Author Topic: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr  (Read 21459 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: Cargnico/Dolby Vs Skyyr
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2014, 06:13:29 AM »
Only one person got exposed, shame you can't see it.

:rofl
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2014, 12:08:07 PM »
its supposed to reduce torque pull from the engine, but in my experience working the throttle is much more convenient and has the same effect.

Yeah seems a little lame to me.
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2014, 12:17:30 PM »
its supposed to reduce torque pull from the engine, but in my experience working the throttle is much more convenient and has the same effect.

You are indeed correct but cutting the engine is pretty stupid even when avoiding an overshoot.
Also using throttle could be problematic when working with torque as well because you are risking a lot of e by cutting throttle.
You gotta learn to work with your trim and minimal throttle when it comes to torque. Now when scissoring, that is a whole
new situation.
Top Gun

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2014, 12:20:42 PM »
How do you do that?  You can't learn anything in this game unless you survive. 

Not true, the best teacher is experience. Which sometimes can be failure or not succeeding.
Top Gun

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2014, 12:38:30 PM »
I know guys that have flown in this game for years and still make the same mistakes.  Depends on the person - I am of the opinion you you have to buck human nature and be willing to learn.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2014, 01:05:25 PM »
And yet... he kills. :headscratch:

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »

Skyyr and his group are pretty good at BmZ/Efighting, and they are the kind of guys who make you suffer for not paying attention to the high 190 Icons. However id like to explain I scenario I was apart of a few days ago on the crater map.

I came off from a further back field in a heavy p47N looking to drop a hangar, as I was climbing out it became clear the base take wasn't gonna happen so I punched my ords and looked around for the nearest furball. A sqaudy than informs me of a 152 which has an 15k or so alt cap over our base. I decide to head over there at about 20k or so and see if I can knock him out.

When I make contact with the 152 I dive in for his six and he evades my attack, as I zoom up, I see the 152 diving out so I go right back in on him and begin peppering him from 600-800 out. When I see the 152 is diving in the direction of friendlies I pull up and watch what he does. The two friendly planes he had dove in the direction of were a tempest, and another 152(friendly). Since he had dove away from me, the enemy 152 had now become co alt with the temp and friendly 152, the tempest is able to get him to turn, and the friendly 152 gains his six and shoots him down and Skyyrs name appears in my chat bar as an assist.

Now of course he was out numbered and at an E disadvantage when I showed up, but it was far from a hopeless situation for him. In hind sight, his best option would have been to hold his ground and fight it out with me. The two lower friendlies would have had to work their way up from around  7 or 8k to 15k to make the engagement a 3v1. If he was able to neutralize my E advantage and push/shoot me down he would have retained his Alt cap on the area. By diving out he turned what was a 1 on 1 with an E disadvantage into a 3 on 1 with a still present E disadvantage.

To be honest, I'm sure he would have rather me be the one killing him in a 1v1 than the person who ended up doing it but that's besides the point. The point is engaging from the initial disadvantage was actually his best move, but avoiding a unfavorable confrontation ended up putting him into an even worse situation. I'm not one to say he whether or not he's good in a defensive or co-E fight, but its pretty clear from the duels that his ability as a TnB fighter is no where near the same as the his ability as a BmZ/E fighter.

Please don't look at this as some sort of attack on the skyyr or his group, its just an observation I wanted to share. He's a good at what he does and to be honest, when we are both in the same furball, He sends me to the tower more times than I do him.
Just better hope I don't come in at your alt ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:22:13 PM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2014, 03:20:06 PM »
Please don't look at this as some sort of attack on the skyyr or his group, its just an observation I wanted to share.

I honestly don't look at any of these posts as being an attack on The Damned.  I just find some of the posts as curious.  Not yours, which was well-reasoned and phrased in a polite manner.  So :salute sir...I knew there was a reason I liked you.  :)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2014, 06:54:51 PM »

But not in a fair duel against Dolby.  Which I'm guessing was the point. To be fair, you won't duel at your best without experience and recent practice.

If you only practice dueling then BnZ is not difficult but the reverse is not true. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2014, 07:35:34 PM »
Why does he keep shutting down his engine?

It's an old gamey trick that has been around in AH for many years.  Some do it in co-Energy engagements thinking that by turning their engine off, they can bleed enough E to get inside of the of their (now faster) opponent in a turn fight.  Hblair made use of this famous when he used to play.  Some others think that it will help them mitigate the torque effects, which like the other reason is just a fallacy and any benefits are solely in the mind of the beholder.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2014, 08:28:30 PM »
You actually bleed speed more quickly if you just throttle all the way back and leave the engine on from what I can tell. I personally think that if someone shuts down their engine in flight, it should take the appropriate amount of time to start it back up (ie: going through the whole start up procedure).

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2014, 11:00:35 PM »
Skyyr? Where art the damned Skyyr?

No comments?

Vraciu trying to do it for ya don't count.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2014, 12:41:09 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:48:06 PM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2014, 05:40:40 AM »
This one's headed for he lock box as well. IN.

For the record, I got shot down by Skyyr's 152 the other day. He had a high cap going over the base and BnZed me after some brief attempts, on my part, to force an overshoot. I don't believe this makes him an irredeemable bastage, though i was mildly annoyed at myself for letting it happen. It's always so tempting to up at a capped base... after all, there is no waiting for combat.

I think its just a matter of what you want from the game; the flying/fighting style you choose. For example, I was trying the F4u-1 briefly last week, just for laughs and to see how it feels. I was tip-stalling a lot and it felt like a pig. OTOH, the six view was a little better - or at least easier, imj. It takes more pilot than i, I fear, to win with that thing.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2014, 06:13:02 AM »
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 12:48:28 PM by Skuzzy »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"