Author Topic: Smack Talk Forum  (Read 2089 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Smack Talk Forum
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2014, 01:22:08 PM »
I was just thinking a smack talk forum might allow those of us uninterested in it to get some peace  :D

Banning ad hominem might do the same thing more simply...I can't tell you the number of rational discussions I've seen get dragged into the mud because someone's idea of a rebuttal was equivalent to "You stink!". My own nature not being angelic, the temptation to respond in kind, only with far more wit than such detractors bring to the table, ends in a downward spiral. But the boards have been like this ever since I can remember, so...
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2014, 01:42:50 PM »
My own nature not being angelic,

No?  :lol

But the boards have been like this ever since I can remember, so...

Don't remember such sustained smack talk as late <shrug>

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2014, 01:52:04 PM »
Don't remember such sustained smack talk as late <shrug>

Expressing an opinion here, especially a counter-current one, has always carried the possibility of drawing "You suck!". Backing it up with logic has always carried the near-certainty of drawing "And your mother wears army boots!".
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2014, 02:04:43 PM »
Expressing an opinion here, especially a counter-current one, has always carried the possibility of drawing "You suck!". Backing it up with logic has always carried the near-certainty of drawing "And your mother wears army boots!".

:rofl I love the Army boots motif.

Yes that's true, but smack talking is a bit more systematic and with another agenda.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »
:rofl I love the Army boots motif.

Yes that's true, but smack talking is a bit more systematic and with another agenda.

I personally prefer to think of the "enemy" as a bunch of pixels on a screen that form the image of an airplane, the motions of which form the puzzle I'm trying to solve. But unpleasant reminders that there are actually a whole bunch of upright tool-using monkeys behind all those pretty pixels occur with frequency. Alas.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2014, 02:53:30 PM »
Agenda or Agendum?

:banana:

Shida <3
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
I've never really minded smack talk except when it gets too personal.  I've been guilty of that too, but I try my best not to go down that path.

I really don't think a smack talk forum would work.  It might even have a negative effect by encouraging MORE conflict.

Just my $ .02...which is about all its worth.  :)
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »
I've never really minded smack talk except when it gets too personal. 

I really don't think a smack talk forum would work.  It might even have a negative effect by encouraging MORE conflict.

Just my $ .02...which is about all its worth.  :)

Bingo
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend