Author Topic: A 109 Dweeb Question  (Read 10595 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: A 109 Dweeb Question
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »
Shida!!!
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2014, 08:16:52 AM »
I love how he especially didn't become to active here on the Boards until he joined a squad of high caliber.

Which don't surprise me one bit since he didn't have the skill to be deemed a Muppet in the first place (mo)

Actually sir, Fulcrum is the second person from AH to join our rebuilding effort, quite a few months back before we made any real noise.

It's been nothing but a pleasure to fight along side him and he fits our criteria very nicely. There are quite a few Muppets whose fight style/skill don't measure up to his. But that's my opinion, of course, being the person who recruited him into the squad I might be biased :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2014, 08:55:00 AM »
Actually sir, Fulcrum is the second person from AH to join our rebuilding effort, quite a few months back before we made any real noise.

It's been nothing but a pleasure to fight along side him and he fits our criteria very nicely. There are quite a few Muppets whose fight style/skill don't measure up to his. But that's my opinion, of course, being the person who recruited him into the squad I might be biased :)

Or you don't recognize skill or you don't have tough criteria.   :aok

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2014, 09:41:26 AM »
Or you don't recognize skill or you don't have tough criteria.   :aok

You are absolutely right, I'm sorry, I should totally ditch 20 years of online gaming experience, building several competitive online clans in different genres because my views aren't set in line with some of the veterans here.

Please sir, tell me how to judge skill, oh while you are it, tell me how to run my squad,I will be sure to let you know of any potential recruit so that you may provide your seal of approval.

Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to share your wisdom with me.  :old:

Offline LLv34_Dictonius

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2014, 09:45:56 AM »
And all this caused by the 109. That plane sure can wreak havoc. :D
Current handle: Tikto
Member of the big finnish squadron Vaasan Vaakalentäjät

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2014, 09:50:16 AM »
 :rofl
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »
You are absolutely right, I'm sorry, I should totally ditch 20 years of online gaming experience, building several competitive online clans in different genres because my views aren't set in line with some of the veterans here.

Please sir, tell me how to judge skill, oh while you are it, tell me how to run my squad,I will be sure to let you know of any potential recruit so that you may provide your seal of approval.

Thanks I appreciate you taking the time to share your wisdom with me.  :old:

No.  I will simply watch and enjoy the clown feet and red noses. ;)  I love how you roll out your massive, toon resume....

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2014, 10:01:44 AM »
No.  I will simply watch and enjoy the clown feet and red noses. ;)  I love how you roll out your massive, toon resume....

We could always do some canyon battles again and compare squad mechanics there. I think the operative term used for the last time that happened was "immense fun" for everyone involved. Well, at least on our end of things. ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:03:33 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »
We could always do some canyon battles again and compare squad mechanics there. I think the operative term used for the last time that happened was "immense fun" for everyone involved. Well, at least on our end of things. ;)

But, but, but...if we use your squad mechanics we'll all cllimb above the canyon rim, dive at 500 knots, shoot passing shots at one another and retreat quickly to squadmates, rinse and repeat.  No, I think a nice custom arena 5 v 5 setting or whatever number you can muster would be much better.   Co-alt merges, etc.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #99 on: August 08, 2014, 10:26:10 AM »

Accepted.   We'll mirror you guys.   The first side to actually fly away from their side of the canyon loses.   Wink face.  
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 10:40:21 AM by Triton28 »
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2014, 10:38:12 AM »
No.  I will simply watch and enjoy the clown feet and red noses. ;)  I love how you roll out your massive, toon resume....

You are not simply watching, you're driving the tiny car that everyone jumps out of.

I love how you start something but don't follow through, you called me on my judgement remember? My post was in reply to DrBone.

I had to roll out my 'massive' toon resume so I could tap you on the forehead with it a few times ('plap, plap, plap').

This isn't Kansas any more Dorothy, we aren't going away no matter how many times you click your heels together. (" Troll them out of my home, troll them out of my home")

You have been playing this game for a few years you peaked a long time ago, while we are still improving on a daily basis. It's only gonna get worse...

Forum posts and wishful thinking isn't gonna change that.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2014, 10:40:09 AM »
I meant no disrespect towards any squads in particular only fulcrum.

Me personally I am glad the rest of you guys finally made the switch to AH it gives more targets in the MA!  btw if you guys do set this up I would love to sit in or perhaps even join in on the fun?  :)

edit: Shida how are you doing these days!  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2014, 10:41:17 AM »
Accepted.   We'll mirror you guys.   The first side to actually fly away from their side of the canyon loses.   Wink face.  

I don't think you were even there, we had a blast.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2014, 10:41:54 AM »
I don't think you were even there, we had a blast.

You noticed my absence?  I'm flattered.   :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2014, 10:42:00 AM »
I would play if we did a squad duel
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.