Author Topic: A minor point with the player "Beer"  (Read 1847 times)

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
A minor point with the player "Beer"
« on: June 29, 2014, 03:53:16 AM »
 :D
Deep in my cups, I found his rhetoric a bit annoying, so I invited the fellow to fight in the DA.  I offered choice of planes, and he agreed to D-11s, as the film will show. Note that the first time I rolled I upped the plane with a lot of fuel, so I bailed and grabbed another. I had no excuse for this mistake except I was inebriated, so I just accepted whatever disadvantage having to re-up would incur. As the film will show, he did not show up in the agreed upon plane, rather he brought a P-47N with which to duel the D11. This probably demonstrates bad judgement as well as dishonesty, but that is not important. My flying was not skillful due to alcohol consumption, but it turned out not to matter, because despite his deception, the fellow still managed to fly himself into the ground.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d9i8fb3jot9oddd/2014Beer.ahf
After this, he fled to the MA and told a story totally in contradiction to what actually happened, as this screenshot will demonstrate.

This is the first experience I have ever had in this game with actual dishonorable conduct, as opposed to merely cranky behavior, so I thought it to be of interest to the community.  :salute
The Damned BAT in the AH Belfry

"You don't have any special powers"
"Oh I have one...I NEVER give up"-The Batman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: A minor point with the player "Beer"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 04:00:36 AM »
Deep in my cups, I found his rhetoric a bit annoying, so I invited the fellow to fight in the DA.  I offered choice of planes, and he agreed to D-11s, as the film will show. Note that the first time I rolled I upped the plane with a lot of fuel, so I bailed and grabbed another. I had no excuse for this mistake except I was inebriated, so I just accepted whatever disadvantage having to re-up would incur. As the film will show, he did not show up in the agreed upon plane, rather he brought a P-47N with which to duel the D11. This probably demonstrates bad judgement as well as dishonesty, but that is not important. My flying was not skillful due to alcohol consumption, but it turned out not to matter, because despite his deception, the fellow still managed to fly himself into the ground.
After this, he fled to the MA and told a story totally in contradiction to what actually happened, as this screenshot will demonstrate.
(Image removed from quote.)
This is the first experience I have ever had in this game with actual dishonorable conduct, as opposed to merely cranky behavior, so I thought it to be of interest to the community.  :salute

what is your point you bailed your first plane because you were drunk and heavy then he brought a different plane.  so when you sober up go to the DA and have another go at it :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 04:02:51 AM »
Of the 7 Billion human beings in the world I bet not one cares.

True I responded to the thread but your new, or at least a new shade, so I felt a need to point this out to you.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2014, 04:06:15 AM »
Of the 7 Billion human beings in the world I bet not one cares.

True I responded to the thread but your new, or at least a new shade, so I felt a need to point this out to you.

I care. I care deeply.

Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2014, 04:16:21 AM »
Its an outrage

Channel 200 never used it :)

I  AM awesome
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 06:44:51 AM »
Its an outrage
I  AM awesome

Agreed...... :old:
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2014, 06:49:05 AM »
I loves me some public shaming however Skuzzy is not a fan
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 06:52:57 AM »
In a close dogfight I will take the D11 over the N because of the D11's lighter weight.

Offline kano

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2014, 06:55:42 AM »
D11's a better dogfighter than the N so he did himself no favours bringing it.

I personally feel stuff like this should stay on 200 no need to bring it to the boards, just take a smug satisfaction from knowing the truth and how much of a tit hes making himself look :)

EatG
The Few

S/L No 32 squadron BoB 2013

Eats Eagle

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2014, 07:52:33 AM »
I read this because it said beer, and was dissapointed.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2014, 08:03:25 AM »
I found 1Eagle1's comment at the top of the screenshot the most interesting item of this thread  :devil

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2014, 08:15:41 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

....and this is the kind on "moronic" behavior we have going on in the MA. Why would anyone new want to stay and have that in their face all the time? I asked a guy why he had to run to friends when it was just him and me, my pony vs his LA and he had the alt. All I got was abuse and ended up squelching 3.

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2014, 08:53:29 AM »
what is your point you bailed your first plane because you were drunk and heavy then he brought a different plane.  so when you sober up go to the DA and have another go at it :).

semp
Just providing a community service. Ask this guy to the DA because on account of 200 inanity and he will stall, attempt to cheat, and then dissemble bout it...My fellow players need to be cautioned agaist this potential waste of their valuable time.  :salute

As the text demonstrates, the agreed upon aircraft were D-11s. Re-planing while the other guy is inbound to you actually puts one at the slight disadvantage, as they will have had the chance to build more E. As has been pointed out, he thought he was cheating by bringing an N instead of  the D-11, but wasn't, which is deliciously funny.  :D

I rather doubt I will get him to go anywhere near the DA when I can walk in a straight line :) Wouldn't have bothered to put this up except for the lie against myself that was aired publicly. I was actually shocked by this incident. We players get cranky and mock each other on 200, but this is the first time I've ever run into cheating and lying. I suppose that means most of the community besides this Beer guy deserves a big  :salute because that is well above average for humans.  :D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 09:35:35 AM by Iamtheknight »

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2014, 08:57:46 AM »
I hope you know that nobody other than yourself cares about this.

It happens almost every single day in game.

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2014, 09:07:54 AM »
I hope you know that nobody other than yourself cares about this.
I ask no one to "care". I wished only to let what actually happened be known.