Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15799 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2014, 01:40:55 PM »
Regarding my post above.  Baldeagl continually updated rules for his brackets with community input.  Rules are not made by guys who think up the activities.  That isn't a way to garner participation.  Just saying.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2014, 01:41:26 PM »
Yeah the only thing I don't like is HOing period.  I mean if both of you can get around to make a square face shot then you shouldn't shoot. If you are both going 130 in a turn around and can easily HO shoot each other, I feel like it takes out of the fight to both shoot and die. If the other simply cannot get a square shot then I'd say the shot is okay. To me it is pretty obvious to tell, but face shooting takes a lot out of the fun and the fight.

"The HO shot is the easiest shot in the game to avoid."

-- Latrobe

If I may quote another post.

HOing is just stupid, straight out, dumbest thing you can do.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Please HO me. I'll show you just how fast that will put you in a disadvantge. It's a desperate tactic for newbs and good players will easily capitalize on you

The entire thread quoted above has multiple posts about this, many from you Violator.  I agree with your previous statements so I include them here.  

Let's not make this into another HO thread and beat that to death....yet again.

:salute
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:44:13 PM by Zerstorer »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »
Regarding my post above.  Baldeagl continually updated rules for his brackets with community input.  Rules are not made by guys who think up the activities.  That isn't a way to garner participation.  Just saying.

I agree.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:35 PM »
Not meaning to be argumentative but you and Skyyrs rules may not be what is generally accepted in this community.  Unfortunately, this isnt up to you.  If the rules change regarding fuel load outs due to community response, it's simply your choice to fight within those confines or not.  Other than that, you might be flying against no one.  

Either way, it's really not up to you if in fact it becomes a community activity or if it even hopes to become one.

Oh, it's up to us. This is our event. If you don't like the idea of true neutrality, that's fine - go make up your own 2v2 event with your own rules - ours is here to stay. But hey - don't take our word for it, go to any other sim and see how far we're off.

This fight is the first of MANY for us. Thank you for starting it off with such a graceful loss. I'm assuming you won't be returning? :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:44:49 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2014, 01:42:39 PM »
You were kicked out of the squad, end of story. There is nothing to be running away from. You can continue to troll posts, make your indirect jabs here or there. Doesn't change the fact that that's all you can do and can't back it up with your flying.

ChangeUp and Triton have been trolling us for a while, and we retort, but at least they had the cojones to take the 2v2, I'm calling you out, anything else are just empty words.

At least you are consistent in your deceitfulness.    :rock

I put my foot down and called out the hypocrisy and duplicity shown by some of you on 200 and on the forums.    It was a principled stand for which I take immense pride.   Character matters.   Something you obviously lack.

Call someone who cares.    I have no intention of getting into a dork sizing contest with you.   I have dueled you plenty of times and do not fear it.    I will not, however, feed your ego until you apologize for your assaults on my integrity.    When you can repent like a man we will duel as much as you like.

*plonk*

(Amazing that I can actually pay you guys a compliment and still get attacked.  Pathetic.)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 02:36:14 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2014, 01:45:37 PM »

Oh! Oh! I know who he could 2v2 us with. FSOX! Eh, Vraciu? Eh? :rofl

Genuinely - we'd be more than happy to let him demonstrate how well we "run from him" (it's 9-2 now, btw - 9-4 if you count the 5v2 where he lost two wingmen lol).

He only lost one wingman to a pick.   And you were smoked three times at least.

It wasn't 5:2.   There were other greens in the area that weren't with us.

It was fun.  A little healthy competition so to speak.    :salute

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
Oh, it's up to us. This is our event. If you don't like the idea of true neutrality, that's fine - go make up your own event with your own rules - ours is here to stay. This fight is the first of MANY for us. Thank you for starting it off with such a graceful loss.

I'm assuming you won't be returning? :)

You're assuming others will want that option.  I know from past experience you'll be flying alone if you think unilaterally making rules will garner support for any activity and yes, the more I think about the variable, I will be out if fuel is pilot preference and I'm willing to bet you wont find many takers if you think that will fly.  

Your event?  Pffft. Without adversaries you have no event.  Play nice with other or continue playing with yourself
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 01:49:11 PM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2014, 01:49:12 PM »
He only lost one wingman to a pick.   And you were smoked three times at least.

It was fun.  A little healthy competition so to speak.    :salute

Is that what he told you?  :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2014, 01:49:23 PM »
If I may quote another post.

The entire thread quoted above has multiple posts about this, many from you Violator.  I agree with your previous statements so I include them here.  

Let's not make this into another HO thread and beat that to death....yet again.

:salute

HOing is a lot different in duels than it is in the MA since in duels more often than not you will consistanly meet face to face. In the MA there are too many variables and its actually a lot easier to avoid.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2014, 01:49:59 PM »
Is that what he told you?  :rofl

I was there.  I am the one that blew your LA-7 apart when you went vertical.    Someone else got  the kill though.  
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2014, 01:50:50 PM »
I was there.  I am the one that blew your LA-7 apart when you went vertical.    Someone else got  the kill though. 

Oh? So is that a yes for the 2v2 then?  :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2014, 01:51:37 PM »
Oh? So is that a yes for the 2v2 then?  :rofl

When you both repent I will duel you and Kruel 2v1 or 2v2 any time you like.

”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2014, 01:53:08 PM »
I will be out if fuel is pilot preference and I'm willing to bet you wont find many takers if you think that will fly.  

Same with me.  In a duel there is really no reason to take more than 25% fuel if the intent is to fight and not try to run the other guy out of fuel.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »
Same with me.  In a duel there is really no reason to take more than 25% fuel if the intent is to fight and not try to run the other guy out of fuel.

ack-ack

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2014, 01:57:56 PM »
Ahem:

If you're reevaluating the rules right after you lost, it would appear you're reevaluating the rules because our pickup squad beat your squad.  

We aren't changing anything,  There are plenty of people who want to fight, especially now. It saddens me that such a non factor would keep you from participating again. I was expecting you to work on your 2v2 only to try and redeem yourselves. It's what I would've done .

This sounded so promising:

The format didn't really matter folks.  What mattered is two ship tactics.  I encourage everyone to spend some time trying it.  It's different but generally the winner will be the guy who gets guns on after the merge at any angle.  They flew well.