Author Topic: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28  (Read 15609 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: AoM vs The Damned 2v2 Skyyr/Kruel vs ChangeUp/Triton28
« Reply #180 on: August 20, 2014, 11:19:11 PM »
No sir, I am not. People seem to be trying to apply the same rules from a 1v1 to a 2v2..it doesn't work.
If all planes took 50% fuel....would the fight be fair?
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #181 on: August 20, 2014, 11:31:55 PM »
For most planes in that is plenty of fuel. But our suggestion addresses the following question:..how do you guarantee that no one takes less? If they do, then it becomes a fight for the films, which takes away from the focus of the competition. We could have just as easily said 50% Fuel, I realize that..but could I guarantee that they would abide by the rules?....No.

So if you set a time limit, then you don't have to worry about how much fuel someone else loaded. There can never be the question of "I wonder if they loaded less than the agreed amount of fuel". or worse the allegation that cheating occurred. Nothing would be open to "interpretation". A perfect example of this problem is the HO. is it a HO, is it a Front Quarter ? Ive shot the TOP of people's wings and they call HO. In a 2v2 Competition, people are going to whine/complain and call for films...

These sets of rules minimizes the "Open to Interpretation" factor while ensuring that everyone has the same options when going into the fight.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:35:53 PM by Kruel »

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #182 on: August 20, 2014, 11:39:09 PM »
25% is plenty of fuel for a 2v2.  In 10 matches, Kruel and Skyyr only took 50% like once, so it can be said that 90% of the time, 25% is plenty. 

It is decided.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #183 on: August 20, 2014, 11:58:43 PM »
25% is plenty of fuel for a 2v2.  In 10 matches, Kruel and Skyyr only took 50% like once, so it can be said that 90% of the time, 25% is plenty.  

It is decided.

You see, it isn't decided, if there had been less of a gap in pilot ability, the fights might have taken longer. We are guessing we are going to fight much better wing men and are anticipating that the fights *will*(hopefully) take longer. So, a healthy discussion about the rules is still very much in order.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:02:15 AM by Kruel »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
You've already made such a mess of this fight that I doubt you will get many more 2v2 matches.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2014, 12:09:36 AM »
You see, it isn't decided, if there had been less of a gap in pilot ability, the fights might have taken longer. We are guessing we are going to fight much better wing men and are anticipating that the fights *will*(hopefully) take longer. So, a healthy discussion about the rules is still very much in order.

Pilot ability?  Surely you jest.   :rofl

You guys used better wingman tactics than Changeup and I did.  Don't kid yourself about the stick and rudder dude. 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2014, 12:19:45 AM »
You ain't got no pancake mix.....

I have 3 legitimate 2v2 duels now with Krupinski as my wingman....all fights were with same fuel load outs

Nothing came from it about o he said she said BS...

Same fuel loads = fair fight ....

If your trying to remove all doubt about your skill level, you need to win more then 1 fight. Your not the first people to try to get a 2v2 going. Krup and I were on 200 daily for a while trying to get fights.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #187 on: August 21, 2014, 12:27:18 AM »
Pilot ability?  Surely you jest.   :rofl

You guys used better wingman tactics than Changeup and I did.  Don't kid yourself about the stick and rudder dude. 

Getting an E Advantage 1 turn into the merge surely has nothing to do with pilot ability..doing it 9 times out of 10 doesn't either. That's for another discussion though, aren't we discussing 2v2 Rules?

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: August 21, 2014, 12:30:53 AM »
 :rofl

It is good that you two, Kruel and Skyyr, are attempting to immerse yourselves into the game and the boards.
BUT one HUGE problem, you'll are going about it in the COMPLETELY wrong manner. Neither of you are bad pilots
but your ego's are a little large for a couple of mediocre pilots.

You come making these "rules" that really don't make much sense. The way MANY people go about 1 v 1's are simple.
Same fuel, same aircraft, co-alt merge, cold merge, no HO's or Front-Quarter Shots (Skyyr). As for the ammo dumping rule is it
really necessary to make a rule for this? Most people do 25% fuel, deck merge. . .Challenger gets first plane choice
best of 5. If they ammo dump, good for them  :lol I don't do it because I really don't care.

You won the 2v2, good for the both of you. It doesn't make both of you better pilots but instead better flight partners
than changeup and Triton. I for one have never seen Triton and Changeup winging in the MA but maybe I don't pay enough
attention. Now if you THINK (edit) you are able to beat two people who have the same skill level as Changeup and Triton AND the same
team chemistry as yourself and Skyyr then you are in for a rude awakening. You have to learn how to fly with certain people.

I can fly with Bone, TripWire, Flyman & Cheech and be absolutely fine against most. Why? Because I am so used to their
flying styles and how they fly in furballs that it is almost like second nature to me. I mean communication is important
but I think chemistry is most important which is why The Few and Loose Deuce were so good in SDL. They were great at
communications and had a good amount of time flying together so their team chemistry was relatively high.

This is just my .02 cents. Chill out, your heads are starting to look like blimps.
Top Gun

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #189 on: August 21, 2014, 12:39:31 AM »
No sir, I am not. People seem to be trying to apply the same rules from a 1v1 to a 2v2..it doesn't work.

Yes, the same duel rules agreed by players in a 1v1 will also work in a 2v2 fight, 5v5 fight, and so on.  Could you please explain how each player taking up the same amount of fuel won't work in a 2v2 duel?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #190 on: August 21, 2014, 12:43:27 AM »
Yes, the same duel rules agreed by players in a 1v1 will also work in a 2v2 fight, 5v5 fight, and so on.  Could you please explain how each player taking up the same amount of fuel won't work in a 2v2 duel?

ack-ack
He automatically thinks someone is going to cheat which means
A. He is thinking about doing it himself.
or
B. Is going to use it as an excuse when he loses
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #191 on: August 21, 2014, 12:44:18 AM »

Neither of you are bad pilots
but your ego's are a little large for a couple of mediocre pilots.

Now if you THINK (edit) you are able to beat two people who have the same skill level as Changeup and Triton AND the same
team chemistry as yourself and Skyyr then you are in for a rude awakening. You have to learn how to fly with certain people.

I can fly with Bone, TripWire, Flyman & Cheech and be absolutely fine against most. Why? Because I am so used to their
flying styles and how they fly in furballs that it is almost like second nature to me. I mean communication is important
but I think chemistry is most important which is why The Few and Loose Deuce were so good in SDL. They were great at
communications and had a good amount of time flying together so their team chemistry was relatively high.

This is just my .02 cents. Chill out, your heads are starting to look like blimps.

Just like Fess and I were developing.

He is a genius at thinking through a fight and he knows how to direct a wingman.   Over time, despite my deficiencies, I was beginning to do what I knew I should--because he hammered me so many times. "NEVER SPLIT-S!!"   "WHY DIDN'T YOU SPLIT-S THERE???!!"   I know I drove him crazy, but he is the best leader/wingman I have ever flown with, and the guy I with which I have had the most success.

I would walk through walls for him, even after he has ripped me a new one.

Fess is the only thing/person I miss about THE DAMNED.    Not being able to fly with him hurts me deeply.    Make fun as you wish.  He was harsh...perhaps strict...but fair, compassionate.  Great to fly with.    Can think a fight like nobody else.   Just a good guy all around.   Made this game enjoyable... 
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:49:31 AM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: August 21, 2014, 12:46:06 AM »
or

Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #193 on: August 21, 2014, 12:49:25 AM »
For most planes in that is plenty of fuel. But our suggestion addresses the following question:..how do you guarantee that no one takes less? If they do, then it becomes a fight for the films, which takes away from the focus of the competition. We could have just as easily said 50% Fuel, I realize that..but could I guarantee that they would abide by the rules?....No.

You just answered your own question.  If there is some doubt at the end of the duel, the films will resolve the issue.  It does not mean having the players agree to a fuel load before the fight doesn't work in a 2v2 setting.

ack-ack

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #194 on: August 21, 2014, 01:03:45 AM »
or

On point A.Why would I try to make a rule to make it harder to cheat if i thought about cheating. If there is anything I do care about in this game is the competition..its one of the main reasons I play it. I play because I want to get better everyday and have fun with my squadmates, its pretty dumb and immature to make that assumption.

On point B. The rule I am also suggesting would make complaining about fuel load outs null and void. Since you can take what you want. The choice and consequences of it are yours alone. The same could be said if a set fuel load out was agreed to but I point to the whole "fighting over films" based on assumptions or doubts about 'previously agreed to' fuel loads. IMO the rules should be so transparent and difficult to misinterpret or otherwise use as crutch to take away from the competition. If a 2v2 result becomes about fighting for films it degrades the fun that was had.

I am off to bed!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:10:01 AM by Kruel »