Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 23895 times)

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2014, 05:09:44 PM »
I can't even get Skyyr to go to the DA with me.  :cry

-------------------------------------------------------------

I think if you aren't going to argue Dolby down in this thread about his "fighting" skills against Skyyr
you should go to the Dueling Arena and attempt to shut Dolby up. Thread just going to keep going on
and on and on. I understand everyone is attempting to defend their squad-mates here. Your squaddie lost,
not much you can do about that except accept it OR you can try and avenge your squaddie but that would
more than likely just end up in more embarrassment.

I have seen The Damned boys around but never really got around to fighting many of them besides Kruel.
Hell, I even gave Kruel some tips when he first come to AH. He is doing better, as I have fought him in his
F4U a few times. Seems humble, this thread is starting to speak louder. Vraciu, I have never even seen
you land kills let alone seen you in the arena. I see you more on the bbs than I do on the game and I have
been flying a lot lately. Skyyr has made a reputation for himself, whether it be good or bad its his fault.
Everyone knows him as AKAK but in a Dora.

I guess all I am trying to say is, shut up or fly? Is that hard?  :joystick:

-------------------------------------------------------------

I will DA anybody, I suck though.  :(
Top Gun

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2014, 05:20:02 PM »
You make a good point, I shall say no more or have this take up anymore of my time.

The Damned know where to find me and the DA is always open.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

HOST: HiTech Shot Down Skyyr Kill#1

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2014, 05:22:52 PM »
Yes, bartender! I'll have what he's drinking.

I don't know what thread you are reading but what I see is a clash of egos. The ego attached to the more skilled pilot won.

I see that as well. My opinion though:the only reason Skyyr draws fire is the banter and trash-talking. He's otherwise no worse, and probably better skill-wise, than many. People generally don't like to lose but it's a hell of a lot easier to swallow if you're not getting your nose rubbed in it. Egos react to egos -and maybe they should.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2014, 05:40:24 PM »
I see that as well. My opinion though:the only reason Skyyr draws fire is the banter and trash-talking. He's otherwise no worse, and probably better skill-wise, than many. People generally don't like to lose but it's a hell of a lot easier to swallow if you're not getting your nose rubbed in it. Egos react to egos -and maybe they should.

And I agree with you on this. Maybe I don't get it because I'm more humble than most of the player base. The chest thumping and ego fluffing is why I detuned from 200 in the first place, it just gets old after a while. I wouldn't say that Skyyr is the worst with this (that would probably have to go to Tosh), but a little bit of humility is never a bad thing in anyone and would help make him seem like less of a dick. A lot of players in the game have a ego attached to them and this cases some to get verbal when the lose. I have more respect for the guys that hold their tongue, whether they won or lost, and conduct themselves in a respectable manor. There are also a few other players that fit into this category and a few of them I'm sure most of us are familiar with.

I get PMs from butt hurt players all the time after I kill them but rather than trash talk with them, I just respond with a smiley face and go on about my business.

As for the original video, I think that Skyyr got what was coming to him. Now he seems to have taken the fight to heard because I've heard that he refuses to accept any more DA challenges. It seems to have left a permanent scar on his ego. Don't get me wrong, I think that he's great at BnZ and energy conservation, but ACM wise, he's got a lot to learn. Hell, I've been playing for 5 years and I only recently started getting the hang of it.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2014, 05:49:45 PM »
Now FLS, surely you realize it isn't quite as simple as that...

Actually I am positive it is that simple.  Either you can win a fair fight against the same aircraft or you can't.  Picking the low hanging fruit is also a skill but it won't help you in a fair fight.

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »
Maybe I don't get it because I'm more humble than most of the player base.

Oh the irony with this statement.  :) I've always found you to be a humble and skilled pilot in our few encounters, but I just thought it was funny. My Grandpa once wore a button that said "I'm Humble."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2014, 05:58:42 PM »
You make a good point, I shall say no more or have this take up anymore of my time.
 ;)
The Damned know where to find me and the DA is always open.
:)
Excellent sir. And always happy to have fun in the DA. You can usually find me in the lake swarmed by Rowdy Ones Brewteens at least part of the night. Bring Deadstik! He's always a good chap and fun to smack around...tho’ I admit the last part has become more difficult in recent months due to your teaching.  :joystick:  :lol :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2014, 06:22:37 PM »
Strawman? Not at all! And there have been many witch threads over the years... Too many to count! Some deserved, others maybe not. So why all the fuss? If you or others have an issue take it to the DA or be done with it and zip it. So far in the past few days I've received PMs from some individuals about this subject. One called me a "scumbag" for defending someone they felt was 'of the worse kind“, yet that person hasn't played the game in six months and has never engaged or even met him! Wow... Paging Captain Prejudgement! It's not required.. Take it to the DA or don't and drop it.

lol... this thread started because it was taken to the DA. 

You're fencing with me because it's your squaddie, and that's commendable and all, but the fact remains that talented pilots who don't talk unwarranted trash don't get threads like this made about them.  Mediocre pilots who brag about picking and and being pragmatic do.  You know this already. 

You have a new responsibility Fulcrum.  You must pass on your wisdom in AH matters before your squad mates cross the Rubicon.  There is still time if you act quickly.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2014, 06:43:49 PM »
:)
Excellent sir. And always happy to have fun in the DA. You can usually find me in the lake swarmed by Rowdy Ones Brewteens at least part of the night. Bring Deadstik! He's always a good chap and fun to smack around...tho’ I admit the last part has become more difficult in recent months due to your teaching.  :joystick:  :lol :salute

I haven't done any teaching with Dead for a while. I think he has taken the Latrobe approach to learning recently which has helped him. He's even dragged me head long into many cons in a 5k or less Hurri mk1 :eek:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2014, 07:51:44 PM »
lol... this thread started because it was taken to the DA. 

You're fencing with me because it's your squaddie, and that's commendable and all, but the fact remains that talented pilots who don't talk unwarranted trash don't get threads like this made about them.  Mediocre pilots who brag about picking and and being pragmatic do.  You know this already. 

You have a new responsibility Fulcrum.  You must pass on your wisdom in AH matters before your squad mates cross the Rubicon.  There is still time if you act quickly.

This thread got started because the OP wants to use someone else, along with some truth fudging, to make a name for himself.   :aok 
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Name Redacted
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 08:13:25 PM »

This thread got started because the OP wants to use someone else, along with some truth fudging, to make a name for himself.   :aok 

:rofl

Forget Damned; The Deluded
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2014, 08:37:55 PM »
:rofl

Forget Damned; The Deluded

can we say.......bingo

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2014, 08:54:02 PM »

As for the original video, I think that Skyyr got what was coming to him. Now he seems to have taken the fight to heard because I've heard that he refuses to accept any more DA challenges.

That's a pity, both for him and for those further down the ladder who could conceivably learn from him.

Contempt prior to investigation damns people to ignorance. Humility allows the owner to concede the point that self-improvement is possible.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2014, 09:27:14 PM »
That's a pity, both for him and for those further down the ladder who could conceivably learn from him.

Contempt prior to investigation damns people to ignorance. Humility allows the owner to concede the point that self-improvement is possible.

If your point is to denigrate the guy (Skyyr) you are attacking the wrong person.  He has a ton of knowledge that he offers willingly to anyone who asks, spending as much time, and with as much patience necessary, to insure it is learned.  Others on here post out of context videos to "prove" their manhood for self-aggrandizement.  See the OP for Exhibit A.

Dolby was about to get caught in a lie.  He has made an effort to get ahead of it.  The groupie cheerleading squad is attempting to diffuse it through volume over substance.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 09:29:57 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Name Redacted
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2014, 09:30:23 PM »

I have seen The Damned boys around but never really got around to fighting many of them besides Kruel.
Hell, I even gave Kruel some tips when he first come to AH. He is doing better, as I have fought him in his
F4U a few times. Seems humble, this thread is starting to speak louder.

Yeah I fought you in a K4 right?, good fights, TBH that was like the 3rd time I flew the F4(i mainly fly LA7 or Dora, only because i rolled from the CV. I am humble, but I am also a very objective person. I like things to be clear and in-line with the truth. Believe me, if this was legit I wouldn't be speaking.