Author Topic: X52 help  (Read 590 times)

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
X52 help
« on: June 18, 2014, 04:11:12 PM »
For some reason my X52 lights will go out and come back on randomly from time to time. I also lose all controls when this happens. I tried a different USB port and tried a USB Hub and it still occurs.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: X52 help
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 04:22:08 PM »
Was the USB hub you tried externally powered?

The description is a classic USB bus reset.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »
Was the USB hub you tried externally powered?

The description is a classic USB bus reset.

Yes, externally powered.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 04:59:53 PM »
Look for power saving settings for your USB ports. Make sure they are set to always be on.

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »
I just noticed it is only the stick that is doing it. The throttle portion is acting as normal.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
 The cable between the JS and throttle is likely the culprit!

If you dont have the X52 fastened down then you need to secure the cable,I used a small loop and some duct tape and taped the cable to the base of the throttle and the base of the JS.  It''s a PS2 cable and doesnt fit all that great so I took some Cclip plyers and spread the outter ring of the plug to make it fit abit more snug.

Eventually I mounted my X52 and used cable hold downs to secure the cable. Once the cable was secure I never had the lights flash after that and seldom ever had to calibrate. I used a powered hub from the start so I knew it wasnt an issue with power but if I even touched the cable just alittle it would cause the lights to blink!

Also while your at it check to see none of the pins are bent or loose,as that could cause the issue and is usually caused by the loose cable to begin with. Good news is all you need do is pick up a new PS2 cable and Bob's ur uncle!!

YMMV.

:salute

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 07:01:46 PM »
The cable between the JS and throttle is likely the culprit!

If you dont have the X52 fastened down then you need to secure the cable,I used a small loop and some duct tape and taped the cable to the base of the throttle and the base of the JS.  It''s a PS2 cable and doesnt fit all that great so I took some Cclip plyers and spread the outter ring of the plug to make it fit abit more snug.

Eventually I mounted my X52 and used cable hold downs to secure the cable. Once the cable was secure I never had the lights flash after that and seldom ever had to calibrate. I used a powered hub from the start so I knew it wasnt an issue with power but if I even touched the cable just alittle it would cause the lights to blink!

Also while your at it check to see none of the pins are bent or loose,as that could cause the issue and is usually caused by the loose cable to begin with. Good news is all you need do is pick up a new PS2 cable and Bob's ur uncle!!

YMMV.

My setup is hardly moved and same goes for the cable. But i will grab a new cable and see if that does the trick! Thanks!

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 10:56:12 AM »
Also go into x52 controller and set MFD brightness to max. That seems to affect power as well and has helped me in the past.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 04:00:51 PM »
My setup is hardly moved and same goes for the cable. But i will grab a new cable and see if that does the trick! Thanks!

You shouldnt need a new cable if yours is undamaged!   Check the pins and make sure none are loose or bent!  Then if thats ok try to wiggle the cable with the stick on,see if the lights flicker,I'm betting they do.  As I said just secure the wire to the base of the throttle and JS,I formed a small loop and taped that to the bases,it might have shortened the cable but an inch or so.

I've seen this problem many times and it was solved by using a powered hub and making sure the cable between the throttle and JS was secured and couldnt move at the base.  Once the player had a loose pin,that caused a short when the cable was wiggled or moved,he had to get a replacement in that case. AS I said do the experiment,check the pins and tape the wire inplace and I bet you wont have the problem anymore.

YMMV.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2014, 04:57:37 AM »
I still have x52 in box, squeeze the connect slightly with some players it makes it a tighter fit :old:

Its was poo until I modded it, but by then I bought CH setup

The leds are nonsense as well, I used to switch them off :old:

CH gears is very good buts looks like my old mans slippers and pipe
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 12:25:17 AM »
I'm having the same problem, I can wiggle the wire and the lights will flicker but I can't move it and get them to stay on.  HELP!!! Any suggestions?
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 10:57:41 AM »
I'm having the same problem, I can wiggle the wire and the lights will flicker but I can't move it and get them to stay on.  HELP!!! Any suggestions?

Sounds like you have a loose pin in the connector,it could be at either end so check both and see if 1 or more of the pins are loose. I suspect you may need a new cable,IIRC it's a PS2 cable and you can get them at most electronics stores.

It's best if you can secure the cable to the base of the throttle and JS to prevent it from moving around,if you dont have the JS and throttle fastened down so they cant move,you will eventually have the same issue with the new cable!

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 04:05:52 PM »
Just an update for my situation. Mine actually wasn't the cord but it was the Saitek Drivers. I uninstalled the drivers  then re-installed the drivers and everything has been back to normal.