Author Topic: What is the difference  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
What is the difference
« on: July 19, 2014, 01:31:42 AM »
Between AH in 2010 and now.

Peeps have been saying the game is "dying" or "boring" and I wonder what supposedly made it so better before than it is now.

Ehhhhh? :headscratch:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: What is the difference
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 01:32:37 AM »
Lack of updates  :old:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 01:39:51 AM »
reason why Aces high is dieing is because we don't have the HE 219 Uhu :t
See Rule #4

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2014, 01:42:15 AM »
because we are so ungrateful
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2014, 01:45:29 AM »

It's a game and we are the customers. Don't see why you should worship it's creator...

Just sayin.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 01:50:06 AM »

This is actually very true.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 03:36:06 AM »
It's a game and we are the customers. Don't see why you should worship it's creator...

Just sayin.

Worship?  I don't know what trolling is, but that sure sounds like strong language.  It seems a bit out of character, so no judgment on my part.

Some customers over the years have developed friendships that don't disappear when the $14.95 a month stops.  So please don't hate if folks actually like the guy that developed the game and are even proud of what he and the small family style staff have done. 

Also, I can point to quite a few  changes since 2010, but that is what the front page is for.  Snailman is great at this stuff and probably has some dates committed to memory.  Since I am lazy and not Snailman, I will just pop a couple off that may fit the since 2010 comparison.

Miles Sound system
Water Reflections
Bump Mapped skins
Bump Mapped clouds
Custom Arena
New Maps *
Town Flag
Town Percentage
New Town?
Huge number of Tanks and Aircraft.... others may list

Now, IMHO numbers started drift before 2010 and many of the losses I would suspect went on to other hobbies.  Some dabbled with other WW2 sims, but probably felt home sick for the AH flight model. 

The strategies in the game have definitely evolved.  Someone brilliantly posted in another thread, how players balance the amount of time they have to play online to get the most out of that time frame.  Here is where I would suggest that extended amount of time it takes to capture a base, has significantly altered the approach, limiting the number of small groups attempting captures and very large groups congregated in one or two areas. 

I have a strong feeling that tweaking the successful base capture in a way that forces interaction or implementing newly designed maps* will have the second largest impact on subscriptions, running behind the massive graphic update.  Simply put, folks have been there and done that, "horde one base at a time" and are ready for something fresh.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 03:39:46 AM »
customer base...........

I'll say no more

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 09:12:05 AM »
customer base...........

I'll say no more

I will!    :devil

Mostly it's just a lack of players. Now the "why" there is a lack of players is something that we could fill pages with.  :devil

Some say its the economy (less money to blow on entertainment), some say to high a learning curve (new players get frustrated and leave), some say the graphics are out dated (new graphics are in the works, but is it too little to late?), some say its the toxic environment ( major bullying and verbal abuse). I think it's a bit of "all of the above".

To the OP, things mostly are different due to the type of player that players. Ten years ago you had mostly history buffs playing and so the game was played as a bit of a "re-enactment" with missions that resembled battles fought in the war. Our objective was just to have fun pretending to be WWII pilots. Todays players are much different in that they play FOR an objective. Capture the base, win the war is all they can see. Far too many players avoiding the cap at a base by diving in and pretty much suicide their bombs into a target.....for the good of the team. Where the "old style" players would have a couple guys "go lite" and deal with the cap while the rest of the force would continue on to the target.

I'd bet that if we gave a 10 question test about WWII to the players in the game 80% would fail it. Ten years ago only me and a couple others would have failed it  :neener:

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
It's the economy, stupid  :devil

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 10:31:18 AM »
Miles Sound system
Water Reflections
Bump Mapped skins
Bump Mapped clouds
Custom Arena
New Maps *
Town Flag
Town Percentage
New Town?
Huge number of Tanks and Aircraft.... others may list

And that list is:

Dr.I
F.2B
F.1
D.VII
M4A3(75)
M4A3(76)W
Mosquito Mk XVI
Panther G
G4M1 Betty
B-29
A6M3
Tiger 2
P-40F
Panzer IV F
P-40N
M-18
Fi 156
Me-410
Ju-87G-2
Sea Hurricane Mk I
He-111
Ki-43-II
Jagdpanzer 38 (t)
Jagdpanzer IV/70
Jagdpanther
Yak-3
Yak-7b
Tu-2S

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 10:52:50 AM »
Between AH in 2010 and now.

Peeps have been saying the game is "dying" or "boring" and I wonder what supposedly made it so better before than it is now.

Ehhhhh? :headscratch:

they have been saying the same thing since I got her 7 years ago.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 11:51:56 AM »
they have been saying the same thing since I got her 7 years ago.

semp

Yeah though to me it seems that so many more people are saying it, I'm not sure how many thought so back then, as you said.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline 68Raptor

• Gold Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2014, 11:58:29 AM »
People have been saying it since the game started..

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,2044.msg26548.html#msg26548

in my few years here.. I've seen several come and go. Some were super vocal about everything so they are noticed when they are gone and others just quietly went in the true gentleman's way. What ever they were, they will be replaced. Subs might be down but they'll rebound. This is still the best game out there overall!     
Executive Officer
68th Lighting Lancers

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2014, 12:03:53 PM »
People have been saying it since the game started..

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,2044.msg26548.html#msg26548

in my few years here.. I've seen several come and go. Some were super vocal about everything so they are noticed when they are gone and others just quietly went in the true gentleman's way. What ever they were, they will be replaced. Subs might be down but they'll rebound. This is still the best game out there overall!     

I also believe so, after teh update and some advertising we could get quite a bunch of new players. :rock
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-