Author Topic: No country dar  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: No country dar
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
No, it's not. Numbers are slowly going down for a long time now.
HQ's being down that much and for that long only began recently, and is especially frequent on the newest terrain addition, FesterMa. Reason is the position of City and HQ, vastly increasing the downtimes, and very much increasing the difficulty of defending the HQ as well as resupplying it.

Of course, this effect probably won't help numbers much in the future either ;)

An issue I've noticed is, compiled by the one you raise,  with the other strats placement they're hidden behind the action, plus a few miles.

It does seem very off balance this week with the current population and tying them up so long resupplying the HQ (maybe reverse the old nurf making strat and HQ field resupplies from 10 to 4minutes?)
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2014, 05:41:46 PM »
If HQ is down and you don't like it... why not do something about it?  When you're being bullied, punching the bully in the face brings quick and clear enlightenment.  Crying to mom MIGHT work, but you might just encourage the bully as well.  :airplane:  You have the tools, use them.  Find a fight.  Pick a fight.  Take THEIR dar down.  Give the offending side something to think about on their next horrible sneaky attack on your HQ.  Or come to the bbs and whine about it.  Whatever... :rock

« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 05:55:40 PM by Tumor »
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2014, 05:59:40 PM »
^^^^  :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »
If HQ is down and you don't like it... why not do something about it?  When you're being bullied, punching the bully in the face brings quick and clear enlightenment.  Crying to mom MIGHT work, but you might just encourage the bully as well.  :airplane:  You have the tools, use them.  Find a fight.  Pick a fight.  Take THEIR dar down.  Give the offending side something to think about on their next horrible sneaky attack on your HQ.  Or come to the bbs and whine about it.  Whatever... :rock

While all this makes sense in REAL life here in a game with the anonymity that we all have it is nothing for a "few" to run around grieving whole countries. So because some pimpled face idiot NOEs a run on HQ and then spends the next 15 tooting his own horn on the radio it makes it ok for some one to run out and take his HQ down so hie WHOLE country has to suffer for his lameness. As his country can't reach out and slap him around for getting their HQ swatted whats to stop him from doing the same thing over and over? So now we have 2/3 of the population pissed because HQ is down and everyone who cares is running supplies for the next 30 minutes and only one person is happy..... the giggling fool who started the mess because he can get away with it.

No Lusche is right, the balance is off. The counter shouldn't be so much more work than the mission.   

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2014, 02:08:09 AM »
An issue I've noticed is, compiled by the one you raise,  with the other strats placement they're hidden behind the action, plus a few miles.

It does seem very off balance this week with the current population and tying them up so long resupplying the HQ (maybe reverse the old nurf making strat and HQ field resupplies from 10 to 4minutes?)

(warning to thin skin fluffy carebear types: what follow is an unedited rant typed with the intent to insult, inflame and make derogatory references to any detractors questionable parentage.)

the strats being set 500 miles behind the front was not my doing and I would undo it and move them to more fun places such as in a congo line between the city and hq so everyone would see red yellow green light as a raid went up the chain to hq. it was a modification brought by htc changing the city complex back to separate strats after I submitted the map.

ironically the original festerma version of this map had the separate strats in some very enjoyable fun to hit locations.

if i get motivated enough to download the terrain editor I might try to modify it but I had to format my pc so i have none of the original fester terrain files and would need to get them from htc if i acquired an interest in tweaking the terrain by moving the unusable strats in the back of the map to new spots.

as for moving the hq closer to a base so the darbar and radar carebears can resupply spam it in 15 minutes instead of 45+? fat chance. I have despised resupply in ah as a game breaking mechanic for better part of a decade ever since it was added and have no interest in making it easy to do.

In fact lets just say the whole HQ thing was a giant F you to the resupply types that would rather repair everything far behind their own lines than fight the bombers coming to kill it. 

the fact that they cant be troubled to make a 1 sector flight in a goon to fix their beloved hq and want it within 1 minute flight time of a base speaks volumes to the mindset of the thing versus the bombers that fly across the map to hit it and spend hours to do so.

personally I would delete resupply mechanic from the game or put a cooldown or limit on it that only allowed a percentage of the time (25%max) to be repaired by bringing supplies so that once enough supplies were brought even with a hoard the down time mechanic still had to repair the thing and could only be sped up a certain amount.

its clearly not fun and is always done behind the front lines thus promotes even less fighting.

clearly the bombers have a target they want to hit right now because it actually has a strategic and noticeable effect.

as someone said before they hit your hq its toast and its not easy to fix...

you would rather whine about how hard it is to fix than smash their hq?

but wait it gets better!

while you were whining your country mates killed their hq and now the guys that smashed your HQ have joined you on the forums to whine about their HQ when you could have figured out neither side had an intel advantage and to bravely go out of the little radar circle of safety your so dependent on and go kill everything thats red until the red kills you or you run out of ammo.

Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2014, 02:15:07 AM »
(warning to thin skin fluffy carebear types: what follow is an unedited rant typed with the intent to insult, inflame and make derogatory references to any detractors questionable parentage.)

the strats being set 500 miles behind the front was not my doing and I would undo it and move them to more fun places such as in a congo line between the city and hq so everyone would see red yellow green light as a raid went up the chain to hq. it was a modification brought by htc changing the city complex back to separate strats after I submitted the map.

ironically the original festerma version of this map had the separate strats in some very enjoyable fun to hit locations.

if i get motivated enough to download the terrain editor I might try to modify it but I had to format my pc so i have none of the original fester terrain files and would need to get them from htc if i acquired an interest in tweaking the terrain by moving the unusable strats in the back of the map to new spots.

as for moving the hq closer to a base so the darbar and radar carebears can resupply spam it in 15 minutes instead of 45+? fat chance. I have despised resupply in ah as a game breaking mechanic for better part of a decade ever since it was added and have no interest in making it easy to do.

In fact lets just say the whole HQ thing was a giant F you to the resupply types that would rather repair everything far behind their own lines than fight the bombers coming to kill it.  

the fact that they cant be troubled to make a 1 sector flight in a goon to fix their beloved hq and want it within 1 minute flight time of a base speaks volumes to the mindset of the thing versus the bombers that fly across the map to hit it and spend hours to do so.

personally I would delete resupply mechanic from the game or put a cooldown or limit on it that only allowed a percentage of the time (25%max) to be repaired by bringing supplies so that once enough supplies were brought even with a hoard the down time mechanic still had to repair the thing and could only be sped up a certain amount.

its clearly not fun and is always done behind the front lines thus promotes even less fighting.

clearly the bombers have a target they want to hit right now because it actually has a strategic and noticeable effect.

as someone said before they hit your hq its toast and its not easy to fix...

you would rather whine about how hard it is to fix than smash their hq?

but wait it gets better!

while you were whining your country mates killed their hq and now the guys that smashed your HQ have joined you on the forums to whine about their HQ when you could have figured out neither side had an intel advantage and to bravely go out of the little radar circle of safety your so dependent on and go kill everything thats red until the red kills you or you run out of ammo.

here here! well put Fester! ............. this is coming from TC as a player !!! ( forget any tags you see under my name )

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #96 on: September 06, 2014, 02:36:06 AM »
what I really wonder about is why vehicles and manned guns haven't yet been integrated into strat objects. why is flying a !#! goon 200 miles behind the front the prefered counter to low level bombers when the only true instant defense is manned guns and vehicles.

even if you move the thing smack on top an airbase it will still get dropped then a cloud of @44hats in m3s and goons converge on it and poof 5 minutes later its all better. Id rather kill the noe bombers every day of the week and be punished for failing to do so.

why the f hasn't HTC seized this golden goose of more explosions by making 88mm/at guns and vehicles part of them?

because they cant be captured? who cares if anything the fester map proved that's no issue with uncapturable vbases right in the middle of a mountain with a capturable airfield.

mass chaos and conflict and explosions with max variety.

oh yeah F resupply. !@! it.

did I mention resupply sucks? good.
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2014, 03:16:15 AM »

Oh so when you're vulched and swarmed with sky full of red, you just take your set of lancs and fly to the enemy hq undetected? Sounds easy enough.  :bhead
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2014, 11:59:20 PM »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2014, 10:36:44 AM »
What's funny is when an entire country discovers either HQ or strat being squashed over and over yet they don't look for the source of the strat destruction.

Anybody remember  bish Hq going down over and over a few days ago?

Nobody even looked at the possibility that two M3s were responsible.

I launched a M18 to sneak up on them but ended up stuck in the water only a couple of miles away from certain fun.

HQ being down is to be fully blamed on the players who would rather drive a c47 than use their brains to think outside of their 3 mission profiles that comprise most of their online action.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2014, 10:57:15 AM »
What's funny is when an entire country discovers either HQ or strat being squashed over and over yet they don't look for the source of the strat destruction.

Anybody remember  bish Hq going down over and over a few days ago?

Nobody even looked at the possibility that two M3s were responsible.

I launched a M18 to sneak up on them but ended up stuck in the water only a couple of miles away from certain fun.

HQ being down is to be fully blamed on the players who would rather drive a c47 than use their brains to think outside of their 3 mission profiles that comprise most of their online action.

Could most likely be that MOST people are not playing that type of game.

While there IS a war going on a lot of players don't care. Fighters like to fight, bombers like to bomb, and GVs like to camp  :devil What happens at the strat and HQ is un-important until it takes away their fun, then it's the end of the world.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2014, 11:39:08 AM »
Could most likely be that MOST people are not playing that type of game.

While there IS a war going on a lot of players don't care. Fighters like to fight, bombers like to bomb, and GVs like to camp  :devil What happens at the strat and HQ is un-important until it takes away their fun, then it's the end of the world.

Correct.

Besides, when numbers are down, this stuff becomes easier to pull off for those who try and a bigger annoyance to the rest of us when they do.   When it happens a lot of us log.   I suggest the perk farmers take it to Mid-war where nobody plays and stop screwing up the fun for the rest of us.   Otherwise you will soon be playing in an empty arena all the time...
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »
Correct.

Besides, when numbers are down, this stuff becomes easier to pull off for those who try and a bigger annoyance to the rest of us when they do.   When it happens a lot of us log.   I suggest the perk farmers take it to Mid-war where nobody plays and stop screwing up the fun for the rest of us.   Otherwise you will soon be playing in an empty arena all the time...

perk farmers are all already in midwar and early war.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2014, 12:12:11 PM »
perk farmers are all already in midwar and early war.

semp

Apparently not cuz they're using this map's weaknesses to pork HQ to enable milk runs.

Dead dar would not be so bad on a map with far fewer than one base per player.   The sheer scope of these maps combined with the numbers playing makes at LEAST some dar necessary to find the battle.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2014, 12:28:50 PM »
Apparently not cuz they're using this map's weaknesses to pork HQ to enable milk runs.

Dead dar would not be so bad on a map with far fewer than one base per player.   The sheer scope of these maps combined with the numbers playing makes at LEAST some dar necessary to find the battle.

The games weakness are the players. Always a plethora of individuals who seek ways to gain an unfair advantage be it joining the horde or porking the hq of a defenseless underdog country. In other multiplayer games this sort of people manifest as cheater/glitchers.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone