Author Topic: Fury  (Read 5273 times)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: Fury
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2014, 10:41:31 AM »
Nice, but I'm no Kreskin. Nor do I need to be one in this thread.  :aok
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2014, 10:44:13 AM »
Nice, but I'm no Kreskin. Nor do I need to be one in this thread.  :aok

I pressed the wrong button, it seems. Was looking for the 'off' one.  :)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2014, 10:46:44 AM »
I'm sorry. Only Skuzzy has access to that one.  :)
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2014, 10:55:32 AM »
I'm sorry. Only Skuzzy has access to that one.  :)

You're not done yet, it seems. Well, I am. Thanks for the never-ending negatve film critique.  :salute :cheers:

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2014, 11:01:22 AM »
You're most welcome.  :aok

Offline Skull-1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2014, 12:28:25 PM »
Character development is a phrase people use to try and look smart.

We got enough of that from the details revealed to us.    What do you want, footage of the driver during his former career as a ballet dancer or something?

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2014, 06:50:16 PM »

We got enough of that from the details revealed to us.    What do you want, footage of the driver during his former career as a ballet dancer or something?

Bazinga! 

I've seen lots of real tank combat caught on camera.  Everything from the Pershing-Panther engagement, to a TC who stuck a video camera on top of his turret during the M-1 assault of Baghdad.  Though that stuff was real, it's definitely not like a movie.  Even when an RPG team was wiped out by the coaxial machine gun, it still was pretty dull.

So basically Fury is just a story that involves some tankers.  If you want reality, go to liveleak.   
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2014, 08:10:08 AM »

What a strange thing to say. Are you deliberately trying to look dumb when you talk or write something?

"Character development" is an industry standard term and to be quite frank you don't have to be a genius to understand what it means; what words would you choose to convey its meaning while maintaining your preferred image of not looking smart?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 08:19:02 AM by GScholz »

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2014, 09:46:01 PM »
I saw this flick.  It was weak.  I did not care about any of the characters and actually was pleased when the bully guy (all the chars were overly cliched) was killed so I didn't have to listen to his poorly delivered dialogue again. 

Pitt's performance was blank.  He's so incapable of expressing emotion through his face that the director had to cut away from him during the two painfully awkward "scenes of remorse" where Pitt walks off on his own and reflects on his actions.  Shoddy screenwriting.    The structure of the movie, action scene / break / action scene / rest and recover / action scene  bored me to tears. 

I thought the cinematography was good aside from the general underexposed dark look of the film.  It got really old quick. 

I willing to suspend belief for war movies, but the final scene with the German SS battalions tard rushing the tank... come on... i started to break out in laughter.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2014, 08:55:40 AM »
To those of you who actually liked the film you can get a premium "Fury" in WoT. It's not a bad premium actually...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7A98cxOF78

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: October 29, 2014, 01:42:59 PM »
I liked the movie. Like it's been said, the Tiger is the last operating of it's kind in the world and the M4Mk4 is  the last also. The end reminded me of the last shootout in the WildBunch.                                                             Gory, intense, kinda like Saving Private Ryan.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 29, 2014, 02:21:07 PM »
I for one think the BOB scene of the 111's flying in formation made it a 4 star movie. I think the tank tactics in Fury did the same, as did the opening of SPR. If I want "character development" I'll watch Gone With The Wind.

It was a short violent life living in a tank crew in WW2. Many didnt even learn the first names of others in their tank. Most didnt want to. It was easier losing the noobs when you didnt know who they were. "Emotion" and "developing your character" didnt help you survive the war. Those guys turned into emotionless killers when thrown into a conflict that knew very little mercy. Of a scale almost unimaginable.

The scene of the Heavies flying back from Bombing Germany was awsome.

I would have liked a nod toward the Historical reason why the Germans were still fighting. As I already mentioned the Party had an iron grip on both the armed forces and especially the populace, "course the hacks always found a reason to avoid the front lines". But Germany, its populace, and its armed forces, were a very much different show after the events of 20 July 1944. History seems to forget the upheaval that the attempt on Hitler unleashed. I know my eyebrows raised after studying the after effects in a few books, "Im a book shop 'ho". ;)

Its worth reading up on. Had they not tried to blow up Adi, and of course failed, the war would have been shorter and less bloody.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:22:56 PM by Rich46yo »
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 29, 2014, 03:42:07 PM »
What tank tactics are you referring to?

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2014, 04:48:29 PM »
If I don't want any depth to a movie I might as well go play WOT... that's what the movie felt like, only less exciting.
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2014, 06:48:39 PM »
If I want girlie elements in my movie I'll watch a chick flick. If I want an overabundance of background I'll watch a documentary.  :D