Author Topic: 2014 College Football  (Read 3383 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: 2014 College Football
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »
Ooooh, that was a beat down!

Sorry, Changeup!

:D

:rofl
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2014, 05:37:13 PM »
Ooooh, that was a beat down!

Sorry, Changeup!

:D

Yep we looked like Middle Tennessee State
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2014, 07:26:52 PM »

Not a stellar year for the Sooner nation.  I feel your pain.   :( 

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2014, 07:02:43 AM »
or UT
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2014, 10:52:03 AM »
or UT

Yes, Sunbat and I were feeling Grizz's Nebraska-pain until we both had our day in the barrel lol

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how well Al Abama does against OSU. ESPN has been on the SEC wagon all year, and I know it's killing them to see their beloved conference being destroyed on the field. Now that Ole Miss and Miss St have been exposed as complete frauds  :rofl if Al Abama loses ESPN may just shut down and close up shop.

I guess the playoff committee knew somehow having #1 play #4 and #2 play #3 instead of 1v3, 2v4 to determine who gets in the final game was a way to make sure Al Abama gets into the Championship game... we'd hate to have everyone's favorite child lose in the first round to FSU.....
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
It'll be interesting to see how well Al Abama does against OSU. ESPN has been on the SEC wagon all year, and I know it's killing them to see their beloved conference being destroyed on the field. Now that Ole Miss and Miss St have been exposed as complete frauds  :rofl if Al Abama loses ESPN may just shut down and close up shop.

I guess the playoff committee knew somehow having #1 play #4 and #2 play #3 instead of 1v3, 2v4 to determine who gets in the final game was a way to make sure Al Abama gets into the Championship game... we'd hate to have everyone's favorite child lose in the first round to FSU.....

FTR, this Bama fan never bought into the "SEC Dominate Conference" horse-shat.  There is a good amount of parity across FBS. 

I don't buy into your conspiracy theory though.  You are suggesting the play-off committee took steps to better the odds of Bama getting into the championship game? 

Starts in a few hours and my checklist is done.

1. Chicken wings for frying - done
2. Family over for fun - check
3. Plenty of good German beer - check
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2015, 11:11:08 AM »
I'm just spit-balling ammo, but something smells. Why is #1 playing #4, when #4 is arguably a team that shouldn't even be there and by far the weakest of the 4? Sorry OSU fans, TCU got screwed. The Horned Frogs would destroy the Buckeyes head to head, I believe. They should have made the show.

IMHO, it should be #1 vs #3, and #2 vs #4.... except that, and having TCU as the #4, makes it A LOT harder for Bama to get past the first game.

The folks at ESPN were peeing their pants in fear when it looked like Auburn might beat Bama, cause it would have certainly looked like the first ever playoff would have been without an SEC team if Bama had lost.... and THAT would have been unacceptable.

Maybe I've got my tinfoil hat too tight, but I smell a conspiracy! A   C-O-N-spiracy!  :old:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2015, 11:25:02 AM »
I'm just spit-balling ammo, but something smells. Why is #1 playing #4, when #4 is arguably a team that shouldn't even be there and by far the weakest of the 4? Sorry OSU fans, TCU got screwed. The Horned Frogs would destroy the Buckeyes head to head, I believe. They should have made the show.

IMHO, it should be #1 vs #3, and #2 vs #4.... except that, and having TCU as the #4, makes it A LOT harder for Bama to get past the first game.

The folks at ESPN were peeing their pants in fear when it looked like Auburn might beat Bama, cause it would have certainly looked like the first ever playoff would have been without an SEC team if Bama had lost.... and THAT would have been unacceptable.

Maybe I've got my tinfoil hat too tight, but I smell a conspiracy! A   C-O-N-spiracy!  :old:

You are not alone with your thoughts!  My buddy I spent New Year's Eve with thinks the same thing.  I just can't get my head around how the committee, Media, or the NCAA for that matter can influence the outcome.  That's why they play the game!

Roll Tide Roll!
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2015, 12:09:56 PM »
TCU should have been #4 but Baylor had a really good argument. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2015, 05:21:54 PM »
The experts are doing great.....#7 MSU defeated #4 Baylor which defeated TCU?   Big 12 needs to learn to play defense

and add a championship game.  Also.....get rid of the cup cake schedules early season.  MSU is hardly an offensive juggernaut.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2015, 07:28:27 PM »
Ducks clobbering the Seminoles. 

Makes me happy.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2015, 10:54:12 PM »
winston no bueno
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2015, 11:27:16 PM »
#4 is spanking #1.

That's why they play the games I guess.  Bama will have lost their bowl games in back to back years.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2015, 11:54:29 PM »
Yes!  Ohio State beats #1 Alabama.  :aok