Author Topic: Aces High Noob <Alert>  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Re: Aces High Noob <Alert>
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2014, 02:23:10 PM »
The Welcome wagon is out for you Admiral! :)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2014, 02:55:28 PM »
Welcome aboard, Admiral.   :salute
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:02 PM »
The Welcome wagon is out for you Admiral! :)

(Image removed from quote.)

What drama?

:)
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Iamtheknight

• Zinc Member
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 02:58:52 PM »
The Admiral has always been welcome.
The Damned BAT in the AH Belfry

"You don't have any special powers"
"Oh I have one...I NEVER give up"-The Batman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 03:07:06 PM »

I read that in Spock's voice.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »
Regardless, it never ceases to amaze me when people point out that "their" game is supposedly more realistic than another game, when said player is mediocre at best in both.

Just can't help yourself, can ya', Kast?   :rolleyes:
”KILLER V”

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2014, 03:08:51 PM »
The struggle is real in this thread. 
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 03:15:40 PM »
The struggle is real in this thread. 

In what way?
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Admiral

• Zinc Member
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2014, 03:39:03 PM »
Many thanks to everyone posting and look forward to meeting new and old friends.  I'd like to add that since I've had the opportunity to perform well in both Fighter Ace and War Thunder, I look forward to the challenge of Aces High II.  

In my humble opinion, all of these games are based on their game developers best efforts to provide an enjoyable flight combat simulation.  Each of these games will always hold positives and negatives from each players opinion based on the great features the games provide.  These players will always have their own opinion and concerns at which the game and support community will best satisfy.  Keep in mind that in each support community you will never know the full details behind why decisions were made whether they agreed or disagreed to it, but something the game community need to live with.  That being said; the (SysAdmin,SysOp,GameOp, whatever they may be called) may have the same view point with you on an issue that they may not portray, but just can't relay their true feelings based on their position.  

In regards to Energy game vs Turn Fighting will always be based on the capabilities of these aircrafts, flight models and physics along with possible known/unknown exploits/bugs.  From my experience, the energy game will always prevail, but success doesn't always revolve around tactics, but also proper configuration for efficient flight and utilizing the game features to its fullest.  You will also need to consider situational awareness and in many cases dependencies on your team/wingman tactics and trust.  However, at the end of the day these Combat Flight Simulators are games and if the player enjoys their experience then everyone has succeeded.  

There will always be players wanting to be the best - I know this from personal experience.  However, in my opinion, wanting to be the best is a factor of what makes these games so great.  You will always find someone that can shoot you down and some will accept it and others (such as myself) will go off and kick the neighbors cat with frustration.  The reactions are where you will find those that work on improving their games or complain about an exploit, bug or some condition that occurred to allow them to be shot down.  I will never tell you I am the best in a game, but I will always tell you I will shoot you down. :)

In the end everyone will have their own successes and failures (good and bad days), but what I get most out of these simulators are the great friendships and experiences within the game and on rare occasions extend into real life. I have already noticed Aces High II to be a great community and look forward to becoming a part of your gaming life.

Much Respect.

Admiral
ps: Seriously speaking, I will shoot your butt down!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 03:43:30 PM by Admiral »

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »
I never considered Kruel and Skyyr new.

The games, FA and AH, are similar. Whatever skill you had in FA should've transferred over.
There are differences, yes, but not very drastic differences.

All an opinion.

Welcome Back, great to have you.

God Speed

Ratio

Nor have I, but they are quick to refer to themselves thusly when ridiculing others they happen to shoot down.   CLASSY!
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 03:44:12 PM »
Many thanks to everyone posting and look forward to meeting new and old friends.  I'd like to add that since I've had the opportunity to perform well in both Fighter Ace and War Thunder, I look forward to the challenge of Aces High II.  

In my humble opinion, all of these games are based on their game developers best efforts to provide an enjoyable flight combat simulation.  Each of these games will always hold positives and negatives from each players opinion based on the great features the games provide.  These players will always have their own opinion and concerns at which the game and support community will best satisfy.  Keep in mind that in each support community you will never know the full details behind why decisions were made whether they agreed or disagreed to it, but something the game community need to live with.  That being said; the (SysAdmin,SysOp,GameOp, whatever they may be called) may have the same view point with you on an issue that they may not portray, but just can't relay their true feelings based on their position.  

In regards to Energy game vs Turn Fighting will always be based on the capabilities of these aircrafts, flight models and physics along with possible known/unknown exploits/bugs.  From my experience, the energy game will always prevail, but success doesn't always revolve around tactics, but also proper configuration for efficient flight and utilizing the game features to its fullest.  You will also need to consider situational awareness and in many cases dependencies on your team/wingman tactics and trust.  However, at the end of the day these Combat Flight Simulators are games and if the player enjoys their experience then everyone has succeeded.  

There will always be players wanting to be the best - I know this from personal experience.  However, in my opinion, wanting to be the best is a factor of what makes these games so great.  You will always find someone that can shoot you down and some will accept it and others (such as myself) will go off and kick the neighbors cat with frustration.  The reactions are where you will find those that work on improving their games or complain about an exploit, bug or some condition that occurred to allow them to be shot down.  I will never tell you I am the best in a game, but I will always tell you I will shoot you down. :)

In the end everyone will have their own successes and failures (good and bad days), but what I get most out of these simulators are the great friendships and experiences within the game and on rare occasions extend into real life. I have already noticed Aces High II to be a great community and look forward to becoming a part of your gaming life.

Much Respect.

Admiral
ps: Seriously speaking, I will shoot your butt down!

Good post.  We need more players like you in here.
”KILLER V”

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 03:45:09 PM »
 I will never tell you I am the best in a game, but I will always tell you I will shoot you down. :)

Well said. SSDD.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline dmdchief

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 04:10:09 PM »
Quote "some will accept it and others (such as myself) will go off and kick the neighbors cat with frustration. " or in my case back several years ago the moniter went out the window into the yard, (hum about 3 times) before I realized that didn't help, so I finally just decided they was going to shoot me down no matter how big a moniter I got.

SALUTE
ab8aac/dmdchief
HAVE THE COURAGE TO STEP UP AND LEAD AND THE PUBLIC WILL FOLLOW

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 04:14:57 PM »
Quote "some will accept it and others (such as myself) will go off and kick the neighbors cat with frustration. " or in my case back several years ago the moniter went out the window into the yard, (hum about 3 times) before I realized that didn't help, so I finally just decided they was going to shoot me down no matter how big a moniter I got.

SALUTE
ab8aac/dmdchief

LMAO!    Sounds so true.  I was playing on a small screened CRT.   Was a bit heavy to toss out the window, but I did smash my Sidewinder on my desk hard enough to break the keyboard drawer.  That was an all-day process to repair and reinforce so it won't happen again.  Yikes.  :lol
”KILLER V”

Offline Saito

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »
Hey Admiral, I think you just might like AH.
 :salute Cheech
  JG52 "Experten" - Main Arena XO