Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15521 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2014, 12:23:50 AM »
TC and Company know that.  Not sure why he's not helpin the "less than a year" guys understand it though.

:noid
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2014, 03:14:04 AM »
Not many people in this game can beat me every 1v1 in any plane in the set...not saying I'm crazy good but I'm good enough to tell how good someone is vs the rest of the community.

Bat, you literally handicapped yourself the other night so as to make the fight better for both of us. Inverted merge, what an a hole :D

:D are we having fun yet?

Actually the inverted merge makes no difference if we are both merging roughly flat circles. Either way it's a 90 degree roll at just before the 3-9
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2014, 08:52:11 AM »
:rofl that sounds like something batfink would do, and Bighorn and Dedalos

that is hilarious

TC
  batfink is a dirty trixter who  hos on the  merge

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2014, 11:16:12 AM »
wow... just wow... 18 pages of utter ker-rap-ola since 8/18... and about what? Of course, you don't even need to ask. It's the perpetual war. No, I don't mean AH Main Arena. I mean Damned versus AoM in no "holes" barred man-on-man tag-team gangbang action. I'm glad I used my shades Vraciu and DeBrody to touch off this little bit of drama. For now I just sit back, enjoy the cluster, and watch, chuckling, chuckling, chuckling... eventually filling my adult diapers as a result, drinking more off the fifth that has become as faithful a sidekick as Robin was to Batman, passing out, then watching more and chuckling, chuckling, chuckling, slack-jawed, drooling, and so inebriated and apathetic that even continence is too much to ask.

And, in case you're wondering, NO this will not end well either, same as all the other Muppet vs. Damned threads. That's why I'm IN before the lock, once again establishing that I am AWESOME.  :banana:

as ever, MANOWAR (come drive your kalifornia kustom to join the kill klub)

As for the dude writing about acts of god, IPAs, salt and vinegar chips, and lawsuits,

1. ipa is a trendy sort of subtle ale... shouldn't you have been eating it with something a good deal "hotter", speaking in Scoville terms?
2. Nothing goes well with those disgusting vinegar and salt chips
3. The penny is unsanitary, Lincoln a foolish man who got himself wasted during a worthless diversion (see Rollins' comments on Williams for context).
4. You should sue the maker of the IPA, Pringles, the manufacturer of your computer hardware, Dale Addink personally, Hitech as a company, The Distributor of the Pringles, the retail outlet that sold the Pringles, any motor vehicle manufacturers whose products transported the Pringles, and, of course, the lawyer handling your case. What the hell, get him to take it on contingency. You only need to hit on any one of these...

Meanwhile, can I get a cop to... You see, there's this Best B... Oops... mustn't go there...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
India Pale Ale subtle? Nah. The first I tried it, my thoughts were "Why oh why did someone make a liquified cedar tree?" Those West coast hops man. But it grows on you. Still, porter and stout remain the "king of beers" for me.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2014, 01:16:04 PM »
I suppose you're right, on an objective and absolute level. But my view is fairly narrow and I am way too out of the drinking practice to call myself vell-versed any more. Still, I too was, at least back in the day, a Stoutie (I really like the Oatmeal Stout from the Tadcaster brewery). To me, a pale ale doesn't stand up, in relative terms, and thus rates a "subtle". Of course, in terms relative to say, A Miller Lite, it would be a different story. And IPAs vary significantly as well - the originals (how it got its name back in the 1700s... apparently hops are a good preservative for the long voyage to India) were very malty AND hoppy and boasted high alcohol content. Most aren't like that any more. They give up both hop and malt and get a lower alcohol content as well - 4-6% as oppose dto the original English brews that were more like 9%. Supposedly, watering it down is mor elike how it was normally consumed, though I've also read that officers in the British army (in India) drank it full strength.

As for Porter, don't you find it a little bit like a case of sore balls? I mean: it always seemed too "on the fence" for me. I want the ful boat or I want something much lighter. BTW, if you're West Coast, can you still get Sea Lion Stout from Monterey Brewing? The carbonation was Brioschi-like.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2014, 03:32:32 PM »
I'll stick with rum.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2014, 04:10:08 PM »
1. ipa is a trendy sort of subtle ale... shouldn't you have been eating it with something a good deal "hotter", speaking in Scoville terms?
2. Nothing goes well with those disgusting vinegar and salt chips

While I agree with the bulk of your post, I disagree with these two important points.

Anyone who's had a West Coast (read: hoppy) IPA will never describe it as subtle.  The particular one I was drinking is a 9% ABV Double Imperial IPA:

(Shown in the bottle, but I get mine by the growler (or two) full, as I live less than 5 minutes from the brewery.)

While, I'm a Scotch guy mostly, particularly Islay malts so I like a wealth of flavor and complexity in my beverages, I do like a nice complex beer as well. The key to a great west-coast IPA is a full-bodied maltiness, some sweetness, higher ABV, a good amount of dry-hop for citrus aroma, all to balance the the bitterness of the west coast hoppy style.  If done correctly, the bitterness becomes only one note in a symphony of flavor.

Add some salt and vinegar chips (read: "crisps" for you across the pond folks) and you have a happy hour of champions.

Respectfully yours,

Ryno
<S>
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 04:16:52 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2014, 07:00:02 PM »
You mentioned pilot skill. My point was relevant to that.

Not Relevant to a 2v2.

No but they're a good starting point for an inference.

Did you read what I said about inference?

Another inference of mine is that people who are drawn to BnZ and defend it with the zealousness we are seeing here aren't very capable in stall fights. Am I incorrect?

Such as the same zealousness with which turn/stall fighters defend their own style? I'm not sure what you mean what we are seeing here? Not sure if there is a 2v2 Stall fighting Only thread or turning fighting only or BnZ only. Just a 2v2 :)

Your $15 bucks argument pertains to the anarchic world of the MA. If you're going to compete outside of that then the rules have to be fair and mutually agreeable. Or is only your $15 dollars important?

That is the entire point of trying to have a reasonable discussion in regards to 2v2, who judges what is fair though? You do? Changeup? I don't think any of us do. If people would drop their biases and what THEIR idea of a fight is and try to look at the proposals objectively (kinda like Violator's last post), then a real conversation can be had, maybe some more 2v2s can be had.

You'd be surprised how much I get. So much that I wish I didn't.

Please enlighten me, I promise to tell you if you are correct or not.

You're not that interesting. Rather two-dimensional actually. 9 months conversion to this game with how many years in the previous one? What are you going to do Kruel, shoot people down and then brag about it. Ooooh, scary.

A few posts ago, I was a one dimensional E-Fighter who refused to learn anything..now I am moving up to 2 dimensions! I won't brag about every 2v2 I will have, I am sure I will lose some. I have lost duels. As a relatively new guy, I have seen behavior that is anything but honorable, I have seen hypocrisy that is just laughable. I will brag to those people if I beat them in this type of competition. I expect the same to be done to me.

Aha! But this is precisely the point isn't it. Your faction does not tolerate other beliefs but interprets them as a perversion from the real purpose. Any different opinion to your philosophy you view as excuses because they lost. You can fly any way you please I do not care and appreciate the diversity. What you can't do (no matter how many times you repeat) is to assert your standing and others not makes you right.

If any measure of intolerance is to be mentioned..talk about the guys who ignorantly think Energy fighting is easy or cheap. How rules should be put in place to not allow it (don't leave 2k range, alt caps, no front quarter shots(almost guaranteed in a rope). Please quote me where I said something like "it is decided". I honestly do want to develop this into some sort of standard. Now, if a standard cannot be agreed upon, those who choose to fight us anyways know where we stand.

Isn't the real purpose of having rules for 2v2 to make them neutral and unbiased towards a certain flight style or belief? If people more worried about what their personal idea of what a "fight" is than that isn't neutral.  For example, people have different opinions of what HOs are, some chose to take them, some despise them. How do we make that neutral? Those are the kinds of discussions we should be having.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #265 on: August 22, 2014, 07:17:35 PM »

Isn't the real purpose of having rules for 2v2 to make them neutral and unbiased towards a certain flight style or belief?

It's true for any duel if the intent is to have a fair fight, which is why both parties agreeing to the same fuel load helps achieve this goal.  Skyyr's and your suggestions do not.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #266 on: August 22, 2014, 07:21:57 PM »
What happened to Skyyr anyway?  It seems he bailed on his squaddie in these dueling threads.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #267 on: August 22, 2014, 07:29:30 PM »
What happened to Skyyr anyway?  It seems he bailed on his squaddie in these dueling threads.

Funny isnt it?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: August 22, 2014, 07:32:56 PM »
The American craft trademark is kinda hops'ing the crap out of everything these days. And brewing it "Imperial"...we Americans do love to turn it up to 11. I guess this country was still kind of a beer wasteland even 15 years ago...I didn't even think I *liked* beer till I had my first Guiness. Nowadays though, you can't throw a dart a map of the North American continent without hitting the location of a craft brewery.

Choose between porter and stout? I'd as soon choose between eating ribs and eating bacon!

I suppose you're right, on an objective and absolute level. But my view is fairly narrow and I am way too out of the drinking practice to call myself vell-versed any more. Still, I too was, at least back in the day, a Stoutie (I really like the Oatmeal Stout from the Tadcaster brewery). To me, a pale ale doesn't stand up, in relative terms, and thus rates a "subtle". Of course, in terms relative to say, A Miller Lite, it would be a different story. And IPAs vary significantly as well - the originals (how it got its name back in the 1700s... apparently hops are a good preservative for the long voyage to India) were very malty AND hoppy and boasted high alcohol content. Most aren't like that any more. They give up both hop and malt and get a lower alcohol content as well - 4-6% as oppose dto the original English brews that were more like 9%. Supposedly, watering it down is mor elike how it was normally consumed, though I've also read that officers in the British army (in India) drank it full strength.

As for Porter, don't you find it a little bit like a case of sore balls? I mean: it always seemed too "on the fence" for me. I want the ful boat or I want something much lighter. BTW, if you're West Coast, can you still get Sea Lion Stout from Monterey Brewing? The carbonation was Brioschi-like.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »

Last time i seen him i plucked the wing off his 190d was last seen running and ditching near A94 :ahand
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART