Author Topic: Fester Map  (Read 6655 times)

Offline Mitchell

• Copper Member
Fester Map
« on: July 16, 2014, 12:56:52 PM »
Just checked out the new terrain "Fester" in a custom arena.

Not sure about those ports way out at sea, or the single airfield in the middle of the map...
But overall the map looks good and I think it will be good for all types of game play :aok

Please add it into the rotation soon :pray

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Fester Map
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 01:34:04 PM »
I think they should add it soon as well. Not many people will see/try it in the custom arena area. On top of that they will NEVER know how it will play out in the MA unless the try it.

Do a trial run during the week.  Let everyone know with the "message of the day" pop up which day it is going to be up so those that are interested can stop in and check it out.

Only real way to know for sure.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 01:37:11 PM »
where can i find this map?  Ive looked in the downloads section of the HTC website and i did not see it.  Per skuzzys comment in another thread, he said the fester map could be found in the "downloads server"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
Load the game up and instead of picking the ma pick a custom, then load a terrain

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 01:56:28 PM »
Load the game up and instead of picking the ma pick a custom, then load a terrain

Can't find it. 

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 02:01:47 PM »
When you create a custom arena, one of the options you have to provide is a terrain name.  The name is selected via a list of all the available terrains on the server.  They are in alphabetical order and the "fester" terrain is in the list.

You will not find it on the WEB page.

One of the things I worry about is how close the fields are to each other.  When they randomly are captured by another country, is the auto-ack/guns going to blow away people at the adjacent fields?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:03:23 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:13:45 PM »
I think they should add it soon as well. Not many people will see/try it in the custom arena area. On top of that they will NEVER know how it will play out in the MA unless the try it.

Do a trial run during the week.  Let everyone know with the "message of the day" pop up which day it is going to be up so those that are interested can stop in and check it out.

Only real way to know for sure.

+1
Looks interesting   :old:
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2014, 02:14:31 PM »
We will probably put it up, but it will have to wait until next week.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2014, 02:19:25 PM »
looks interesting.

I would like the center of tank town to be a city but wth give er a go.

some long flights could commence once the vehicle fields are isolated on the front. lack of gv spawns on the remainder of the front could slow movement but this can be overcome by a good horde.

I like the look of it. and give it  :aok

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2014, 02:27:02 PM »
One of the things I worry about is how close the fields are to each other.  When they randomly are captured by another country, is the auto-ack/guns going to blow away people at the adjacent fields?

As far as I cann see at a glance, it's not an issue. Only the Vbases are that close to begin with, and even those seem to be spaced apart far enough to prevent that. I tested to very close VBases: Changed one to an enermy field then upped a Storch towards it. Still took me a while to get into the auto ack range (which is about 1.5 miles)

What I found to be an issue in the custom arena was that some CVs where spawning right in front of an enemy port instead of their own. For example C235 spawned in front of enemy port P249, but C231 and C250 were spawning at that very same location too. At least in the custom arena, CV placement seems to be a mess.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2014, 02:43:54 PM »
I don't know if was changed but as I remember used to be huge ,with one high 10k base in the middle , and the rest of the bases exaggerated close; 3-4 bases/sector;
Hmm, all we need in MA is another large map with 200+ bases and 50 players,  stalled for weeks;  :bhead
 I would pull out all the large maps from rotation with this low # of players  increased base capture and map reset dificulty; nothing fun and impossible to reset; or reset maps every 24-36 hours/ won or not,plz ; 7 days on same map is really boring;
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:51:52 PM by ghi »

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 02:44:36 PM »

What I found to be an issue in the custom arena was that some CVs where spawning right in front of an enemy port instead of their own. For example C235 spawned in front of enemy port P249, but C231 and C250 were spawning at that very same location too. At least in the custom arena, CV placement seems to be a mess.

looks like the plan is one enemy cv ready to attack and two are there ready to defend.

:rock

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »
Feedback is certainly welcome.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 02:48:02 PM »
looks like the plan is one enemy cv ready to attack and two are there ready to defend.

:rock

But all three CV will always spawn there in front of that port, instantly, within like 3 miles of each other.
Which makes it pretty much useless for the arena, as none of them will ever leave that place for anything else. And especially the hostile one will be constantly down.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »
,with one high 10k base in the middle ,

we could call it khe sanh.