list. But as can be seen that should debunk the "Brewsters only shot down I-15s and I-16s-myth".

Those were their primary opponent.   15s,16s, and 153s...   Along with mostly inferior types.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #241 on: May 12, 2014, 09:34:18 PM »
Back on topic please.

Vraciu was explaining how a 30 year old Russia fighter, with the radar cross section of the Crimea is going to establish air supremacy  because the F-35 is going to enter service.

Please continue explaining that fantasy....
Who is John Galt?

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: May 12, 2014, 09:53:09 PM »
Back on topic please.

Vraciu was explaining how a 30 year old Russia fighter, with the radar cross section of the Crimea is going to establish air supremacy  because the F-35 is going to enter service.

Please continue explaining that fantasy....

Here's the kicker, in 2016 Russia is phasing out its Mig-29s and Su-27s for the Sukhoi PAK FA. The Flanker and Mig-29 have really no chance against the JSF in a 4 on 4 dogfight, however this new Russian fighter already has over 600 hours of flight testing and suppose to be in pre-production.

Question will be how is the JSF going to fair against the first 5th generation Russian fighter.
JG 52

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #243 on: May 12, 2014, 10:08:12 PM »
Here's the kicker, in 2016 Russia is phasing out its Mig-29s and Su-27s for the Sukhoi PAK FA. The Flanker and Mig-29 have really no chance against the JSF in a 4 on 4 dogfight, however this new Russian fighter already has over 600 hours of flight testing and suppose to be in pre-production.

Question will be how is the JSF going to fair against the first 5th generation Russian fighter.

That's a proper question. An perhaps, the answer lies in how stealthy the PAK really is, and how good the weapon systems are.

But I still think you have to look at fighter as a component in a global air combat system that includes satellites, ground and ship based radars, cruise missiles, central command centers etc.  The F-35 is an integrated piece of a larger system.  looking at a plane vs plane only scenario is yesterthink in my opinion.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #244 on: May 12, 2014, 11:16:22 PM »

PAK FA is a problem.  So is the Su-27 and Su-30.   Anyone who thinks otherwise is dreaming.  The JSF will be lunch meat against either one.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #245 on: May 12, 2014, 11:19:23 PM »
That's a proper question. An perhaps, the answer lies in how stealthy the PAK really is, and how good the weapon systems are.

But I still think you have to look at fighter as a component in a global air combat system that includes satellites, ground and ship based radars, cruise missiles, central command centers etc.  The F-35 is an integrated piece of a larger system.  looking at a plane vs plane only scenario is yesterthink in my opinion.  :salute

Integrated with what?  Fewer than 100 combat coded F-22s?   F-16s that are questionably survivable?  F-15s that are falling apart?

The JSF won't even have the F-16s performance.   It will be closer to the Super Hornet, which happens to have greater capability in terms of weapons and decoys.  The SH isn't survivable either.

Our air power roadmap is a giant fail.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #246 on: May 12, 2014, 11:58:51 PM »
Ok. Well played Vraciu. You simply have to be trolling and I admit you have done well, it is the only explanation. There is no way anyone could be that obtuse.

Well played  :aok
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #247 on: May 13, 2014, 12:41:17 AM »
Ok. Well played Vraciu. You simply have to be trolling and I admit you have done well, it is the only explanation. There is no way anyone could be that obtuse.

Well played  :aok

You guys think this airplane can take on the SU-27/SU-30/PAK-FA when it can't even match the F-16?  LOL.

As I told our Crew Chief friend, call me when the airplane is cleared for IMC.  

The stupid thing can't even fly cross country without an emergency abort.   They come out of production and immediately go to depot for modifications.   The bulkheads are cracking.  The avionics don't work.  It is a decade behind schedule. The thing is a boondoggle.   A one-size-fits-none airplane that is incapable of being anything valuable due to all the compromises made to accommodate so many differing requirements.

The Marines screwed everyone on this one with their idol worship of VTOL (something this airplane can't do either and actually have a payload).
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 12:43:12 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #248 on: May 13, 2014, 04:26:36 AM »

Well played  :aok

Played poorly I think. He has made a fool out of himself not just with his silly, non educated generalizations but he also claimed falsely to be a military pilot. Or at least a Pilot who has been in a military. I call people like that a "Liar" personally and I cant imagine why anyone would even bother responding to this guy.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #249 on: May 13, 2014, 05:19:24 AM »
You guys think this airplane can take on the SU-27/SU-30/PAK-FA when it can't even match the F-16?  LOL.

As I told our Crew Chief friend, call me when the airplane is cleared for IMC.  

The stupid thing can't even fly cross country without an emergency abort.   They come out of production and immediately go to depot for modifications.   The bulkheads are cracking.  The avionics don't work.  It is a decade behind schedule. The thing is a boondoggle.   A one-size-fits-none airplane that is incapable of being anything valuable due to all the compromises made to accommodate so many differing requirements.

The Marines screwed everyone on this one with their idol worship of VTOL (something this airplane can't do either and actually have a payload).

I have flown RL F15's and 16's against the F35, and flown the F35 against both, on both occasions the F22 won, I have good friends that have flown in covert combat against multiple Flankers in the F35 and beaten them hands down.

I am in possession of the reports produced by USAF and USN evaluators as regards the avionics and cross country/supercruise performance and all this evidence contradicts what you are saying.

All I have written here is true, only the facts have been changed to protect my argument :old:

The GFC

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #250 on: May 13, 2014, 05:30:02 AM »
I have concrete sources for everything I have said above.

You just have to look them up yourself, or search Yahoo :old:
The GFC

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #251 on: May 13, 2014, 08:09:27 AM »
Played poorly I think. He has made a fool out of himself not just with his silly, non educated generalizations but he also claimed falsely to be a military pilot. Or at least a Pilot who has been in a military. I call people like that a "Liar" personally and I cant imagine why anyone would even bother responding to this guy.

Quote please.

And how would you know one way or the other?

Methinks reading comprehension is in no way your strong suit.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 08:11:13 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #252 on: May 13, 2014, 08:58:36 AM »
All I have written here is true, only the facts have been changed to protect my argument :old:

:aok :lol
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #253 on: May 13, 2014, 09:57:54 AM »
Always amazes me how many people just trash something that they probably dont know anything about. Yes, they fixed the carrier tail hook and it will start carrier testing later this year. Things are looking good for the program. All testing is going good here. Yes there are hic-ups, but what program didnt. My plane is flying great. We are hitting many test points, and the ones we miss, we are going back, making sure we get it right, then fly it again. The F-35 is twice as loud as an F-16, and I would compare it to a F-22 taking off noise wise. How is it a waste of taxpayer money? Do you have proof? How did it fail? Proof? Just curious how people make these claims, but no proof to back it up. Apparently we are doing something right, Turkey just secured a order of 100. Japan has bought 50. South Korea just placed an order. From what I have seen, the flanker will never know the F-35 is there till its too late. This plane has a lot of amazing things going on with it, its a shame the general public only knows little of it....

BTW, if your curious about how I may know this. I am a Crew Chief on the F-35 at Edwards AFB, AF-03 is my bird.
Gotta love edwards. Was out in the desert when an f117 flew over d. Devilish sound.
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #254 on: May 13, 2014, 10:55:02 AM »
It's all contracted out to the lowest bidder. Gotta love it.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek