Author Topic: HO, front-quarter, or simply poor SA?  (Read 10125 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: HO, front-quarter, or simply poor SA?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2014, 03:20:46 AM »
Nishi, you could have done a "skyyr" and claimed it was a training session trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, but didn't.  :aok
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2014, 05:12:01 AM »
Cheap shot not a HO.

With only one other plane around, it probably could have been avoided for fun.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:20:14 AM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 09:54:45 AM »
One more thing, had I been  :joystick: at the controls I likely would have made the slight turn into him and made my break just before getting into gun range..... Just as I had done numerous times earlier in the day.   Again, I complimented his h2h shooting abilities.... HO accusations were a figment of his own guilty conscience.  I personally do see a distinction between what really happened and the way it was portrayed here.  

:salute Nish
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 11:35:01 AM by ARSNishi »

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2014, 10:21:37 AM »
I side with Nishi and Shida. While not a pure H2H shot, it's definitely front quarter and obviously someone taking the EASY way out. Shida labeled it correctly...someone just  trying to add to their score card. While it looks impressive and most likely pads Skyrr's ego, to anyone who actually fights for his score, it's a CHEAP SHOT.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2014, 10:38:57 AM »
While I don't agree with how Skyyr goes about things as far as coming here on the Forums with these videos with noticable ppl of worthy skill.

I will say that Skyyr's flying is nothing different from what I enjoy doing and what many others enjoy doing.

You can't go into the MA with a DA mindset and the same goes for the DA.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 10:45:16 AM »
Mechanic hit the nail pretty squarely with his post, and not the redacted version re-posted by Skyrr.

It was not a HO shot, but had Nishi continued toward you I would pretty much guarantee you would have pulled the trigger anyway, it certainly looked as though you were setting up for one. :old:
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 11:45:48 AM »
Skyyrr, I think you air out your dirty laundry here on the board way too much.

Everything we do when we play, either makes the game better, or worse, including what we choose to post here on the boards.

In the future, refrain from these types of posts, please keep it to yourself or keep it within your squad, thank you <S>.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
all I know.....is I love the ignore feature  :rock

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 12:17:46 PM »
Really wish FA hadn't died; we wouldn't be dealing with this if that were the case.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 01:50:40 PM »
Really wish FA hadn't died; we wouldn't be dealing with this if that were the case.
HOing and cheap shots were ALWAYS an issue in FA...what's so different here? Same type of people, same cheep shots.

Offline TheCrazyOrange

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 02:28:19 PM »
HOing and cheap shots were ALWAYS an issue in FA...what's so different here? Same type of people, same cheep shots.

No, I mean Skyyrr would still be in FA, and not posting these mild trolls here.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 02:44:37 PM »
No, I mean Skyyrr would still be in FA, and not posting these mild trolls here.
Yeah....really. Amazing how one person can lower the bar so far.......

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 03:38:01 PM »
Entirely the Ki84 pilots' fault I'd say. If I got shot this way, I'd definitely call it my own fault.

Truer words are rarely spoken.  Amazes me to this day how some blame the other guy for pulling the trigger when they make a mistake. Its the MA, not the DA.  If you feel like adhering to a code in the MA, fine.   Just don't bank on the other guy having the same viewpoint or whine when it turns out they don't. 

Take the shot if the other guy is dumb enough to give one to you.  Guess he will be more careful next time.  Or not.

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
Truer words are rarely spoken.  Amazes me to this day how some blame the other guy for pulling the trigger when they make a mistake. Its the MA, not the DA.  If you feel like adhering to a code in the MA, fine.   Just don't bank on the other guy having the same viewpoint or whine when it turns out they don't. 

Take the shot if the other guy is dumb enough to give one to you.  Guess he will be more careful next time.  Or not.

Yeah, it's definitely easier than actually earning a kill....

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 04:54:18 PM »
I would much rather see the RAW AH film file instead of these youtube videos

All I can gather from the video is a FW190 flying along and pulls a lead turn toward a ki-84 shooting him broadside from his front right quarter cowling back........

I do not see anything else in the youtube video that identifies itself to anything other than exactly that.......

I do not see any reference of a Head On shot, nor do I see any reference of anything else, outside of what appears to be the FW190 breaking toward the Ki84 and shooting it, with out the ki84 ever so much as not even flinching until after it has been hit.... what might at first look to be absolute poor SA, but none of us actually know what was going on here, the ki84 flyer could have been afk, could have been helping tie their daughter's shoe, etc...

nothing is on the text buffer or on the in-game vox to help lead to more insight to this particular fight

It is much better to post up the actual in-game raw films that includes and shows everything that is going on

long before the fight developes, while he fight developes, during the fight, and then after the fight is over with.....

could we please see the raw film footage from the game?

I really do not see where anyone can give an actual educated theory or answer without such film to review

hope this helps

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC