Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 23917 times)

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2014, 01:22:31 AM »
We to this day are still working merges/judging energy states/torque rolls  :joystick: ect ect, week by week progress is exponential for us, but I digress.

Skyyr didn't perceive you as an enemy, nor did you perceive him as an enemy. This was more Competitive Curiosity turned "Training".

For that you post you beat Skyyr 0-9, blatantly and conveniently leaving out the fact that the duels were done nearly 2 months ago, and the context in which the duels took place.

Deluded? Name one point above that is a blatant lie, or half truth as your initiation of this thread was without giving the full story.

Dolby stated clearly in the op "friendly training."

Your claim that context is missing is delusional.

But the real delusion that everyone sees except your squad is evident in your statement...

You think because those duels assumed some kind of "friendliness" that changes the outcome.  

Many players in this game fly for the fun of it and don't take it too seriously. Others enjoy impossible odds and willingly take on hopeless situations.

So you can safely assume the majority aren't out their equating death in the game to death in real life like skyy seems to.

The fact is, dolby boasting about duel wins in an assumed "friendly fight" is no lower than skyy claiming god like status for killing a population of people who's top priority isn't "zero death game stats."

As a matter of fact, both are one and the same, only dolby seems to be parodying skyy, your people seem to actually believe perfecting the most timid and skilless style makes you superior.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2014, 01:51:16 AM »
Well yes, what I'm  I'm discussing is indeed tangential to this thread. I was merely questioning this:

Which I do not find to be true. It believe it eminently possible to be good at the formal matched plane duel but have trouble in dissimilar plane energy fighting or multiple bandit situations, as well as vis versa. For example, early on in my career I joined a good squad, the now defunct ~Air Raiders, and we scrimmaged constantly in the DA. It didn't take much of that practice before I found I would usually win a "fair" similar plane fight against the average pilot encountered one-on-one in the MA. But my dueling skills weren't nearly as useful in other situations, such as many-on-many fights, the sort quick defensive ACM against sudden attack you need in the MA, or most especially when it came to killing more maneuverable fighters with energy tactics. The venerable Zazen also wrote something on that subject once, mentioning a pilot he knew who was brilliant at 1v1 ACM but had real trouble being even average in the chaotic MA, and thus was extremely frustrated. I was something like that pilot Zazen spoke of at this stage of my career, and it was indeed frustrating to get killed when I knew I could have trounced all or most of the bandits in a "fair fight". I think such frustration is behind a lot of the hostility that gets traded on these boards.  On a historical note I am reminded of how, IIRC, the best Japanese pilots of WWII were probably without peer in a 1v1 dogfight because that is what there training emphasized. However, they eventually suffered terrible attrition because the American fighter pilots learned to hit and run against the more maneuverable Japanese fighters, and work as a team.

ok I am not gonna argue the point with you....what I am gonna do is point to where in your own words....confirm what I am saying.

BnZ is easier to stay alive ingame and in TRW....that is what I am saying.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2014, 03:19:27 AM »
Dude...

your CO got killed in every single fair fight he accepted yet you come here, agressively bragging about Dolby being such a bad guy? Isnt the youtube full of your CO's vids of him being awesome in uneven conditions?
Hypocricy meter is blinking like mofo everywhere you step.

Well i might be a bit rude here:
you dudes know NOTHING about air combat. All you can do is pick then beat your chest. Noone approves this behaviour? Well then everyone sucks! Keep going, vraciu, the ban hammer might be close by.

One more note: while Dolby flyes the E4 very well, he isnt top notch in the D9 as it is not his main ride. Still, he won in 2-3 turns every single time. Furthermore, several 2-3 turns deaths are a clear sign of huge differences in the duelist's skill level, ergo Dolby easily PWNED your CO in "his own ride" every time he couldnt run away. Your fail is awesome  :lol

Still trying to spoof the suckage with agressive posts, eh? Go for it!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:28:43 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2014, 04:09:17 AM »
You know what Kruel, after reading your "facts", I take exception the insinuation that training with me will lead to humiliation in public. So, you can have Skyyr put his films on that account of yours. If you want to bring anything to light other than your bs, the ball is in his court.

It wasn't strictly just training (as proved by the banter leading up to it) or just Dora's to begin with. I always allow my called out opponent to pick the first aircraft, along with downed man picks next. And as I always have, requested the deck merge guns cold first merge. Something everyone knows that has accepted a call out from me. We ended up in 109s on his request also.

As far as I am concerned they are all legit, the fact I call it the 109s a training of sorts is because I was giving out hints, and he doesn't usually tool around the MA in a 109; I'm extending a courtesy by calling it such.
When I give out tips and hints to someone to beat me/fight better, wouldn't it defeat the point if they suddenly decided not to try and fly for the kill.
I try out different things all the time in duels, what of it? Should I tell the people I have duelled that their victory over me doesn't count because I was trying something different, no of course not, so don't press such a bloody stupid point.
It could be said that in my eyes, I never felt that he was ever trying to kill me with his Dora flying anyway, which is why I started giving away a few hints and telling him of pilots to go for training from.

It became public because of yourself and the cheer leader, I made a training aid, 2 birds 1 film.

If you think a rematch is in order, I accept.
If the result should change, so be it.
I've seen his youtube, should he win, I know it will be on there.

Training aids aren't generally scored.

So the dog ate your films?

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2014, 06:52:07 AM »

:)

An interesting and insightful observation.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2014, 07:54:07 AM »

The smack talk from Skyyr prior made the duel, me being who I am couldn't help but not help.
Duels I turned into a training aid, because that style of getting shot down I train out of people.
These duels are the best examples I have, and they fix Kruels bad statistics, as I said; 2 birds 1 stone.

It doesn't matter if I produce my films or Skyyr produces his films.
They are proclaiming Skyyr wasn't trying, they can prove it.

Just for his cheer leaders, every time I see Skyyr online, I'll ask him into the DA as chance for him to get even. Can't say fairer than that.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2014, 08:08:10 AM »

BnZ is easier to stay alive ingame and in TRW....that is what I am saying.

Ah yes. AH's very own versions of the 'Original Sin'.  :lol

So consider the following two scenarios:

1. Sitting off a base on a 3-5K perch in a P47, P51 or Dora waiting on uppers to take off and killing them as they do so, low on E and unable to fight back. As more planes take off the attacker zoom climbs back to his perch to maintain separation and E superiority over the enemy (call this 'vulching').

2. Setting off a base on a 3-5K perch in a 109K or Ki84 watching as uppers lift off and attempt to climb to engage. The attacker kills each in turn as they close, starved of E and helpless. As more planes take off the attacker uses the superior climbing characteristics of his/her plane to maintain separation and E superiority over the enemy (call this 'roping').

Based off these two scenarios, please answer the following questions:

1.) Which is the more effective killing technique? Please explain your reasoning.

2.) Which technique is more fair to the base defenders i. e. Given both attackers start with an advantage, which technique provides the defenders a better chance of neutralizing the advantage.

3.) Which technique provides the attacker the best opportunity to extend and escape as the attackers advantages dwindle (assume the attacker would want to do so).

4.) Which technique requires greater skill of the attacker to maintain his/her advantage? Please explain your reasoning.

5.) Which technique is more 'honorable' to employ and why?

6.) Similar to question 2, but putting yourself in the shoes of the base defenders, which technique will be perceived by the defender as being more fair?

Thanks... I look forward to your answers.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2014, 08:24:01 AM »

Ah yes. AH's very own versions of the 'Original Sin'.  :lol

So consider the following two scenarios:

1. Sitting off a base on a 3-5K perch in a P47, P51 or Dora waiting on uppers to take off and killing them as they do so, low on E and unable to fight back. As more planes take off the attacker zoom climbs back to his perch to maintain separation and E superiority over the enemy (call this 'vulching').

2. Setting off a base on a 3-5K perch in a 109K or Ki84 watching as uppers lift off and attempt to climb to engage. The attacker kills each in turn as they close, starved of E and helpless. As more planes take off the attacker uses the superior climbing characteristics of his/her plane to maintain separation and E superiority over the enemy (call this 'roping').

Based off these two scenarios, please answer the following questions:

1.) Which is the more effective killing technique? Please explain your reasoning.

2.) Which technique is more fair to the base defenders i. e. Given both attackers start with an advantage, which technique provides the defenders a better chance of neutralizing the advantage.

3.) Which technique provides the attacker the best opportunity to extend and escape as the attackers advantages dwindle (assume the attacker would want to do so).

4.) Which technique requires greater skill of the attacker to maintain his/her advantage? Please explain your reasoning.

5.) Which technique is more 'honorable' to employ and why?

6.) Similar to question 2, but putting yourself in the shoes of the base defenders, which technique will be perceived by the defender as being more fair?

Thanks... I look forward to your answers.

In the context of this thread, I fail to see how any of this is relevant.
I'm not sure the point you are trying to make, Dolby didn't use any of the tactics you stated, he met Skyrr in a co-alt, co-E merge and then repeatedly killed him. :headscratch:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2014, 08:25:32 AM »
Fulcrum, Vulching is killing an aircraft with it wheels still on the runway. You're describing cherry picking.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2014, 08:30:11 AM »
Okay, I'll be brave and volunteer an answer, since I have approximately zero rep to protect.

Not that I would know, having never engaged in these despicable acts, but, I'd venture that roping is generally more difficult because, while it can be done outside the flak umbrella (the sole offset, in this case), it does allow the enemy some time and latitude. I.e., if the flak umbrella extends to 5k and you wait for uppers to reach that approximate alt before shoving a chunk of exploding steel down their gullets, you've also given then all the opportunities that go with 5k - an alt which can be converted into considerable escape speed or a variety of maneuvers. I'd also say the rope requires more skill in terms of planning, estimation of the enemy's e-state in general cases (doesn't completely obtain in this one, since you could possibly know the entire sortie history for your prospective kill), and maneuver - since the vulch is a fairly simple dive-zoom-repeat with perhaps some high-speed evasive thrown in for the benefit of the flak chuckers.

As for the perception by the enemy, I don't think either is going to be perceived as anything but what it is: a stacked deck - aka, the kind of situation I, er, some awful people, like.

And your point is..?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2014, 08:31:25 AM »
Fulcrum, Vulching is killing an aircraft with it wheels still on the runway. You're describing cherry picking.

The term vulching is rather elastic these days, but you are correct.  :)

You are also correct it's not relevant to this thread. I'll go post a new one!  :old:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2014, 08:32:08 AM »
He made a name for himself all right.   Was mocked and ridiculed repeatedly on country and on 200 to the point he PMed me to ask why.  At the time I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to reassure him.  He even started a thread over it.   Boy was I a poor judge of things at the time...

I have it right.  I also note that you sh-t on every thread you are in.   :aok  (People don't like you much better than him, tbqh.)

Too bad this post will get squelched.  The truth needs to come out. 

Call it anyway you want. I'd much rather have the name he has made for himself over the years he has been here than the one your making for yourself in the MONTHS you have been here.

As nobody likes me and you have hurt my little feelings I think I will move on.

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2014, 08:39:05 AM »
Pies not kicks.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2014, 08:41:34 AM »

I am just an honest seeker of truth and enlightenment, Godzilla-san.  :D

Well reasoned response. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:03:30 AM by Zerstorer »

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2014, 08:55:10 AM »
Call it anyway you want. I'd much rather have the name he has made for himself over the years he has been here than the one your making for yourself in the MONTHS you have been here.

As nobody likes me and you have hurt my little feelings I think I will move on.

You just pulled the "lesser of 2 evils" card... I don't like that  :cry
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho