Author Topic: Super Pilots in Super Squads  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
Super Pilots in Super Squads
« on: June 27, 2014, 10:54:52 PM »
You know what I'm getting tired of...getting shot down by the super pilots in their super squads.

All month long 6 v 1, 4 v 1, 5 v 1...

how many super pilots does it take to kill one plane.

Have fun with your game, boys...I'm done.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Super Pilots in Super Squads
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 11:01:24 PM »
Excellent use of sarcasm  :aok I approve
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 11:11:43 PM »
Last time I checked getting ganged is one's fault...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:12:49 PM »
you are breaking our hearts.  how can people be so thoughtless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxauqa7rJgI

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:16:36 PM »
You know what I'm getting tired of...getting shot down by the super pilots in their super squads.

All month long 6 v 1, 4 v 1, 5 v 1...

how many super pilots does it take to kill one plane.

This is supposed to push you to want to be better. :old:

Stay and learn DANGIT!!!
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline 68valu

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 11:19:13 PM »
Find a few people to wing with and engage the enemy when the odds are more to your liking. Going solo in this game is difficult to say the least, even for the best of sticks. If you are always outnumbered, the odds of success are very poor.

There is a lot more to the game than just dogfighting. Jump in a tank and go shoot up an enemy base. Go bomb the hangers the enemy are using to fly out of to move there fight somewhere else.

Lots of other things to do besides dogfight.

68valu
Flying since tour 84

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:51:24 AM »
I owned a Kodiak once. I upgraded to a Pentiax.  :)

Offline CASHEW

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 12:54:13 AM »
He will be back with a new name . He is in and out alot because of his little temper tantrums
Peanut1 in game.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 12:58:11 AM »
He will be back with a new name . He is in and out alot because of his little temper tantrums

I think I'll take a moment to irony my shirt.

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 02:57:32 AM »
I know it won't happen, but I wish people would exchange their collective pair for individual pairs. Nothing is more annoying than when you outfight someone, abs they start running right until their buddies get within 4k.  At that point, they start shouting "my kill, mine! I was fighting him first"

For such people, I wish only a plauge of roaches, and blueballs for failing to get rid of said roaches.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2014, 03:18:12 AM »
you are breaking our hearts.  how can people be so thoughtless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxauqa7rJgI

semp

Kodiak, it's human nature to vent on the boards after dealing with weaklings but the side effect is those same weaklings, such as this one, will just pigpile you here as well. Take Valu's advice and mix it up a bit. Fly in the KOTH if you can make them, more often than not some good intense fights will be found there. Grab some friends and hit the DA for a few hours, jump in a tank for a few days and see how the other half live, and there's always FSO which is some of the best fun to be had in the game. That or just take a break before you burnout. Whatever you do, don't let the hordelings run you off. :aok

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 04:49:36 AM »
I feel your pain OP. Like slash said, the organised stuff in this game is fun, but the free for all of the MA is a unique experience. If you're looking for a fair fight don't play in the MA. It's kinda weird to go into a game with that mentality so I understand your frustration.
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2014, 05:45:49 AM »
If ya see me on Kodiak, give me a shout...ill wing with ya....even the odds a bit  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2014, 06:29:50 AM »
The frustration that the OP's describing is a rite of passage that we've all dealt with, but from my own experience I can tell you that when I got "ganged" like he described, it was almost ALWAYS  my own fault. Sure, if you're looking for a fair fight, go to the DA. But if you appreciate a REAL fight, which in no way means FAIR, then suck it up, learn from your mistakes, and work at becoming one of those "super pilots" yourself. Practice and repetition WILL get you there. Whining won't.
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2014, 06:45:01 AM »

Assuming you've really been playing the game for less than a month (forum member anyway) I suggest you reconsider your tactics and expectations. Squads often fly in numbers. Whether or not it's FAIR that's how it works. The super squads employ wingman tactics. Their mission is to kill you. Your mission is to stay alive. There's umpteen ways of staying alive that don't involve engaging 4 enemy opponents at the same time.