Author Topic: You can't take your score with you when you die  (Read 5435 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: You can't take your score with you when you die
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 04:52:27 PM »
Not as absurd as you'd imagine.

Running away from fights to 10 friends or to ack or to extend until the fuel runs dry adds to the quality of gameplay?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 04:54:23 PM »
Not as absurd as you'd imagine.

Running away from fights to 10 friends or to ack or to extend until the fuel runs dry adds to the quality of gameplay?

Diving into a crowd and expecting them to feel bad about not coming at you Chuck Norris enemy style is realistic?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »

First, I doubt we could come up with a common definition of "quality gameplay" which everyone could agree to  :old:

Second, most of time I've been called out on 200 or by PMs for "lame gameplay (running)", I ran from "10 friends" of that honorable, manly enemy ;)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:59:39 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2014, 04:56:30 PM »
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:32 PM »
Diving into a crowd and expecting them to feel bad about not coming at you Chuck Norris enemy style is realistic?

Wiley.

Jumping on 1 with nothing in sight seem to bring about the whole crowd as they scream for their lives.

I doubt we could come up with a common definition of "quality gameplay" which everyone could agree to  :old:

What would happen in an aceshigh where everyone ran away from everyone else... Lets keep waiting shall we it wont be long as things devolve

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2014, 05:02:59 PM »
Miss ya ingame ink,  :salute

:salute

thanx man...I miss flying with/against the good ones such as yourself......more then I realized I would.....

feel like a crack head when I look at my stick and peds.... :rofl

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2014, 05:13:40 PM »
Not true at all. Those who live a code of honor in a game are much more likely to follow that same code in life, they don't "game the game", their egos are more than likely much less over the top, and they don't RUN AWAY FROM THEIR PROBLEMS! How you act and believe in real life absolutely, without a doubt, is how you play games. If winning is your only source of self esteem, if running away to save your cartoon life is ok with you, you don't
have a positive self image, and yo don't have the gumption to stick it out and solve life problems. You're most likely the one who will take the easy way out, and not take chances. Argue all you want, but words don't change reality.

This is absolute garbage...although you are entitled to your opinion.. :old:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 05:15:20 PM by Canspec »

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2014, 05:18:21 PM »

I missed beating you face with my meathooks...more then I realized I would.....

feel like a crack head when I am playing with my stick.... ::snicker::

My face misses your fist sir... When your done with the hiatus I shall give you NO mercy!

Edited so I could add:

Ya Sissy 《middlefinger》

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2014, 05:23:36 PM »
Not true at all. Those who live a code of honor in a game are much more likely to follow that same code in life, they don't "game the game", their egos are more than likely much less over the top, and they don't RUN AWAY FROM THEIR PROBLEMS! How you act and believe in real life absolutely, without a doubt, is how you play games. If winning is your only source of self esteem, if running away to save your cartoon life is ok with you, you don't
have a positive self image, and yo don't have the gumption to stick it out and solve life problems. You're most likely the one who will take the easy way out, and not take chances. Argue all you want, but words don't change reality.

Pfffft,

http://youtu.be/xr6J9N9DVFg

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2014, 05:29:27 PM »
You can't take your ACM with you when you die either.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2014, 05:30:26 PM »
you wait I'm rolling in my grave  :old:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2014, 05:32:55 PM »
Lately it just helps to pick a fight with Rooks, they don't seem to use the horde just inside their own dar ring waiting to pounce strategy nearly as much lately, or if they actually venture into your dar ring only to turn and run to the wingmen in wait.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »

:salute

thanx man...I miss flying with/against the good ones such as yourself......more then I realized I would.....

feel like a crack head when I look at my stick and peds.... :rofl

We miss you :)

We miss your weapon :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2014, 05:36:54 PM »
Imagine if golf was played in the same manner as AH MA arena......

Tiger Woods beaten by player ranked 200 spots below him....Tiger not happy so challenges the upstart to a 1 on 1 putting contest, first to 10 puts is obviously the better man.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2014, 05:53:00 PM »
Your line of reasoning is essentially "They are not playing the way I want them to! Therefore I will smear them as being classless!" This is INCREDIBLY control-freakish and narcissistic.

I've seen lots of arena messages when I logged into the MA. Haven't seen a single one yet that said "Okay guys, from now on, no HOing, running, or picking." And when I suggested formal rules against such things :D , not a single person voted in favor of them, now did they?

So what you've basically got here is a vocal group of narcissists who don't seem to realize that their complaints are EXACTLY equivalent to some crackpot saying "I don't like bunting in baseball. It is completely allowed by the rules, but I don't like it, therefor it is dishonorable." Some players just make up rules that have neither been instituted by the game creator nor agreed upon by the player population, and then want to say anybody who doesn't follow them is dishonorable? Ridiculous.

I'll play that game a little just to show how ridiculous it is: All sorties must now be flown inverted. If you fly right-side up, you are "gaming the game" for an advantage over those of us who choose to fly inverted, and you're dishonorable!  :rofl

Actually that sort of behavior I'm discussing, what is worthy of being labeled utterly classless.

Also, if I assumed everyone was in life as they were in the game, I would pity then anyone who had to deal with someone so whiney, ineffective, and generally unhappy,  who thought they were in the right to excoriate anyone who didn't conduct themselves according to that person's every little preference.

See this here? This is classy behavior. Going by past observation, you would have ranted at Coaly on 200 for minutes for his "sin" of picking someone out of a 1v1 fight.
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,365268.msg4860435.html#msg4860435

They are not non-existent rules, they are also known by other names if it will help you..... Class, as in "That guy has class".... Integrity, as in that guy says what he does, and does what he says..... Honest, see integrity......  Reliability, he'll be there whether its in game or not.

These traits show up in the game easily for those who have them OUTSIDE the game. If your a dork outside the game, that most likely will show up in the game as well.

While this is "just a game" the real person shows through far more often than not. I've meet many players over the years and they have all been pretty much exactly just as they were in the game. Unless your playing as a "persona", and well if you are that pretty much answers the question of honor/class right up front.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."