Author Topic: to ho or not to ho  (Read 3570 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: to ho or not to ho
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2014, 03:17:39 PM »
Thats the key part.  A HOer who stays in the fight can usually be put at a disadvantage.  The HOer in a fast plane that just keeps on trucking may give up his 6, but he's going 375 and the guy that maneuvered to avoid the HO and get pointed the other way isn't.

True. So would you rather HO and have an 80% chance of dieing? Or avoid the HO and have an 80% chance the guy is gonna attempt to turn and you get a nice kill? Or he will keep on going and thats that then. 

After watching a ton of films last night I was having a hard time finding videos of people HOing me. I realized it is because I have developed a technique. Rather than turning into them for a HO shot, I'll turn only 45 degrees where my plane is perpendicular to theirs and pretty much just let them try to get a shot, it takes a lot of timing, but they will almost always miss every time. They think they can make the side angle shot and this puts them in a bad position by banking and hurts there E state. Then as they are shooting, I pull up and do a loop angle turn on them as they are coming around.  Amazing how much this works. 

I'm going to attempt to post a video and I'll point this out.

I'll also discuss calderas video on how using more verticle loops rather than rolling would have been more effective.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: to ho or not to ho
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »
if you want to ho, go ahead and ho. Some ties I ho back other times I don't. Brewsters always get ho'd.

Yes, even by 262.s... I won  :lol
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking