Author Topic: You can't take your score with you when you die  (Read 5436 times)

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: You can't take your score with you when you die
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2014, 04:19:10 AM »
You can't take your score with you when you die

What?

I don't know about you but I am going to have my best tour score engraved on my tomb.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline CeeEff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »
If I understand this whole thread right and played by the rules many seem to think I should, this would be the most boring game in the world. No need for SA if nobody can attack me while I am attacking someone else because that makes them a picker. If I am in a fast plane and I want to take separation away from an A6 during a merge, I might as well just fly 10 feet off his wing because he cannot shoot me, that would be a HO.

Everybody might as well fly Zero's on the deck. Anything else is "Dishonourable".
I am a cartoon pilot, who would like to imagine myself as a real life WW2 pilot, flying to kill the red guy and fighting to stay alive.
I tend to fight to the death, but that is only because death comes so quickly to me. Probably a very good thing I am NOT a real WW2 pilot  :x.

All of that said, I also love taking off into the biggest red dar bar on the map, just to see what happens.

I suppose what I am saying here is, if you don't like the way I fly.......I hate that but.....
Oh well  :devil
One who only enters into engagements that they can win is destined to mediocrity.
I will fight anybody but mediocrity is still a distant dream.
In game ID: Lazur

Offline Iraqvet

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2014, 07:43:45 AM »
Spot on with this:aok
Your line of reasoning is essentially "They are not playing the way I want them to! Therefore I will smear them as being classless!" This is INCREDIBLY control-freakish and narcissistic.

I've seen lots of arena messages when I logged into the MA. Haven't seen a single one yet that said "Okay guys, from now on, no HOing, running, or picking." And when I suggested formal rules against such things :D , not a single person voted in favor of them, now did they?

So what you've basically got here is a vocal group of narcissists who don't seem to realize that their complaints are EXACTLY equivalent to some crackpot saying "I don't like bunting in baseball. It is completely allowed by the rules, but I don't like it, therefor it is dishonorable." Some players just make up rules that have neither been instituted by the game creator nor agreed upon by the player population, and then want to say anybody who doesn't follow them is dishonorable? Ridiculous.

I'll play that game a little just to show how ridiculous it is: All sorties must now be flown inverted. If you fly right-side up, you are "gaming the game" for an advantage over those of us who choose to fly inverted, and you're dishonorable!  :rofl

Actually that sort of behavior I'm discussing, what is worthy of being labeled utterly classless.

Also, if I assumed everyone was in life as they were in the game, I would pity then anyone who had to deal with someone so whiney, ineffective, and generally unhappy,  who thought they were in the right to excoriate anyone who didn't conduct themselves according to that person's every little preference.

See this here? This is classy behavior. Going by past observation, you would have ranted at Coaly on 200 for minutes for his "sin" of picking someone out of a 1v1 fight.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365268.msg4860435.html#msg4860435

***The Perk Tank Snuff***
HHC 1-502nd "Strike" Infantry 101st Airborne Division Air Assault!
The very essence of leadership is its purpose. The purpose of leadership is to accomplish a task. That is what leadership does and what it does is more important than what it is or how it works

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2014, 07:45:28 AM »
I don't know about you but I am going to have my best tour score engraved on my tomb.

That's the spirit  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2014, 07:55:02 AM »
Score? You mean my endless bails?  :rofl
Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline hotcoffe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2014, 07:59:57 AM »
personally i dont give watermelon about score, i die most of the time with kills on my plane... damn i died many times flying same plane more than 3 hours with lots of kills on it... but
some time its good to take just the single or couple kills you have and land them ...
- Der Wander Zirkus -

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2014, 08:09:09 AM »
personally i dont give watermelon about score, i die most of the time with kills on my plane...

Which significantly improves the k/h part of your score, which is at least as important as k/d. :)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »
I always try to get at least 4 kills before I either land or die. Most of the time when I get 4, if I'm not hurt and there are more badguys around, I'll will try to get at least 6. I've died too many times with 7 or more kills, but I'm just greedy and don't like to land with only 3 kills if I don't have too. Which is why I generally die a lot in the MA but still have a decent K/D
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »
Score/rank is a true measure of a man.  The higher the score/rank, the better man you are than some poor low ranked shlub of a lesser man.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2014, 02:39:37 PM »
Score/rank is a true measure of a man.  The higher the score/rank, the better man you are than some poor low ranked shlub of a lesser man.

ack-ack
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROehP8DVPM4
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2014, 02:49:30 PM »
Why is there a hook in my mouth?

Fixed.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2014, 03:37:28 PM »
So stop running from a fight.  :old:

pffft girly men.

Stick it out, you might learn something other than saving your precious K/D dependant ego.

oops, I apologize for helping hijack your thread, Dolby!

but seriously, I never really cared about score.... yes I have messed around to see how the scoring and stats were tallied and to see what was the best course of action to get a higher ranking ( lower # ), but nothing more than that really..

Some do play for score and to get their name on the front page of Aces High website each monthly tour, but if they are having fun that way, who am I to criticize them?

It's all about the fight for me when I am in the MA  DA  or AvA arenas, and I got to be having fun, if not I would not still be here  :aok

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:24 PM »
oops, I apologize for helping hijack your thread, Dolby!

but seriously, I never really cared about score.... yes I have messed around to see how the scoring and stats were tallied and to see what was the best course of action to get a higher ranking ( lower # ), but nothing more than that really..

Some do play for score and to get their name on the front page of Aces High website each monthly tour, but if they are having fun that way, who am I to criticize them?

It's all about the fight for me when I am in the MA  DA  or AvA arenas, and I got to be having fun, if not I would not still be here  :aok

TC

To add to this, a long time ago, some of the best players in AW would just auger their planes when they were done shooting down their opponents.  More dogfighting for the time spent playing.

mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2014, 04:14:59 PM »

I typically lean toward the OPs opinion, but you got a lot to learn about people and life.

It's a fantasy game, it hardly ever reflects real life.

I think his point was how you treat people here would reflect on how you treat people in the real world.  I suppose you could argue its easier for the "real" person to show up behind the anonymity of the fantasy cartoon world as thera is no real conseqence for acting like an idiot and doing what you can to talk tough, disrupt and generally try and make those around you have less fun.  In the real world the chance of getting you block knocked off is much higher than in AH.  I'd suggest that those who act to disrupt in AH don't act that way in the real world knowing that there are real consequences, but that could be more from fear than from who they really are.

I do believe it's fair to say that those who treat people with respect here more than likely are respectful in the real world.  I'd also believe they are comfortable with who they are too.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters