Author Topic: Airspace violation by Russia.  (Read 5062 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Airspace violation by Russia.
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2014, 12:56:31 PM »
What about BP?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »
What about BP?
You know, that company with a Swedish chairperson and American CEO that used to be called British Petroleum so is forever more inherently British.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »
You know, that company with a Swedish chairperson and American CEO that used to be called British Petroleum so is forever more inherently British.

Not to mention that they are headquartered in London.....
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2014, 02:48:50 PM »
So are you saying that Mexico has 50 times larger military than the US and you see it as a pressuring force to your country? Or how can you even begin to compare these two incidents?  :huh
Did anyone else come to this conclusion from what I said?

A brief explanation of my quip is there has been  multiple incursions by the Mexican military on both the ground and in the air that go unchecked. A Mexican military helicopter fired on Border patrol agents a week or so ago. They were kind enough to land and apologize however. So nothing on our southern border would surprise me at this point.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2014, 03:12:50 PM »
Did anyone else come to this conclusion from what I said?

A brief explanation of my quip is there has been  multiple incursions by the Mexican military on both the ground and in the air that go unchecked. A Mexican military helicopter fired on Border patrol agents a week or so ago. They were kind enough to land and apologize however. So nothing on our southern border would surprise me at this point.

Yeah well the Russian activity is state mandated and malicious. No accidents there.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2014, 04:03:57 PM »
Not to mention that they are headquartered in London.....

An the point of this is?. :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2014, 04:09:04 PM »
Yeah well the Russian activity is state mandated and malicious. No accidents there.

It may be unusual for you guys living in a neutral country, but it is business as usual for us NATO guys. Here in Norway we average about 400 interceptions a year of Russian aircraft. And most of them are not unarmed transports.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2014, 05:17:27 PM »
Did I say  it wasn't? And what makes you think the Mexican incursions aren't?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 05:25:58 PM by Slash27 »

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2014, 08:07:56 AM »
It may be unusual for you guys living in a neutral country, but it is business as usual for us NATO guys. Here in Norway we average about 400 interceptions a year of Russian aircraft. And most of them are not unarmed transports.

(Image removed from quote.)

Russians do not violate NATO airspace like they do on countries which not in NATO. NATO scrambles fighters to recognize Russian military aircraft when they are flying close to the airspace border.

Completely and totally apples to oranges.
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
they dont sell  drugs in finland?  really?

semp

The drug cartels don't rule here, really.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2014, 08:13:29 AM »
Did I say  it wasn't? And what makes you think the Mexican incursions aren't?

I don't know about your country but in my society landing and apologising indicates some sort of accidental activity.  :cool:

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2014, 08:15:43 AM »
Russians do not violate NATO airspace like they do on countries which not in NATO. NATO scrambles fighters to recognize Russian military aircraft when they are flying close to the airspace border.

Completely and totally apples to oranges.

When and if we are late they don't stop at the border. They fly up and down our coast just outside the border, but if they think they can get away with it they make a dash for a city or airbase. Tromsø, Andøya and Bodø are typical "targets". In the '90s we were terribly late one day and a Russian bomber managed to overfly Tromsø before being intercepted. That was not a good day to be the chief of the RNoAF...
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2014, 10:26:11 AM »
When and if we are late they don't stop at the border. They fly up and down our coast just outside the border, but if they think they can get away with it they make a dash for a city or airbase. Tromsø, Andøya and Bodø are typical "targets". In the '90s we were terribly late one day and a Russian bomber managed to overfly Tromsø before being intercepted. That was not a good day to be the chief of the RNoAF...

Well, when you get your F-35s you can repay the visit  :D

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2014, 10:32:44 AM »
Well, when you get your F-35s you can repay the visit  :D

Then they could test if SAMs find the F35 or not. Russians shoot first, ask questions later.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2014, 11:16:10 AM »
I don't know about your country but in my society landing and apologising indicates some sort of accidental activity.  :cool:
Maybe apologies work in your country when you fire on law enforcement of another country on their side of the border. Come to think of it, we just pretend nothings wrong so I guess it really doesn't matter. The apology was a nice touch though. Usually they just shoot and return to Mexico after covering another cartel run.