Author Topic: Add fighter production factories and vehicle production factories to the strats.  (Read 829 times)

Offline G0ALY

• Nickel Member
 I would like to see two new and separate strat targets that consist of the factories required for the production of late war fighters and vehicles. Simply put, if these factories are completely destroyed… That country would be limited to using early or midwar aircraft or vehicles until the factories were resupplied or regenerated.

I also would like to see these factories positioned a distance away from each other and from the other strats.
My password at work had to contain exactly 8 characters… I chose Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
+1  :aok

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
+1  :aok
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Add fighter production factories
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »

A country with massive numerical advantgae could very much cripple the already outnumbered opposition. It would be effectively a reverse ENY.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 11:05:32 PM »

A country with massive numerical advantgae could very much cripple the already outnumbered opposition. It would be effectively a reverse ENY.
This.

Please try to think of negative impacts when considering gameplay suggestions.  Examine the likely outcomes of events in your mind, play the hypothetical game, not just from the positive side, but also from the negative side.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
World's not fair defend your stuff if you don't want it bombed

:noid
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
Re: Add fighter production factories factories to the strats
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2014, 12:05:50 AM »
World's not fair defend your stuff if you don't want it bombed

:noid
Games have to be fair.  Hitech has explained as much repeatedly.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 12:17:35 AM »
ENY being tied to number of players is dumb, should have an auto balance system in place were 1 team can never have more than say 20 people?

That way the ENY can be used in more constructive and interesting ways like whats being suggested.
See Rule #4

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2014, 12:19:49 AM »
should have an auto balance system in place were 1 team can never have more than say 20 people?

How? Forcibly assign players to a side when entering the arena?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2014, 10:45:11 AM »
+1, make em defended by 163 bases and about twice as hard os the HQ, requiring a large buff raid to kill it

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Make the Corsair factories out of a single tin shack and put them right on the front line.   :devil
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Add fighter production factories and vehicle
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2014, 06:18:42 PM »
The OP's intention is good in spirit but, bad from an economics perspective.

It's a focus on defending and attacking known "choke points" or suffer a crippling blow that will last for an unknown period of time. In a forever war sandbox like our MA. An unknown period of time other than say resupplying the HQ will cost Hitech customers.

The MA is not setup to allow choke points or accomplishing in a short period crippling blows to a whole country. Each and every capture able field is a mini war to allow as many or few to happen as the players all paying the same $14.95 see fit to start.

This would end up with players logging off just like in AH1 during JSO. In AH1 this caused players to log or even join the 300+ Rook country hoard that made the MA unplayable every Sunday night for about a month. Hitech's answer was ENY over night like the ban hammer from hades. ENY in the case of this wish would be like closing the gate after the cows get out. No one wants to spend their limited "Fun" time in the MA controlled by having to anticipate a small number of players. Whose goal each night is to cripple a country with a single finger salute killing the fun the players of the targeted country are paying Hitech for.

If your wish potentially hands the nights fun of a country over to a minority of players with an out come that quacks and smells like a giant duck dump on that country. It's a wish for tyranny by a minority with giant duck dumps on the fun of a whole country 24x7. Hitech will loose customers.  
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Just a note, this would not effect me one bit  :D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »

That's how it happened in AW with the Spitfire factory.  I recall one day when we Czlanders had no one to fight as all the Az and Bzlanders were in VoD furballing so we all collectively decided to punish both the Az and Bzlanders since we out numbered them both.  We flew constant bombing raids to both of their Spitfire factories, shutting both factories down and denying both sides of their Spitfire IXs.  The joke ended up being on us though, once deprived of their Spitfire IX's, the Az and Bzlanders logged off and we were again left with no one to fight.  But it was still fun taking their Spitfires away.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Blinder

• Nickel Member
Re:
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 08:00:09 PM »
+1 to anything that adds a fat juicy target for my bombing pleasure.  :aok
Fighter pilots win glory .... Bomber pilots win wars.

17th Guards Air Assault Regiment (VVS) "Badenov's Red Raiders"