Author Topic: A Final Salute  (Read 1905 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
A Final Salute
« on: September 08, 2014, 11:10:03 PM »
Although I have not played Aces High in over 9 months, I feel it is time to officially announce my retirement.

I have enjoyed eight years of Aces High 2 and I feel as if I am at my best friend's funeral. I have met great guys, good guys, and some other guys during my career. I have made life long friends, heated rivalries, and some enemies. I am fairly certain I wouldn't change a thing. Most people know me now as a pest or a nuisance, that reputation is well deserved I will admit. My passion for events got me into some trouble with the authorities and that ended my time in AH. But, I do not intend to dwell on that now.

My humble AH beginning began in 2006. After saving JimBeam's hide, I was invited on channel with the 367th FG "Dynamite Gang." I am so glad that that was the group I ran into. They were and remain to be the best group of guys I have ever had the privilege to fly with. Cooley of the 367th taught me nearly everything I know about the game. How the process of taking a base works, how to dive bomb, how to level bomb, strategic structure hardness, the strategy revolving around taking a base (porking), etc. I owe cooley more than anyone else in this game. I am very thankful sir <S>. Other guys in that squad like flkjkt21, Dh367th, JGroth, Projoee, Kev367th, and Sonic23 taught me many things as well and successfully made me a customer of AH for years to come. My first true love in Aces High was wingman tactics, Rotte specifically. This began with my good friend still to this day, JimBeam. We would stay up for hours on end drinking whiskey and raping Rooks. The next summer, MiaMiAce and I became close after Sonic23 went on a hiatus. Miami and I discovered just how good these Rotte tactics were. In the sexy LA-7, we were nigh unstoppable. That summer in 2007, I learned how to dogfight and make enemies. My first enemy in AH was SkyRock. Somehow, Miami and I always seemed to find Das Muppets in the fray. Agent360 was a lot to handle in those days and of course the moves that SkyRock was able to put on us poor dweebs were too much for us to handle. Back then, I was known as perdue7, perdue2, or perdue3. After I turned half of Das Muppets against me, I decided on a name change. I was always called a dweeb when flying with Miami. We flew the LA-7 constantly which obviously led to this name calling. "perdweeb" was a winner, Miami loved it.

At that time, 367th was dying down and MiamiAce and I decided to leave and create a new squad. Miami had decided 3 months prior that he was going to quit the game due to some financial issues with HTC, so he burned all of his perks, or tried. He began flying the Me 262 religiously and got to where he couldn't be killed. Of course, the competitor in me had to try. I quickly became hooked whereas I previously was afraid of them. So, when it came time to name our squadron, I chose JG 7 "Nowotny". For 6 months, Miami and I flew together and trained a few new guys, most notably SunFan. SunFan was so bad...But after about 3 months, he was whooping my ass.

My first sniff at events was Operation Downfall. I flew with the CHawks in A6M5b's and boy am I glad I did. I really loved the way they did things. They kept it simple, but tight. This is exactly the way I ran my squadron in events. spiveyCH was my role model for nearly 12 months as I flew FSO and Scenarios with them for a long time. Thank you CHawks for instilling an addiction that couldn't be satisfied <S>. After MiamiAce quit, I rejoined the 367th FG. During the late nights, when no one was on, I found myself hanging out with Kermit, Betty, JAXXO (WHOOOO!!!!!!!), Spartin2, Blue, Coog03 and the rest of the Killuminati band. Some of the best times in Aces High were found on that channel in those days. As well as some excellent flying. During this time, I was finishing up college at the University of Tennessee and Betty got me through some pretty hard times in college. I was feeling a little depressed and Betty would always chat with me and I am very thankful for the friendship we had <S>. 367th FG again began to die, and once again I left. Instead of joining Killuminati like I had planned, Coog03 had the great idea of creating a squadron. I was not too thrilled about the idea but did it anyway. Coog became my XO and I named the squadron "Kommando Nowotny" in Jan. 2010. In February, one of the best moments of my AH time happened.

At an enemy base, with 3 Killuminati and 1 friendly, a Spit dives on the friendly. "Check it SuckOff" shouted Betty on Range. I replied on channel, "It's pronounced Sookoff." Of course this led to a 30 second discussion on channel which would ultimately lead to Betty curiously asking on Range, "How do you say your name SuckOff?" To which Sukov replied, "It's Sookoff." 5 days later, I invited one of my best friends to this day into Kommando Nowotny.

Jonah was next, followed by DutchGuy and Fungus. Later was Bosco, Ace8, Devil5O5, AnglEyes, T2Maw and yes even Schlowy. We were a band of misfits. A mosh posh of unwanted pilots. And we all had one thing in common, we LOVED Luftwaffe superiority. We flew 109's, 190's, jets, rockets, and oh yeah, Ta 152. We had the best of times, especially when we began whooping in FSO. Of course, with publicity comes bad publicity. The "Mossie incident" remains one of our most notorious events. Our CV exploits and incursions into other countries are also well documented. Most of these guys are still my friends today that I speak to nearly every day.

I hope that all of the enemies I have made in the last eight years can put our differences aside and accept my apology for any grief I have caused you. I certainly have moved on as I am sure you have done. I thank all of you for making the game interesting, rivalries fuel greatness. Also, the friendly rivalries we have had with squads such as JG 11, LCA, G3-MF, and 9 GIAP have been great fun and added immensely to the fun of AH.

If I can take nothing else from AH, I know I have life long friends. I have met Ten367th and Tull in person in Knoxville, TN. Jonah and I have went on vacation to Myrtle Beach, SC and Spikes and I travel to Myrtle Beach, SC every year for vacation. I speak with Sukov, Ace, and Devil5O5 every day and play other games with. Ruah has become one of my best friends as well as we speak nearly every day as well as play multiple games together.

Lastly, if I missed your name I apologize. If you had anything to do with my success, my fun, or my failure then you deserve mentioning in this post. It is not fair that recollection is so difficult. Thank you Skuzzy for putting up with me for so long and I apologize for the extra work you have had to do in the past because of me. I do not miss the game necessarily, but at times I do.

With this post, I salute all those who have made my time in AH enjoyable. I will be in the forums now and again, too many good discussions to be had in here.

<SALUTE>

Sincerely, perdweeb       

List of wingmen in chronological order:

JimBeam
MiaMiAce
Kermit
8SPade
DrBone
Sukov
DutchGuy
Jonah
Ace8                                             
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:21:40 AM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: A Final Salute
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 11:20:41 PM »
Who are you again?  :neener:

:salute

Gunna point FBDragon to this :)
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 11:45:11 PM »
we didn't always see eye to eye, but i will miss your presence sir!

good luck with your future endeavors. :salute :cheers:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 12:10:04 AM »
Ya missed out the part where The Many's Spitdweebs made your day!   

Still enjoyed the banter.     :salute  Perdweeb.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline 367sam

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 12:58:57 AM »
It was good having you around perdue. You will be missed.

Jeez how many times did the 367th die in this post?

(ps it was Kev367th)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 01:22:22 AM »
It was good having you around perdue. You will be missed.

Jeez how many times did the 367th die in this post?

(ps it was Kev367th)

What did I say? How was I lucky enough to be your 2nd post!

<S> Bruv, Joachim
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 05:04:40 AM »
i enjoyed fighting you in the MA perdweeb but we had are best battles in FSO and i enjoyed every minute of it <<S>> sir
G3-MF

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 06:02:13 AM »
 :salute   It was always fun to find you in the Arena. Lose or nearly win...it was always a fun battle

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 09:05:42 AM »
 :aok :cheers:

Good luck mano.  This game gets into your blood I think, not so much for the game, but the people you get to know. 

And for the record I always liked you even when you stepped on your crank. :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2014, 09:07:18 AM »
Happy Landings Perdue.

<S>

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 09:13:11 AM »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 11:14:21 AM »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2014, 11:18:43 AM »

Perdweeb
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2014, 12:31:23 PM »
 :salute bud. Take care

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline peterg2

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »
So, why are you retiring? I haven't had much time to fly myself over the last few years, but drop in on occasion, especially when I see some familiar names.

For the small monthly membership, I continue to support Dale HiTech, Doug Pyro and the rest of the gang. They're one of the few independent, privately owned game developers still in business.

Best of luck in the non-virtual world.