Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 22502 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2014, 11:05:59 PM »
I can't speak for Kruel's but my mechanics are awesome.  They are the best in the industry.   Good guys.

Is this some kind of joke.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2014, 11:49:58 PM »
Is this some kind of joke.

:headscratch:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #242 on: June 05, 2014, 12:45:10 AM »
I'll be on around 11 ET.

See ya Friday.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #243 on: June 05, 2014, 05:35:35 AM »
see you don't read at all what is said. :rolleyes:

c'mon man....please tell me when I ever said I want 1vs1 in the MA....

this is the crap that gets me.... :headscratch:

I said I attack the biggest red dars there is...have always said that....

how do you get from what I type.....I want 1vs1 fights?

So you are basically looking to get attacked by a gang, presumably because you no longer find fighting just one person challenging? That's fine. But if you do that while simultaneously denigrating people for daring to attack with superior numbers ("gangtarding"), the cognitive dissonance approaches mental illness.  :devil

and the MA is a game about COMBAT more then it is a game about "team tactics"
Robert Shaw literally wrote the book on fighter combat, unsurprisingly titled "Fighter Combat". Literally half the book is devoted to flying a fighter as part of a team with other fighters, against other fighters in groups. That is generally how fighters have tended to encounter each other in war, singleton operations and 1v1 "duels" being the exception.  When two opposing groups of fighters encounter one another, the side which communicates and coordinates better has an enormous advantage. In the MA, one can also generally expect to meet the enemy in groups. Now, one has a few options here. One may fly as a singleton and try to do one's best. One may avoid the MA altogether and simply duel, if that is one's preference. One may try to work with the green guys as a team as best one can, for better results against the red guys. This seems like the most logical thing to do to me, and as a bonus it encourages the study of multiple fighter engagements, which is a whole other world of tactics in addition to the various tactics of 1v1 encounters.

Or one may constantly complain, in-game and on the boards, that the opposition is not fighting fairly in some way. This option seems to me the least proactive and least satisfying, yet it enjoys surprising popularity year after year.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #244 on: June 05, 2014, 06:39:13 AM »
So you are basically looking to get attacked by a gang, presumably because you no longer find fighting just one person challenging? That's fine. But if you do that while simultaneously denigrating people for daring to attack with superior numbers ("gangtarding"), the cognitive dissonance approaches mental illness.  :devil

Robert Shaw literally wrote the book on fighter combat, unsurprisingly titled "Fighter Combat". Literally half the book is devoted to flying a fighter as part of a team with other fighters, against other fighters in groups. That is generally how fighters have tended to encounter each other in war, singleton operations and 1v1 "duels" being the exception.  When two opposing groups of fighters encounter one another, the side which communicates and coordinates better has an enormous advantage. In the MA, one can also generally expect to meet the enemy in groups. Now, one has a few options here. One may fly as a singleton and try to do one's best. One may avoid the MA altogether and simply duel, if that is one's preference. One may try to work with the green guys as a team as best one can, for better results against the red guys. This seems like the most logical thing to do to me, and as a bonus it encourages the study of multiple fighter engagements, which is a whole other world of tactics in addition to the various tactics of 1v1 encounters.

Or one may constantly complain, in-game and on the boards, that the opposition is not fighting fairly in some way. This option seems to me the least proactive and least satisfying, yet it enjoys surprising popularity year after year.

This is true, but the greatest aces hunted alone, Guynemer, Ball, Mannock, Rickenbacker, Buerling et al.

They all had a reputation as loners, and all went looking for kills without help, often attacking large enemy formations single handedly.
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #245 on: June 05, 2014, 08:20:09 AM »
They're on a dropbox;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4yw3vntvjtslaj/Skyyr%20DA.rar

The sad thing is, now I have to admit that I had been flying through the night and actually flying at 7-8am and not 3am. 
:o my brain was so fried it thought it was 3am and made my recollection of it 3am  :o

Thank you FLS, I viewed all them last night, and transcribed them so we can all look at/read what happened. I will post my final thoughts on this when I get home tonight.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #246 on: June 05, 2014, 09:25:25 AM »
You think that know all FLS had anything to do with my posting, they'd been uploaded 13 hours prior  :lol.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #247 on: June 05, 2014, 09:45:22 AM »
You think that know all FLS had anything to do with my posting, they'd been uploaded 13 hours prior  :lol.

Oh I saw when they were uploaded, but I'm thanking him for asking for the film as well..

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #248 on: June 05, 2014, 10:23:55 AM »

Thanks for posting those Dolby. 

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #249 on: June 05, 2014, 10:28:03 AM »
I can't wait to see the context.   :x
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #250 on: June 05, 2014, 11:02:55 AM »
Would be nice to organize a larger scale duel though, all the fighters vs all of the runners. I would bet, numerical superiority wont help ya at all.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2014, 11:05:27 AM »
Would be nice to organize a larger scale duel though, all the fighters vs all of the runners. I would bet, numerical superiority wont help ya at all.

The sheer scope of the film would make this completely unworkable.  Imagine all the text before, during, and after that would have to be analyzed to ensure proper context.

Just thinking of it makes me shudder.   
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #252 on: June 05, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »
The sheer scope of the film would make this completely unworkable.  Imagine all the text before, during, and after that would have to be analyzed to ensure proper context.

Theese tiny little problems  :lol .squelch all  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #253 on: June 05, 2014, 11:28:52 AM »

:lol

Yep. We sure we're running in the lake last night. Did you guys get light headed up there at 15? :lol

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #254 on: June 05, 2014, 11:30:38 AM »
Theese tiny little problems  :lol .squelch all  :aok

There you are! Are you back flying again?  :lol
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.