Author Topic: 72-75inches Pony  (Read 5876 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Re: 72-75inches Pony
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2014, 10:53:19 AM »
So you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

...O...K....

I'm beginning to suspect the reason Mr. Shift8 doesn't want to reveal his other handles is because we might recognize one of them from a few years ago.

- oldman

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2014, 11:06:44 AM »
The A8 does not use Mw50. they had other boost system, that was standard.

Only the A5, and G14 afaik used it of AH planes.

Both could use other boost system to get same performance.

With the introduction of 150 grade fuel for all allied aircraft, axis side would be ded as it stands now, specially with your non-mw50 190d9, and nerfed 109k, and why not introduce a 2 second delay for axis pilots , they had about 30 hours of flying before entering 1:11 combat odds.

Well it would not be my problem, I would just fly up my 16k of perk points, and then quietly quit.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: September 07, 2014, 11:07:56 AM »
All that aside, I think his argument has some merit. If late 44 had 150 and the higher pressure to go with it, yeah, it might make sense as an add, but you'd also have to do some of the other examples -my own on the p-39 included. And what about Klimov-engined lend lease version and the various induction measures in the Luftwaffe?

I'd like to see what's under the shade, too, though - and also am painfully aware of his motives... Btw, there's another rather argumentative member of this bbs, also known to use shades, who almost exclusively flies the pony d. Guesses?
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline shift8

• Copper Member
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2014, 12:27:18 PM »
So help me out here.  You clearly have all the answers and since you are convinced you have the answer there isnt much point in discussing it.  That being said you have failed to answer the important question.

Why do you believe we need it in Aces High?  What will it allow you to do that you can't do with the Mustang we have modeled?  How will in benefit the game?

It think it should be modeled since we have ultra late war 109s 190s and etc. The 150 Grade pony is a comparable, and earlier upgrade. The Germans made things like the K4 and 190D. Russia has the La-7 etc. The allies had 150grade powered plans of the same mark.

with 150 Grade:

Speed increases at SL 380mph---or parity with Dora and Kurfurst.
Climb increases to 4100-4300fpm at 9600lbs---parity or near parity with dora/kurfurst/la-7
Since there is no weight gain, and a 200bhp power increase, turn would improve as well. Since the K4 and P-51D are very close in game, the mustang being slightly worse, I would imagine the 150grade mustang would achieve at least parity, if not a slight advantage. But that is just a guess.

Offline shift8

• Copper Member
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2014, 12:36:11 PM »

...O...K....

I'm beginning to suspect the reason Mr. Shift8 doesn't want to reveal his other handles is because we might recognize one of them from a few years ago.

- oldman

You dont have to listen to facts we you can just disregard me as someone you dont like. I dont know who you are refering too, as I have never posted on this forum before. But I dont supposed you realize how crazy you sound. I suppose you accuse everyone who comes on this forum with a small number of posts to his name as someone in disguise and a lunatic...cuz you couldnt possibly have not met everyone on the internet yet right?

Offline shift8

• Copper Member
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2014, 12:46:46 PM »

I'm sorry but you're barking up the wrong tree!

Guppy has done the research,his stuff is all over the net. Infact you can find pix of "guppy" at a few pilot reunions as he did his "research"......

My reference to 72 inches being too tall to be a pony was really a reference to beating a dead horse....  search the forums from days of past to see just how many times this exact argument has come up.

Could say much more but it's not worth the effort,you obviously dont know who you were addressing!

:salute

I always love you self-proclaimed experts mounted on your mountain of a pedestal. You have your circle of people you trust in your closed off little world where anything you aren't fed from said people you ignore. Lots of people write on the internet, and many of them are idiots. Good to know you've read threads on there about 150 grade, and also good to know that you turned off your mind shortly thereafter as you regard something you read on a forum as the end all be all of historical fact and game balance.

You dont know who are addressing either. And it is clear from this thread that you place more stock in inferences you can make about a person you know or dont know than you do about the facts.

Offline shift8

• Copper Member
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2014, 12:52:10 PM »
All that aside, I think his argument has some merit. If late 44 had 150 and the higher pressure to go with it, yeah, it might make sense as an add, but you'd also have to do some of the other examples -my own on the p-39 included. And what about Klimov-engined lend lease version and the various induction measures in the Luftwaffe?

I'd like to see what's under the shade, too, though - and also am painfully aware of his motives... Btw, there's another rather argumentative member of this bbs, also known to use shades, who almost exclusively flies the pony d. Guesses?

What motives are those? That I desire a 150 grade pony? Because thats all I've stated. Been playing this game for awhile and finally decided to go on the forums and post about stuff. I've never been on here before. But of course, you will never believe that because your too busy stapling on ulterior motives, whatever those might be, and pretending im someone else.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2014, 12:52:38 PM »
Your wish is for 150 octane fuel which has been wished for before. It's apparently a game play design choice of the developers. Arguing with other players won't change that.

Offline shift8

• Copper Member
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
Your wish is for 150 octane fuel which has been wished for before. It's apparently a game play design choice of the developers. Arguing with other players won't change that.

Thats true enough. But things can change with time. So far I haven't seen a dev in here.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2014, 01:17:11 PM »
Can the f4u get a power boost too? I want hogs that can climb
See Rule #4

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2014, 01:21:53 PM »
Thats true enough. But things can change with time. So far I haven't seen a dev in here.
If you see a dev in here it would probably be to lock this thread. From experience, HTC do not like too vocal requests. If you seriously want a 150 octan (perked) mustang, you'd better be prepared for a LONG campaign - and by "long" I mean years. You'd have to compete with the rest of the Whirlewind, Beaufighter, JU88 variants, He217, D.520, etc. requests that are just as good or better. You'll have to be diplomatic about it because approval by HTC would mean that the P47, P38, Spit14, Mosquito fans will want their 150 rides as well, and that is plenty of work for HTC to introduce what would have to be perked planes.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »
Dan I'd be happy to see if HE could post one picture of a data block WITH 150 octane on it.  :devil

I can post a few.  The issue isn't that it was used.  I've not ever said it wasn't.  We are going to disagree that it was standard for 1944-45 Mustangs.

If the argument is claiming the Lutwaffe AH birds are the latest and greatest, then it's not enough.  If you can't hold your own with the AH Luftwaffe birds in an AH 51 then it won't make a difference if you have 150 octane fuel.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2014, 02:23:17 PM »

Pssst. It's under 'Company Info' and 'About Us' -

HiTech Creations - Customer Relations   

HiTech Creations, Inc.
11751 Alta Vista Rd
Suite 203
Keller, TX   76244

(817) 431 - 8840
(817) 431 - 8886 fax

Contact E-mail: info@hitechcreations.com <-

Billing E-mail: billing@hitechcreations.com

Support E-mail: support@hitechcreations.com

~~~~~

Much better than trying to 'whip up support' by referring to challengers as 'stupid' or 'ignorant' (in a public forum where the community knows those individuals much better than you do) and then responding to requests to know you better (offering you a chance to vet your qualifications) with a defensive and surly attitude (avoiding such at all cost).

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2014, 04:27:56 PM »
I always love you self-proclaimed experts mounted on your mountain of a pedestal. You have your circle of people you trust in your closed off little world where anything you aren't fed from said people you ignore. Lots of people write on the internet, and many of them are idiots. Good to know you've read threads on there about 150 grade, and also good to know that you turned off your mind shortly thereafter as you regard something you read on a forum as the end all be all of historical fact and game balance.

You dont know who are addressing either. And it is clear from this thread that you place more stock in inferences you can make about a person you know or dont know than you do about the facts.

Wow,talk about inferred...... How you can say I'm a self proclaimed anything is beyond me and speaks of a weak argument...

Personally I could careless if HTC did a perked 150 grade P51,or Mossie or spit as it would make little or no difference to me!  Your claims of AH have the latest and greatest LW birds isnt correct either but I fear I'm waisting my breath as you cant see past the point on your head.

I only posted because you told Guppy to do some research....  It was obvious that you had no idea who you were talking down to as Guppy has done more "research" than most around here.

As for your ingame id I could careless about that as I tend to treat all players the same,I've been known to make exceptions though and as a result I dont really want to know who you are so my help or advice will still be made available,ya even to you!

I will stop before I say some thing I might regret,unlike some others around here.... :rolleyes:

:salute                                                                                               :bhead