Author Topic: Scoring  (Read 5296 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Re: Scoring
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
So because I have a family and work for a living i cant be ranked as high as some kid playing 700 hours in his mom's basement? I'm no superstar, but I'm better than average. Why shouldn't I have the same chance to rank high?  I pay the same subscription you do.

Making the scoring flat and simple doesn't take these other things into consideration.  HTC has built this system the way they have and know the math behind it. If you want to be on the top you have to work for, much like anything else in life.

Life ain't fair, I too work for a living, have 2 babies, and go to school full time. If the kid living in his mom's basement has a better KD, total kills, better hit, then yes it shouldn't be close. Sorry. , HTC isn't perfect,

I DO aspire to one day be on top, but that's my point. I didn't work for #9 attack, I'm clearly not deserving of that rank yet the scoring system puts me there. For now, I guess we'll see where I end up at the end of the tour..then we might revisit this

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2014, 02:34:12 PM »
You were effective, which is why you are #9. The scoring system doesn't need to change.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: June 12, 2014, 03:02:04 PM »

I think you should fight Bruv 1v1 before you throw a tantrum. He is quite good.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: June 12, 2014, 03:11:49 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:58:46 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:21 PM »
Everyone keeps talking about hypothetical 1v5s, but nothing has been produced. I have actually *seen* and been the victim of Bruv fighting 1v3 against myself in an La7, and two other guys in Spits. We were together, we knew that lone SpitVIII was probably Bruv and we wanted to shoot him down. I've been doing this a lot of years and am no fool. He got me fair and square after slaughtering the other two guys fair and square. It's more than aim, he had to balance perfectly between the two pitfalls of staying so fast that he can't hit anything, and losing his energy advantage and being subject to attack from the other two planes while killing one. He did it perfectly. Dude's stats say 13 kills per hour which you absolutely cannot get by making 500mph guns passes and extending a sector. Dude can fight effectively, even against bad odds. To say anything else is inaccuracy.

I see a lot of guys saying being able to stack up the pelts in the MA ain't nothing, because they could purportedly kill the pelt stacker in a duel. I've been through that stage as well. Dueling and the MA success are two related but separate skills. I got a lot happier with the game and less frustrated when I quit expecting the MA to be be "fair".

Also, I notice lots of people showing scorn for flying for score, yet seemingly being very concerned with some alleged bad guys' high score. What's it to you? I don't even bother to read who is on the leaderboards every month. You wanna see true non-concern with score, check fighter ranks for BoNeZ right quick :-)
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: June 12, 2014, 03:17:25 PM »
I could be mistaken, but I don't think you've ever dueled him 1v1 CoE same plane. MA is a sandbox environment and people will fly how they fly. Fight him in the DA before you pass judgment. As for the video, excellent flying, but the point still stands that the opponents were horrible. I could fly around and own the 5 planes in offline all day but it doesn't really show much.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: June 12, 2014, 03:29:58 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:00:33 PM by Skuzzy »
AoM
City of ice

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: June 12, 2014, 03:34:59 PM »
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:00:47 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: June 12, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:01:03 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #129 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:04 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:01:11 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #130 on: June 12, 2014, 03:39:59 PM »
:headscratch: I think you're both off base, and have no problem with sticking up for a friend.
Thats the way we like it.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 12, 2014, 03:40:13 PM »
I DO aspire to one day be on top, but that's my point. I didn't work for #9 attack, I'm clearly not deserving of that rank yet the scoring system puts me there. For now, I guess we'll see where I end up at the end of the tour..then we might revisit this

To cut it short a bit, I ran the numbers. with your current attack score you would have ended up #15 in tour 172.
Which, by the way, nobody else but you would ever had taken notice of (just to put things a bit into perspective).

I have to add that due to the addition of damage related sub categories, ATTACK rank works a little different than FIGHTER rank. Each individual category has less impact because of this, and thus going for a very few, highly efficient sorties can get you relatively far. Much more so than in the FIGHTER mode. Only 5 categories here, so each one is more important, meaning you have to do much more than just three sorties to get anywhere near the top (LW arena only), or you won't have the necessary number of kill points.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: June 12, 2014, 03:50:01 PM »
Take my word for it? Dude, I just said he shot me down in a 1 against 3, and I was one of the 3. That is not the kind of news I would like to report were it not true. I hardly know the guy really, I just feel the need to speak truth to the sour grapes and utter cliquish horsecrap flowing so freely atm.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2014, 03:54:52 PM »
Take my word for it? Dude, I just said he shot me down in a 1 against 3, and I was one of the 3. That is not the kind of news I would like to report were it not true. I hardly know the guy really, I just feel the need to speak truth to the sour grapes and utter cliquish horsecrap flowing so freely atm.

:uhoh

I don't understand..... :headscratch:

I did say I took your word for it...in other words.... I believe what you say.

and again...I listed the reasons I speak to him the way I do....

why I have NO respect for him....its not his game play. ;)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2014, 03:56:52 PM »

There is no honor on the BBS.  It's just pixels and letters dude.  
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-