Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15623 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »
A time limit (10-15 minutes?) after the merge. This would address concerns about "running" and running out of fuel. If the time limit is breached, the team with the most players still flying wins the round. If both teams have equal number of players up, its a draw and the plane choice rotates to the next team.

:rolleyes:
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2014, 09:01:43 PM »
You work for Coca-Cola?  :pray

Nope.  Game companies like to keep their nerds happy so we're productive nerds, so a lot subsidize goodies like sodas and snacks. 

ack-ack

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: August 20, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »
Dang, this started out as a pretty good thread. :aok Come back later and  :huh

:bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #168 on: August 20, 2014, 09:13:38 PM »
:rofl

This addresses forcing players into Turn / Stall fights if they don't want to do it (which we don't in a multiple vs multiple environment, its proven to be pretty effective so far ;).

25% Fuel in the LA isn't the same as 25% fuel in the 109. If the concern is time, then a time limit can be imposed, but forcing players to fight someone else's fight isn't neutral. IMHO. The point of the duel is to find out who is the better team (regardless of flight styles) right?

Care to add anything positive?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #169 on: August 20, 2014, 09:39:43 PM »
This addresses forcing players into Turn / Stall fights if they don't want to do it (which we don't in a multiple vs multiple environment, its proven to be pretty effective so far ;).

25% Fuel in the LA isn't the same as 25% fuel in the 109. If the concern is time, then a time limit can be imposed, but forcing players to fight someone else's fight isn't neutral. IMHO. The point of the duel is to find out who is the better team (regardless of flight styles) right?

Picking the same fuel load out doesn't force someone to fight a certain way, it just levels the playing field by making things equal for both players.  Also, both sides don't have to agree to take 25% fuel, they are open to select any fuel load out they wish as long as both players use the same fuel load out.  If both sides want to take 50% or more fuel, that's fine.

What you and Skyyr want does not equal the playing field, it's that simple.

ack-ack

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #170 on: August 20, 2014, 09:58:13 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  Oh man, you are SO funny. You'd be absolute comedy gold if you weren't saying this with a straight face.

Come off it Kruel. Let's at least be honest shall we. Your 'tactical fuel load' is simply another advantage you're trying to secure so you can ensure your life is full of 'win'. A perfect escape clause if you find yourself outmatched. You realize you can't defeat the Muppets et al 'kills through skills' faction dueling 1 on 1. Then (perhaps by accident) you've discovered 2 vs 2 is to your advantage since you have more experience at that and the faction mentioned doesn't really much bother with it (or is perhaps just starting too since it seems they can actually get a fight this way).

I really don't know why you're misrepresenting this point. You've already made it clear you only care about results regardless of method and that you believe in securing every advantage possible before every engagement. Why start misrepresenting your agenda now?

AH tradition is any form of competition is specified and identical fuel load. Good luck trying to change that. I think you're going to find no one will agree to waste time with you and in the meantime a new 2 v 2 dueling league might actually commence.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #171 on: August 20, 2014, 10:09:33 PM »
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  Oh man, you are SO funny. You'd be absolute comedy gold if you weren't saying this with a straight face.

Come off it Kruel. Let's at least be honest shall we. Your 'tactical fuel load' is simply another advantage you're trying to secure so you can ensure your life is full of 'win'. A perfect escape clause if you find yourself outmatched. You realize you can't defeat the Muppets et al 'kills through skills' faction dueling 1 on 1. Then (perhaps by accident) you've discovered 2 vs 2 is to your advantage since you have more experience at that and the faction mentioned doesn't really much bother with it (or is perhaps just starting too since it seems they can actually get a fight this way).

I really don't know why you're misrepresenting this point. You've already made it clear you only care about results regardless of method and that you believe in securing every advantage possible before every engagement. Why start misrepresenting your agenda now?

AH tradition is any form of competition is specified and identical fuel load. Good luck trying to change that. I think you're going to find no one will agree to waste time with you and in the meantime a new 2 v 2 dueling league might actually commence.

Oh come on 'Shida.  There is a "New Sheriff In Town" didn't you get the memo?    Get with the program slacker.  /sarcasm

”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2014, 10:24:28 PM »
Oh come on 'Shida.  There is a "New Sheriff In Town" didn't you get the memo?    Get with the program slacker.  /sarcasm

Oh man, I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Tactical fuel load  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl ouch, I think I broke something

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2014, 10:45:24 PM »
A time limit?  Really?  I'd have to dig out my super secret junior decoder/timer connected to my Chinese built AH sun blinder hack to flash in my eyes to let me know when the fight was over.  Not just anyone can afford the box of cracker jacks that comes in.

Seriously, even the I-16 with probably the shortest legs in the planeset at 25% internal has enough fuel to last through nearly any one on one.  If you can't kill your opponent(s) before burning through a quarter tank of fuel you probably don't deserve to win.

That said the only way to police fuel settings other than allowing for pilot choice is to review film and we all know how providing film goes sometimes.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
I'd have to dig out my super secret junior decoder/timer

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:01:22 PM by Gman »

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2014, 11:00:36 PM »
If you can't kill your opponent(s) before burning through a quarter tank of fuel you probably don't deserve to win..

Guess that settles it for ChangeUp then. If the proposed rules were in place maybe he wouldn't have had that problem. Its 2v2, its going to last longer than a 1v1. Specially if you don't fly it like its a 1v1 / 1v1 if you use Wingman Tactics you give up a shot to clear your wingman.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:02:30 PM by Kruel »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2014, 11:07:44 PM »
Kruel is trolling, common sense is taking the same load out for everyone....for fairness/equal playing field.

If he isn't trolling, well then that explains a lot.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2014, 11:09:13 PM »
Kruel is DUCKING/HEDGING, common sense is taking the same load out for everyone....for fairness/equal playing field.

If he isn't DUCKING/HEDGING, well then that explains a lot.

FIFY.  <S>
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #178 on: August 20, 2014, 11:13:37 PM »
Kruel is trolling, common sense is taking the same load out for everyone....for fairness/equal playing field.

If he isn't trolling, well then that explains a lot.

No sir, I am not. People seem to be trying to apply the same rules from a 1v1 to a 2v2..it doesn't work.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #179 on: August 20, 2014, 11:17:20 PM »
No sir, I am not. People seem to be trying to apply the same rules from a 1v1 to a 2v2..it doesn't work.

:noid

:rofl
”KILLER V”
The Damned