Author Topic: if u want to keep players...  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: if u want to keep players...
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 11:23:34 AM »
Some of these replies are a great example as to why people leave this game.

Some game play issues are going to have to be looked into if this game is going to continue.  The OP has a legitimate complaint and it is possible that the 12 hour rule change, or something like could help. Also the issue of HQ being bombed and losing dar. I spent 6 hours flying Saturday.  Unfortunately half that time was is 12-15 minute runs to re supply HQ. Certainly not a fun time. I could understand if it really has some tactical use, but on a small map like that the front line is only a couple bases. You knew where they were coming in well enough,  you just didn't know the strength.

If the fun is being sucked out of playing by a few players why would the rest continue to pay to play?

While I agree with you, the simple solution is to switch sides for a while.  Holy cow, it's not a hardship every once in a while. If you want to fight!  If you just wanna find a reason to log, don't use that. One.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 11:25:07 AM »
image deleted before the band .   :bolt:
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2014, 11:49:25 AM »
I want to shoot at the bad guys.  The more bad guys there are, the more I have to shoot at.  No, I will not stop the inevitable, and I will get killed...a lot..., but the planes, tanks and wirbles are free and unlimited.  Its also a great time to play spoiler and kill goons, sneak supps in, hide in the map room, drop their VH just when you think they are about to call for troops, etc. A new war starts a minute later if the they roll the map.

When we have way more players, there is less to shoot at, but they get perk rides cheap so its a great chance to kill high value stuff in early war rides.  

With lower total players, 10 guys one way or another often makes a big difference.  I wish that were different, but it isn't.  Time to make lemonade.
AMAX  in game

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2014, 11:54:36 AM »
Not the gameplay itself thats is the main problem,  i dont excpect people to be fair or honest, im not. Its rather the soemtimes huge imbalances in numbers that cause the problem. Bish is not the team that suffers most from being outnumbered i know but i think we need another way of balancing the teams. One team getting gang banged and the other team only able to run brews and bostons is not a good way of keeping new players.

Well, we have already beat Hitech to a pulp about the 12 hour switch rule but he just won't budge.

The only thing about AH is that it takes a long time to learn and with experience comes being able to not get in these types of situations. I know how frustrating it is, but with a sand box type arena. Things like this will happen. I'm sure it sucked in real war when the hoard came too.

It's okay to change sides. It's okay to up a tempest from a near by base and get 20k alt and attempt to fight them off with a squad.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 11:57:42 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2014, 12:07:18 PM »
Zimme,

I was there.  Tough, but not an impossible situation.  I upped from another base and flew into the mix.  I didn't land my kills but I did get some.

Offline LTARwolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2014, 12:37:00 PM »
Seem's like all you need is a good ol LTAR to save the day. ... Sorry well i'm out of service for now. Hopefully some other LTAR will save you.

<<S>>

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2014, 12:44:08 PM »
Today, "LTAR" is but a distant echo of a bygone era  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2014, 01:00:52 PM »
I like Brews and Bostons. It wasn't side imbalances that got to me ; It was instead the numbers of all sides actually flying period.

When you dont have many in the air many others go for the ground game. Fair enough, its their dough. But I'd sign on at 1500 CST, see a huge map, and would actually have to look hard to even find a dar. Anywheres!

Well Im preaching to the choir. I still love the flight model and look forward to the update, and, think its a fine community. I feel fortunate to have been here during the glory days and hope very much they return.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LTARwolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »

Sadly i know.

<<S>> 

I miss being able to play. But untill the day i can again. I am here to cheer on my fellow Bishops and Let you know that everything will be ok. As long as you remember what "LTAR" Stands for ? if you don't then your toejam out of luck.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 01:39:11 PM »

I haven't heard LTAR since I was like 10, a few days ago.  :t
Top Gun

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2014, 01:57:39 PM »
When you dont have many in the air many others go for the ground game.

It seems to me that many are actually going for the "tower game"
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2014, 02:19:38 PM »
I heard a rumor that most Bishop pilots are homeless and play on stolen laptops at free wifi hotspots.  This may explain why they are more active during the daytime.  :D

Yes its true :old:

They smell of wee and poo as well :old:

Knights are the best even though we are rubbish at defense and attack.

I flew rooks other month and logged  because the smell was awful :cry
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2014, 03:10:43 PM »

I flew rooks other month and logged  because the smell was awful :cry

Yes those that are used to their own stench find fresh and clean revolting.  :ahand

You knights are a sneaky bunch though hitting us behind the lines was a brilliant move last night. It caused great consternation.  :furious  :bhead

With low numbers I have had my sneakiest base takes as there are not as many to defend. Deack one or even two V bases and bring back troops. Does not always work but when it does Victory!
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2014, 03:36:05 PM »
It seems to me that many are actually going for the "tower game"

The only thing that concerns me about players leaving is that my K/H will drop, even worse than it already has :(

The tank scene has exploaded which is great n all, but damn we need more air combat enthusiast. 

As lazer pointed out yesterday.  " This is Aces High, not Aces Ground"

Haha still laughing from that

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »
  outnumbered by 6 to 1.

:bhead  Darn i missed it....sounds like fun  :aok
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.