Author Topic: how do you make such nice videos  (Read 729 times)

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
how do you make such nice videos
« on: July 13, 2014, 05:51:38 AM »
 wow what a headache i have tried to convert to avi using the video viewer and it gets 1/2 way threw then stops.also it only shows cockpit view and not external view  even when i change the setting to external view. i really need these videos for the trainers in here to view so i can improve someday. i can view the files only all the way threw in all views but cannot convert in order to play for the trainers these films are only 10 to 15 mins in length. is there a program out there that does this better? the film viewer is a 2005 version
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: how do you make such nice videos
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 08:06:53 AM »
If you have the newer Nvidia video card you can use their program Geforce Experiance. There are also other Screen capture programs like Camtasia Studio, FRAPS, Debut Pro Edition as well as many others. Some have a free version, other aren't so cheap.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2014, 08:46:40 AM »
wow what a headache i have tried to convert to avi using the video viewer and it gets 1/2 way threw then stops.also it only shows cockpit view and not external view  even when i change the setting to external view. i really need these videos for the trainers in here to view so i can improve someday. i can view the files only all the way threw in all views but cannot convert in order to play for the trainers these films are only 10 to 15 mins in length. is there a program out there that does this better? the film viewer is a 2005 version
for us to see all that is there to be seen, you need to leave the films in AH format and send it like that!
We can veiw all the angles that way , as well as from different planes , attacker or attacked ,

I don't know off the top of my head the best place use to share them here anymore,I used to use media fire , but I'd bet there is a better place now!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2014, 08:51:29 AM »
wow what a headache i have tried to convert to avi using the video viewer and it gets 1/2 way threw then stops.also it only shows cockpit view and not external view  even when i change the setting to external view. i really need these videos for the trainers in here to view so i can improve someday. i can view the files only all the way threw in all views but cannot convert in order to play for the trainers these films are only 10 to 15 mins in length. is there a program out there that does this better? the film viewer is a 2005 version

You are saying that you need to convert your .ahf films to video so the Trainers to review them...

Why do you think you need to turn them into video? Has someone told you to do this?

Trainers prefer to view/review the actual AH film so that they can see "EVERYTHING" that is happening

Reviewing the actual .ahf raw film is the only way to do this.... The only drawback is that the film viewer will not capture TrackIR head movements....

Hope this helps.... upload/post a download link to any films you want or need reviewed

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »
Wwhiskey types faster than I can on this phone...hehe

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2014, 09:12:48 AM »
I seem to remember Morph like it in a video as apposed to am AH format. I dont remember why tho.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 10:31:08 AM »
As these guys said... keep the original film in ahv format and migrate them to some free service like fileshare or I use Dropbox.

I made a "public" Dropbox.com account meaning the log in and password I share with anyone whom is a trainer or squad mate where they can access all my files at their leisure.

Make sure to not have auto sync set if you log into these accounts from a smartphone as they will backup your pictures and such. Keep the one for films just that and your set.

:airplane:~<Deadstik

*make sure to use log in and passwords that have nothing too do with your personal accounts as ppl are evil so I just made a free yahoo account with my BBS name*

My personal Dropbox is

Login: deadstikmac@yahoo.com
PW: 9fukinhackers1
« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 10:36:46 AM by deadstikmac »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2014, 12:53:53 PM »
Mikev you can attach films to the AH Films and Screenshots forum. As others mentioned, keep the films in AH format.

Your best bet for improving is to schedule time with a trainer. Critiquing films will tell you what not to do. Training will tell you what you should be doing.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »
I seem to remember Morph like it in a video as apposed to am AH format. I dont remember why tho.

It's because I spend most my time on the forum with my laptop and I cant run AHF. on my laptop. I supposed I could load the game and just run film but I havent gotten around to that so I prefer to watch them on Utube... the raw AHF. file and film are better because you can get much more information,like alt,speed and distances so it's easier to dissect and critique.

I'm fortunate that I can usual see what was right and what was wrong with just a video but not everyone has my spacial aptitude.

:salute

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2014, 03:50:04 PM »
ok guess i missed it but in general discussion forums skuzzy has a post, pretty much explained what i was doing wrong with the viewer .thats 1 of the things in a forum you dont know where to find the answers that may be there.i made a post on screenshot/ video( this is going to hurt) and the title says it all so if any of you trainers want to critic me go for it. the 1 thing you cannot do in the training area is actual situational conditions. but after a trainer watches the video and wishes to recreate what actually happened that to me will be the learning experience. lets face it we dont often have just a 1 on 1 situation in this game until 2 players break off ,although their are some who jump in to get a kill and some who help there team by watching the other guys 6.because of my hours not very often is there trainers in the training area . i may get 10 mins to 30 mins .no need to keep you guys up till 4 am in the morning cst. thats my hours and i cant ask anyone to do that. so i take what i get and thank you very much for any thing ,even a good bashing wont hurt. its a steep learning curve i know it you know it  :salute
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 12:34:50 PM »
for us to see all that is there to be seen, you need to leave the films in AH format and send it like that!
We can veiw all the angles that way , as well as from different planes , attacker or attacked ,

I don't know off the top of my head the best place use to share them here anymore,I used to use media fire , but I'd bet there is a better place now!

This is the best idea UNLESS you're a TrackIR user
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011